We're screwed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ReservoirDog76, Apr 23, 2008.

1. SixteentoSeven

SixteentoSeven New Member

ya, its a slam dunk they dont :wink:

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Wrong thread for that queer stuff...and it stopped being funny about 2 hours ago.

3. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

And if in 5 years they all turn out to be busts or even just average players, it will be said winning that Chiefs game saved us from making a bad draft pick.

4. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Trade down with Panthers for another 2nd. Make Stewart, Groves, and Hardy our first 3 picks.

5. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

i have to admit, after the j.allen trade, im a little worried were not gonna get one of the big 3

6. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Oh terrific, FOURTHANDWRONG has a mini-me now.

In the world of competitive sports you win as much as you can and sort everything else out after the season. All the people that called you an ass back then are still calling you an ass, ass.

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

they arent trading up...we dont have enough picks to do this. They bet their farm last year on 2 players that looks like studs, and this year we have the #6 pick. They will get a player that they want. If anything, they will be trading back.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

no, now THIS is 'screwed':

with the 9th overall pick in the 2007 draft, the miami dolphins select (drum roll please) ted ginn, wr (who only ran 3 routs his entire college career).

can you imagin being ted ginn praying he gets drafted AT ALL when from the other room he hears: with the 9th overall selection........

he probably didn't even know he was drafted until the branch manager of his local Chase Bank ran to his house and started banging on his front door.

9. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The only guys from the top 6 I would want are one of the Longs or Ryan, and we still have a very good shot at Chris Long or Ryan. I see the draft going like this:

2. Dorsey - He's been their pick for months now, and I don't see that changing.
    3. Ryan - He's not going to make it to us. QB is a dire need for the Falcons, who also need a new face for their franchise.
    4. McFadden - Howie Long has an ongoing feud with Al Davis, so drafting his kid would be a risky move. Knowing Davis' soft spot for flashy speed players, the choice become obvious.
    5. Gholston - With the loss of Allen there is a gaping hole at pass rushing DE. Gholston will likely make a better 4-3 DE than Long, who is better suited to play 3-4 OLB at the NFL level.

6. Chris Long - Both Longs are easily the odds on cant miss studs in this draft, or at least the closest thing to it.

There, we got our stud and didn't have to be pussies in week 17 of 2007. If it works out differently (Ryan or McFadden falling to us), we will have a multitude of trading partners.

Groves, among others, will likely be better pro at OLB than Gholston, and Stewart and Mendenhall will likely be better long term options at RB when compared to Mc'Fad'den.

10. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

If we have to make the pick it would be to our advantage to be able to make the one that we want based on how we have the players rated. If they are bust they are bust but at least we got a chance at the guy we wanted to take instead of having to make the smart choice based on what is left over.

11. FOURTHANDLONG

And they are the same ones that will be crying like bitches because we get a Cb that should have been drafted at 20 as Gholston, Long or Mcfadden becomes a star!

12. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

1. There is no way in hell they take a CB without trading down.
    2. There is a 99% chance (based on the likelihood of the Rams taking Dorsey) that Long, Ryan, Gholston or Mcfadden will be there at 6.

None of this changes the fact that you DO NOT root for your team to lose, ever.

13. ........

........ Trolls

I wish we knew who the Chiefs actually had rated higher on their draft boards. I still hope they reach for an OL at the 5 spot, but if they decide to take a replacement for Allen, I hope you're right that they go Gholston.

Agree wholeheartedly with your last statement. I'm a big fan of Stewart, and would love to see a scenario in which we grab him and an extra couple of picks. Love the fact that Groves is already talking about that chip on his shoulder, too. It'll be a rather sizable one if he falls to us in the 2nd round and we've gone RB in the 1st.

14. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I checked out some Rams fan sites last night and it seems they want either dorsey or the trade down with the saints that is rumored Long wasnt their top choice. That would work for me either of those options. If Long is gone now Id really like to see a trade down 3 or 4 spots now.

15. songster67

songster67 New Member

Are there defined rules saying they can't? In this age of spygate and tampering who's to say the Rams are talking to agents on the down low?

16. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

And the jets pick a punter for #6.:rofl:

17. FOURTHANDLONG

We won and we still lost. Gholston is looking more and more like a chief each day and Mcfadden a Raider!

18. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

From your lips to God's ears. That's my dream scenario. That drops Long in our laps. Mind you, Chris Long had a strong chance of going #1 overall.

Furthermore, the team saves millions in guaranteed money to spend elsewhere.

19. JetsLookingforDWare

You stop your logic.

I have no idea why people are complaining about or pick...I think it's the best spot in the top 10.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This scenario might end up becoming a blessing in disguise. It either gives us the chance to upgrade our biggest need at the QB position if the CS is convinced about RYan and if they're not they can auction off the pick to a team that is convinced.

Either way we win.