personal seating license

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jersey Joe 67, Mar 19, 2008.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well just because "everybody" else & I truly doubt that statement are full of hope & optimism does not make them right now does it? Once I assess that the NYJs have real true SB contending team I will become excited & have posted that statement over & over & over again. What is there to get excited about at a team that may not even make the POs & if they do will be immediately ejected from the derby adding another historical mark to the unsuccessful side of the ledger? MHO is you are in total denial of the true facts which is right now we have not won a SB in 39 seasons. Thats right 39 seasons. Woody impressive record in bringing a SB to the NYJs now stands at 0-8 yes 0-8 & counting. Man/Tan record is 0-2 & counting in bringing a championship to us. Tell me why those TRUE facts elate you so since is it not the goal of a sports team to win WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPs not go at this 0-39 in winning WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPs?

2. jcc72

jcc72 New Member

Side Question: Has anyone heard of any tailgating restrictions for 2008? I caught the very end of Carton & Boomer Friday morning talking about drunks ruining it for those who are responsible and it will be interesting to see how the new rules effect tailgaters or something like that????

3. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

No it states on the invoice that "the waitlist will be maintained free of charge for current and future members. Your current position on the Waitlist is xxxx and will be HELD!

So i have no clue whats going on ...all i know is i either get the cash back or can get a Jets GIFT card to use at the Jets Shop....HA.. i think ill take the cash !!!! its a start towards those PSL's. :mad:

4. The Screed

The Screed Member

I'm with you I'l take the money and put it towards buying tickets on ebay this year. Might as well enjoy it while we can.

5. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

Not sure about 2008 but he is what the plan is for 2010

http://www.nynjfootball.com/jets/faq/

Will fans still be able to tailgate in the parking lots?

Tailgating has become a ritual for Jets and Giants fans. Fans will still be able to enjoy traditional tailgating in the parking lots as well as enhanced organized tailgating experiences including new tailgate zones linked to the stadium by pedestrian walkways.

These tailgating zones as well as a plaza that will surround the entire stadium will be filled with fan-centric activities and concessions including merchandise, more food and beverage options, and entertainment. From the biggest and best barbecue you?ll ever see to interactive games that pit you against your favorite NFL players ? there will be something fun for fans of all ages.

6. championjets69

Well at least your management was nice enough to give you the "heads" up most company just close on Friday after all are gone for the weekend & you arrive back on Monday AM the doors are locked shut & that is when you know you are now one of the unemployed

7. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Eeep! You hope they'll "help" us with a financing plan? Let the bursting housing bubble show us the way. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. I can see it now - ARMs and other lopsided plans to help those who truly can't afford to fork out $5k/PSL hang on for a few more seasons as they continue to weaken their personal financial pictures.

Not saying this is the case for you, and I understand such a financing plan may be attractive for some, but the thought of thousands of fans going on PSL payment plans scares me just a little.

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

They have pills for that now, champ.

9. championjets69

I guess you are not really a FB fan otherwise you know that pills will not do the trick for what is required to cure the NYJ Championship woes. Quality ball players is the ticket with quality coaching & then we would have that shot at the brass ring. Until then we are just spinning our wheels in neutral. Hopefully you realize that fact

10. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

The new stadium is supposed to have tailgating zones.My guess very limited first come first serve parking spaces.Its all about the $$$$ Woody wants you to buy his beer his food and pay to tailgate.Imagine packing the cooler with filet mignon and beer and getting there and not being able to cook and drink.

The day of the common man spending a day at a Jets game is soon over.

Corporate suits and yuppies in Dockers and leather jackets will replace the Jets jersey wearing fan.

Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

11. sect105

sect105 New Member

Sect105 to the NY Jets, when they charge the PSL's.

(While Grabbing Crotch)"I got your PSL money right here!"

12. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

Tailgating will still go on as is....
    http://www.nynjfootball.com/jets/faq/

Fans will still be able to enjoy traditional tailgating in the parking lots as well as enhanced organized tailgating experiences including new tailgate zones linked to the stadium by pedestrian walkways.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The other thing is the Giants were going to knock down the current stadium, so the Jets had to do something. It's not like keeping everything status quo was an option, it wasn't.

14. jcc72

jcc72 New Member

Don't forget to add Sushi and Bloody Mary's to the yuppie crowd!!!!

15. championjets69

If the NYGs were going to knock down the Meadowlands which BTW they do not own where were they going to play there home games?

#75 championjets69, Mar 25, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  16. KSJets

KSJets New Member

They were going to build a new stadium first and THEN knock down the old stadium.

17. championjets69

Ah that was the part missing from IS post. Thanks

18. KHBirdman

KHBirdman Banned

There's Plenty Of $$$$$$$

The biggest joke is that they are gonna have 217 luxury boxes for $600,000 each resulting in annual revenue of $130,200,000 alone. Over 10 years, that is 1.3 million which covers the entire cost of the stadium.

The new stadium will have 82,500 seats. You figure the cheapest seat will be $100 by then. Between both teams, there is 20 home games (2 preseason and 8 regular season). So, that is $165,000,000 in minimal annual seat revenue.

There will be 27,500 parking spots which they believe will be filled. At $20 per parking (prepaid) for 20 home games, that is an additional annual revenue of $11,000,000.

So far, from luxury boxes to tickets to parking, there is $306 million dollars.

Also, naming rights will be around $20 million annually rasing the total to $326 million.

There will also be steep prices for luxury seats plus income from consessions and from the NFL's TV contracts.

The NFL also loaned the teams $300 million to help in financing.

Now, if there was a PSL at $5,000 per seat for each team, that is $412,500,000 from each team or $825,000,000. It seems to me that there is a ton of money available without having to stiff the true fans that have supported this team over the years.

19. gfsec201

gfsec201 New Member

There's no way you can argue that the PSLs are a good investment or that buying tickets makes good financial sense. I have my parents seats which they got in the 60s and I'm letting them go this year. I can't even get a broker to pay face including preseason. What makes anyone think the PSLs will significantly increase in value.

20. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

I have two thoughts on PSLs and this website:

1) I can guarantee you there's a Jets employee sitting on this site (maybe even Woody himself) who's job it is to monitor discussion and test the waters for things like PSLs. From all our discussion, we're letting them know just exactly how much is too much to pay. I think we should can the whole discussion, or

2) Someone should start a thread that says, "Woody says no PSLs for Jets fans!". And everyone on this site should reply back that they've heard and read the same thing. Praise the owner for his understanding and loyalty to his fans for their years of investment. Put him the position of really being the bad guy--which he would be for doing this to his fans in a shared f''''g stadium.

Get the word out to your friends in the media and back Woody up against a public relations wall. Mr Moderator, what do you think?