what about a qb @6

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jersey Joe 67, Mar 10, 2008.

1. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

No QB is worth the pick.

I'm still hoping the Jets grab McFadden, trade LW or TJ for future draft picks maybe somewhere in the second round for TJ and pick a WR or QB. I don't see the Jets taking any QB at #6.

2. Fatboy

Fatboy New Member

You gave me a link?

Am I blind as a ref cuz I can't see the damn thing.

3. Fatboy

Fatboy New Member

Ah...I can't even view that link till my post count hits 10. This is 8.

4. Fatboy

Fatboy New Member

10th post, now I'll view the link, Mr Pro

5. Fatboy

Fatboy New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nope.

Re-read what I wrote. Our analysis of Johnson is differs. Plus, I don't think O'Connell is an Anderson clone. :rofl:

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

trade leon washington? your kidding, right?

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Flacco won't last to the second round. Jets should trade down to the mid to late first to justify the pick just too keep some of the "reach" criticism off of there backs. 2-3 years later it will look like a brilliant move.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Your going to put 1st round money into a guy when we have to deal with the investments of our 2nd rnd Clemens and our 1st rnd vet Pennington... Plus, lets add a 3rd hat into the QB circus we have- thus creating the biggest TC distraction of all time, crippling any chemistry with the offense... if we were Tampa Bay- the 1st ranked defense- we could chance this. But when you are 26th, you gotta make due with what you have.

9. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Winstonbiggs said: Quote: "...To even contimplate starting Pennington in year 3 after drafting Clemens if that's for real means that there is huge doubt about Clemens by Tannenbaum. It might not be the case at all they may well renegiotate, trade, cut Pennington or keep him as a backup? I actual believe if Pennington is on the roster he will start which means Clemens is toast as the future starter for this team..."

I actually believe that Chad and Kellen get along extremely well. Each of them support the other fully, even though they are competing for the same job. Both of them have tried to address this paradox so that the media and us fans could understand it.

As a result, I think that this open competition is the best thing for both QBs -- Kellen gets the benefit of all Chad sees and says about his performance, and Chad gets the chance that he wants to earn the starting role.

Whoever the CS decides is the starting QB, the NYJ are the big winners. Chad has a sympathetic situation to try to win within, he knows the team, he knows the offense, and they are all pulling for him.

Kellen has the same benefits as Chad, plus he has the addition that Chad brings as a mentor.

I think the CS is being very smart: They want to get the very best out of both competitors. They want to end up with a QB who is vetted by in-team intelligence (knows and executes all the plays in the offense) and trial-by-fire in a lot of different situations.

The rest of the team won't have to wait on a newbie to make all his mistakes while he is trying to learn the system, and trying to learn how to play in the NFL for the first time.

The NYJ offense is not appropriate for a rookie to try to learn-on-the-fly.

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

What we have doesn't cut it though. I know I know, give Kellen a chance.

The Jets are in a tough spot right now at the QB position in that if Clemens doesn't work out, there at least 2 more seasons away from solid QB play. There were no good FA QB's available this offseason and from what I've seen there won't be any next season either. Chad will be another year older and possibly not even on the roster. What then?

Coles is a year older, maybe gone and that creates a pretty big hole on the roster. Jones is older and will probably need to be replaced. Ellis could be on his way out as well. I'd rather the FO snag the guy they like now and fill one of the previously mentioned positions through the draft in the later rounds or pick a 'stud' early next offseason.

Flacco would be a gamble just like Clemens. I guess I'm just putting my money on Flacco to be the one to have the better NFL career. With reports indicating that the Jets seem pretty interested in him, they may be thinking about betting the same way.

11. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

Matt Ryan is the most overrated QB prospect to come out in some time. He's lacking arm strength and physical skills. Hey, maybe he's the next Chad Pennington?

lol!

12. KleckoisGod

KleckoisGod New Member

I actually think Ryan is OK, but we have other needs.