Private workout For Cherilus

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

We already have that guy.....Bender.

2. Denny

Denny Active Member

Cherilus might get advice from none other than Pete Kendall. Can you imagine? Good thing the private workout was before BC's pro-day. I'm sure he wouldn't of blew his workout but it's just ironic that he wants to be up there.

'Gallup added that it's nice that BC alums such as Pete Kendall and Josh Beekman have reached out to help. Kendall told Gallup he'd like to be on hand to support the players, while Beekman, a fourth-round draft choice of the Bears last year, plans to speak with his former teammates about the Pro Day experience beforehand.'

Link:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2008/03/16/nfl_descends_on_heights/

3. nyj55

nyj55 Member

Exactly, this is another thing i was getting at. We get Gos and we get RT-C-LT locked up for a decade. People are talking about taking a corner in Rd1 in order to have a very young, stud CB tandem for the next 7 years but can you imagine that OL. OL is more of a 5-man unit than it is 5 individuals, to have that chemistry there with 3 young studs maturing together would be amazing for this team

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

And with the tutelage of Faneca for 3 of those year together. That would be huge if we got him in the 2nd.

5. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Faneca and Woody for 3 years.

6. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

now i understand how you think we should move woody to rg and draft a rt like cherilius but, didnt woody get benched at rg and then he was thrown in at rt and did pretty good. Moore is a decent lineman, you dont need all studs. He's relialbe and can be good with Studs around him. I still think though if a good ot that we like is there at 36 we should take him because he could learn behind woody and take over in 2 years.

7. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

I agree I think taking him in the 2nd round and having him work in a RT and maybe moving woody over would be the best thing for the team. I think he will be a great rt in the nfl and three young guys and two vets on an O-line would give us the perfect balance. We can always get a WR there are tons of them a solid RT is too important

8. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Either option is fine by me. I can't really see a downside, start next to Woody or learn behind him, win-win situation.

The Oline works as a unit, if one sucks it goes down the line, see Clarke and Clement from last year. Detroits Oline blows monkey balls, it says something that Woody was able to stand out at all. Plus having the option of playing Woody at RG or RT is a good thing.

The more I think about it, the better it seems.

9. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

Get him at RT and when the inevitable injury to one of our linemen come up, shift woody to the injured position and put him in at RT. That's really what should happen.

And I hate the skill position talk on this board. Coles and Cotch are definitely good enough as we saw in '06 if you have a decent o-line. Jones is underrated so we don't need a RB and there's no sure-fire QB, so we shouldn't take one in the first round and Flacco will be long gone by the time we pick in the second. I'd be sorely disappointed if the Jets took a QB,RB or WR in the first or second rounds. DL/LB,OL and DB are our needs and we need depth at those positions, not in skill positions.

10. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

Patriots proved that an offensive line full of lunch pail guys can be a dangerous thing when facing a big time defense playing at its best (Giants). The more talent we can amass on the line, the better.

11. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

With a name like Cherilius, he may be a virgin.

12. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

The more I see and hear from GC, the more I like him.
    Interesting video, talks about himself, Matt Ryan and what football means to him.
    He does have a bit of a stutter, but he loosens up once the INT gets going.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIjiM_ZAN_Y[/YOUTUBE]

14. Denny

Denny Active Member

^ I love that last line. Loosely transcripted- 'If it's within the whistle and I have a chance to punish a guy I do it. That's football.' I love humble big guys.

#54 Denny, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

That bought a smile to me as well.

16. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I really hope we find a way to draft this kid. He is going to be a great player.

17. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

We might have to trade up to nab Cherilius if we like him that much. But, if we stay where we are, I still think Hardy from Indiana would be perfect in the 2nd. The skill position players are good on this team are good, yeah, but we all know the story behind Coles: injuries, getting older, hates the hard camps, wants more than the 11$ mill he's guaranteed over the next 2 seasons. He needs a wake-up call. There are more talented guys coming out every year and his 6 foot frame has taken a beating.

18. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Well, then, it's time to start a drug rumor then, isn't it?