We need Ryan and Dorsey to go in the top 5

Discussion in 'Draft' started by gsulli5861, Mar 12, 2008.

1. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

I'm pretty confident Dorsey will go in the top 5. I don't believe the injury thing.Dorsey is tremendously productive. Rams, Falcons and Raiders very strong possibility. Ryan, I'm not sure about. I heaed Jaws rave about him today. Jake Long will never get past KC. If Dorsey, Ryan and J. Long are in the top 5 then C. Long, Gholston, or McFadden becomes a Jet. I good with any of the 3.

2. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I don't want Gholston or Mcfadden. The only two guys I really want are Long or Long. Gholston is going to be a bust and Mcfadden is not an every down back.

3. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Why would you want Jake Long?

Anyway both Longs will be gone, Jake won't get by the Chiefs and Chris won't get by the Rams, let alone the Raiders.

As for Gholston being a bust, sure it's possible, there are no sure things in the draft, but he is very athletic, he is fast enough to play the LB spot, and he was very productive in college, I'm not sure what you're seeing that would lead you to believe he will be a bust

4. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I don't see any way the Falcons can pass on Ryan...they don't even have Harrington or Leftwich on the roster anymore.

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I both agree and disagree with your statement about Gholston. I think if he is selected by us at #6 overall, he will be a "bust" he will be very D-rob like in my eyes, he will be an above average starter in the league, but he wont light the world on fire, and be the next Shawne Merriman/ Demarcus Ware, and everyone on here will label him as a bust. They have done it to D-rob, and many are allready doing it to D'brick. Neither are going to ever be the best at their position, and thats exactly what Jetsv fans expected when they were drafted, so now that they are just above average guys who work their ass off, they are a bust even though so far D'brick is the best OT from his class (Mcneil is close behind but his huge sophmore slump hurts him here in my eyes) and D-rob is above and beyond the second best DT from his class (behind only Ty Warren) and that's while he was playing out of position the whole time.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Actually...Atlanta signed Harrington again. Matt Ryan should be the Falcons choice though.

7. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Miami has been totally void of QB talent for over a decade now. That stated, I think there is a strong possibility that Miami will be drafting QB Matt Ryan #1 overall. If not however, Miami will draft either V. Gholston / C. Long. Ryan wont fall past Atlanta....

IN TUNA WE TRUST!!

8. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Raiders with the possible signing of Kevin Carter(temporary solution at DE) I don't see the Raiders go DT early. I think Raiders will go for the best pass rushing DE or the best olineman that fits there system. 1. chris Long 2 is Probably between gholston and One of the tackles.

9. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

LT is just as important of a position if you ask me, and they don't have one of those either. I could see them taking Jake Long, but yeah, they will probably take Ryan.

10. bamajetsfan

bamajetsfan New Member

What do you consider an "every down" back? Did you watch him play?

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I think Atlanta resigned Harrington because they can't be sure Miami won't take Ryan. I've said befor I also think if Ryan is there at #3 they may trade down with the Jets if the guy the Jets want is still on the board. Neither Oakland or KC will take Ryan and they could still get him at #6 with at least one more pick to boot.

#11 Don, Mar 13, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2008