Clayton says Jets talking to Rams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, Apr 22, 2008.

1. mst3000

mst3000 Member

Rotoworld is reporting this as well.

2. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

So does Joe Willie sell Ryan the license to wear #12?

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Uh...no

Filler

4. Salz

Salz New Member

They're doing it for Chris Long, not Matt Ryan, duh. I wonder what they'd give up.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I don't know man...This could just be a HUGE smoke screen. Hoping that someone trades with STL to get Ryan, ATL gets Dorsey, OAK takes McFadden/Gholston, and Chris Long falls into the Jets' lap at 6.

6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

What happened to KC? They are probably looking at Gholston and Long with their pick and a offensive lineman with 17.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm hoping KC goes Gholston or Albert...I thought I had them in that post, but it slipped my mind.

I'm really against drafting Matt Ryan, but the coaching staff and front office knows way more than we do...so they make a decision that they think is best for this team.

8. DougBrien'sABum

DougBrien'sABum New Member

I feel ya buddy, with all this draft talk its hard not to think about

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Nobody in this draft is worth trading up for. There's not even an Eli Manning, let alone a Peyton.

If the Jets trade up again after failing using the strategy extensively over the last 6 years it will just show that the organization is out of ideas and incapable of performing at a high level, which is something we've seen demonstrated in 2003, 2005 and 2007.

10. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

That Ryan video against VT is probably a pretty bad evaluation tool. Even though the comeback was impressive, and he showed poise. Someone is going to get way open 8 seconds after the ball is snapped EVERY time. Anyone who's ever thrown a ball in the backyard knows that. That is never going to happen in the NFL. The defense's speed in the NFL is way too quick.

11. Day2Diehard

Day2Diehard New Member

Does anyone else think that the Jets might actually be involved in a trade DOWN in this scenario? Maybe StL drops down to NO's spot at 10 and then trades back up to the Jets spot at 6 to get who they really want. Depending on who's left on the board it might well be worth it to the Jets. Seems like everyone is assuming it is a trade up for the Jets but it could end up being a trade down. Just some food for thought...

12. ........

........ Trolls

KFFL is reporting that the Falcons and Saints are both highly interested in Leodis McKelvin. Atlanta wants to drop back a bit and still pick him up, the Saints want to move ahead of New England to get him. Not sure how much of it I believe, especially when it comes to the Falcons, but that would certainly allow us to slide back.

13. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

[insert Rams GM Name]:"Hello, [insert Rams GM Name] here."
    Tanny:"Yeah, it?s Mike, how are you doing?"
    [insert Rams GM Name]:"Fine, what do you want? It would be your 1st and your 2nd for the #2 overall!"
    Tanny:"Oh, no. We don?t really want to go up, we?re just pretending we?re serious about Ryan, so that Baltimore either gives us a 2nd for Penny, or trade up for him, so we don?t get stuck with a CB at #6, that Allen-Trade really sucked for us!"
    [insert Rams GM Name]:"Oh, yeah, i see your point, have fun with DMC!"
    Tanny:"Thanks?s have fun with Long, good luck."
    [insert Rams GM Name]:"Good luck, to you, too. Bye"

14. Bosko

Bosko Guest

The Jets have spent a lot of money so they might trade a lot of lower round draft choices for a few players they really want at the top of the draft. This could become a pattern. If they trade up for McFadden and give up some late round draft choices, I think it could be a smart move.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

There is no need to get crazy yet. The Jets also tried to move up to get Bush in '06. They couldn't do it. They probably can't do this either. The only difference now is that there may be more that one player they want and if they can't trade up with St Louis, they will try with Atlanta and Oakland and KC as long as there is still a player on the board that they want.

This makes all the sense in the world and I can't understand why anybody is surprised by it. We have all said all along that there are only 4 premier players in this draft that the Jets can use. Five if you count Ryan.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What about a Tom Brady?

17. SixteentoSeven

SixteentoSeven New Member

ya, his name is henne

18. Iversonheels

Iversonheels New Member

If we trade up and it is for matt ryan I will turn in my badge as a jet fan. I swear to god if we draft ryan or make a dumb move im going to become a dolphin fan.haha just out of spite

19. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

I've kept saying that exact thing. give clemens one more chance and fill another hole with a beast instead of trying to fill QB (which we may not need) with a guy who probably will be average .

20. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Isn't that the team that drafted Ted Ginn last year? :rofl: