Season ticket waitlist program amendment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Johnnytint, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Johnnytint

Johnnytint Member

Hey just an FYI post. I received a letter from the Jets today and they are refunding the annual $50 fee that i've paid for the last 4 years ($200).

basically the changes listed are

1. the $50/year fee has be eliminated
    2. a refund will be issued for all waitlist fees paid to date
    3. The waitlist is free of charge
    4. your current position is X

then they go on with a bonus if you take a gift card at the Jets shop. in my case thats an extra $50

Checks will be issued on or about June 1st

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's great. I just wonder about the refund. I wonder if there was something illegal about the whole thing to begin with.

3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I got mine too, $150 or a $190 gift card. I took the gift card just for the hell of it.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

giving you a head start on the PSL'S

5. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I cant figure out why this would have anything to do with a psl

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Because we have a bunch of miserable bitches who have been crying PSL horror for almost 5 years now and nothing has happened.

Ask how many of these PSL menstruaters are on the waitlist or actually have tix.

Is there a chance? Maybe.
    But to continually cry about something that doesn't and may never exist to me is just ridiculous.

It's almost as if they're hoping for PSL's so they can bitch some more.

....and for the record, It's only right the JETS are giving you back a little extra since they've been sitting on your money for a few years and collecting intrest.

#6 Royal Tee, Mar 23, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  7. The Screed

The Screed Member

I received the same letter, it is odd that there is no explanation for this. We know their not refunding the moenyout of the goodness of their hearts. I do beleive ths could have something to do with psl's.. The reason being if you have been giving them your 50 bucks everyear and once your number comes up they would have to stick to the initial terms from when you have been paying the waitlist fees. By refunding the fees, they have the right to creat whatever terms they want for new ticketholders.

As far as Royals' comments, I have been buying season tickets from someone else since 1994 and I have been on the wait list since 1992. I hate the idea of a psl, and I agree that this could be a lot of worrying over nothing, but it is a distinct possibility

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I believe you are spot on with your conclusion

9. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

If you have been on the waitlist since 1992 you should have tix by now...I went on the list in 1994 and got tix in 2004

10. The Screed

The Screed Member

not sure, quit honestly I thought 1992 but couldve been 93, but definately not after 1994 I remember filling ot the forms pre-internet and pre-kotite. either way that's odd because I just got lower than 1000 this year

11. The Screed

The Screed Member

Sorry, just checked with my wife I didn't join the wait list until 1996. filled out the forms but never mailed in before that but found it unmailed in my parents basement in 1996 when I was moving out. Wives remember everything

12. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

if you are on the list for say, 10 years, and your get the chance to buy the tickets, are you able to hold out longer for better seats?

13. 20&out

20&out New Member

Season ticket holders get the right to upgrade first and then whats left goes to the wait list so you are almost always getting the worst seats when your number comes up on the list. Waiting longer would not really give you a shot at better seats

14. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

I bet you will get this year than...I was like 1200 when i got mine.

after a 4-12 season there has to be a bunch of people bailing.

15. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

No, they actually tell you when your # is up that all the avaiable tix will be in the upper corner of the endzons. It's really a take it or leave it.

Also, I've try to upgrade for the last 4 years and have gotten the exact form letter back from the Jets telling me there is nothing they can do.

16. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I got on the waiting list...thinking here....maybe in 1998 or 1999. I know it was shortly after I finished my undergrad. But I've been buying seats from a season ticket holder since about 1996 and have been to almost all home games since then.

I got the same letter yesterday. I'm in the 1200s now, which I think is only 200 spots closer than I was last year. My huge drop came when they instituted the $50 fee, and I assume that's the case with most folks who stayed on the list and paid.

I admit I had a similar reaction as some of the folks above. I was happy to see I'm getting $200 back, but the conspiracy theorist in me wondered if this was a way of engendering some good will before the other shoe drops with PSLs and huge ticket prices when the new stadium comes.

Some of this is probably the timing of things, though. Specifically, I woke up yesterday to see a front page story in my New York Times talking about the high likelihood of PSLs, then when I got my mail a couple hours later I saw the news about the refunds. So my feeble yet suspicious mind linked the two.

Who knows. I still look forward to getting seats in my own name, and I do plan to continue to buy from my friend until then. I'd pay a PSL, but wouldn't be happy about it. Also, there's a limit for me since I'm not wealthy. $500/seat? OK. $1000/each? That would hurt a bunch, especially if the ticket prices go much higher. Anything more than that and there's a very good chance I'd walk and buy a huge flat screen and surround sound and a homebrew draft system and just watch from home :)

Truthfully, the thing I'm waiting for most is the new rail link. That's coming in 2009, right? So this year I'll likely bus it and/or drive, then next year train in to the existing stadium, then the next year finally get to enjoy the new stadium (assuming I'm not priced out).

Lastly, I'm happy with the Jets adding a half a ton of lineman. Let's see if this can get Tom Jones going next year! Go Jets!!!

17. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Sweet, I have some extra money now :)

I gotta call home to figure out what my position is right now on the list.

18. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I have been on the list since around 2001 and I am still 6000+ on the list. I only moved 200 in the last 2 years.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Bitch bitch bitch. We are getting PSL's ass wipe and I had seasons since 1981. Yeah, the Jets decided to be nice and give you people back your money... not The Jets decided to make sure everyone stays on the waiting list because they are going to need it once the PSL's are announced and bitches like me a and the other 30,000 people cancel seasons. Hello!!!!!!!!!1

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

My thoughts too.