Laveranues Coles has reported

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Kramer, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Kramer

Kramer Member

From Rich Cimini:

2. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

great news on coles, and f::k robertson

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Coles back will ease any tension in the locker room. Let him get to know his new teammates, and lead this team again with his warrior example. Business aside, I'd look to him to lead me to the playoffs any day. I've lead a few teams deep in the playoffs when i was in middle and highschool.. but i'd gladly let him lead a team i was on and believe in him... good to have him back.

oh yea and fuck Robertson, fat knee-hurting slob.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I dont understand the outright hate for DRob, I'm sure he has been instructed not to show up for these workouts.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its not about him not reporting, its about the fact that as a GM, i can't trade him because he's failing physicals and he is costing me 12M this year. That causes me great stress. I want him gone.

6. Quack

Quack New Member

Mick, you are not every player and front office member on the Jets. There are other methods of speech other than first person. "IF" is also a fun word too.

7. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Good to see the whiny little bitch back in camp...he's still one of my on-the-field heroes, even though he could use a good bitch slap in real life.

D-slob, on the other hand, I feel the complete opposite about. As a person, I've seen him do nothing but what was asked of him and play to the best of his ability the whole time without a peep to the media. On the field, however, he leaves a lot to be desired considering his salary and draft slot. Not really his fault though, it's Bradway's.

8. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

Coles shows up for training
    by Dave Hutchinson
    Monday March 24, 2008, 7:10 PM

It's unclear what type of agreement the Jets and Coles, but it is believed that Coles was assured that he would receive a long-term deal next season or be allowed to seek a trade on his own if he stays injury free.

I think this is a real smart move by Tangini. I hope Coles stays a jet. He is a real leader for this team. I think Mangini and him need to compromise on a couple of things most notable the intensity of practices. I'm not saying we should go back to Herm's practices, but maybe ease up just a bit.

9. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Fuck that...these guys are getting paid MILLIONS...if the coach wants them to practice 7 days a week, then they need to STFU and do it.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Noted, i will try harder next time to add the prefix that makes the thought "presumable"

:rofl:

11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Yeah seriously, for the money they make, there shouldn't be a whole lot of complaining.

A cardiologist might make around $1 million this year while Dewayne Robertson is making $12 million, for example.....

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not really a fan of DRob on the team in it's current configuration, but the hate for him baffles me as well. These are voluntary workouts and they are usually a no-show for players that have either contract disputes or are trying to be traded/released by either the agent or the FO. He plays hard, even if he isn't effective most of the time. He's not a vocal detriment or a cancer in the locker room. People that have a problem with his contract should probably be directing that anger at Bradway and Tannenbaum.

13. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

Good point, I think I have swung to your side. All in all, I just want Coles to stop complaining, I'm just tired of hearing it.

14. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

DRob never came close to living up to #4 talent. While he was serviceable, he definitely fell short of expectations. He is definitely not worth what we are on the blocks for; not even close.

He will be cut by June 1st.

15. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Coles is the heart and soul of this team, anyone that ripped him better go back and watch game film.

Coles is going no where. He's our team leader plain and simple! This is great news indeed!

16. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

We all know he is the heart and soul... Most of us love the guy.

Doesn't change the fact he's a whiny bitch.

Either way, at least he's here.

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

the guy's brain/psyche is scrambled goods because of his childhood.

He still leaves it all on the field and has my respect for that!

18. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

You're right on. The guy has had alot of serious problems in his life, and for the record I believe him when he says he was promised an extension, and I also believe we will see one coming very soon.

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Exactly, it's a shame that he never lived up to his lofty draft status, I'm disappointed by that. The anger from this board is misplaced though, the GM at the time openly admitted to trading up to make a splash, the fact that he traded the farm for a guy with a bad knee is what we should be angry about.

20. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

DRob is never asked to "get in shape", if you guys haven't noticed. This epithet, "DSlob" is a complete misstatement of his percentage of body fat.

DRob has always been given time to rest his bone-on-bone condition because when he goes on the field he's full speed on every play.

Please look at just how many plays he takes off. None.

If you will take note of the last interview with Mike Tannenbaum, he brings up the great conversation he has just had with DRob.

My feeling is that DRob will renegotiate with the NYJ if there is no trade, and he will play the role that the CS allots for him.

The CS and FO of NYJ are trying mightily to make it work better for every player on the DL and the OL, so if DRob is here then he will play better than before.