lets pick Mcfadden

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSJETS, Mar 8, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm with you 100%... i've been trying to tell everyone he isn't worth the # 6 money and the big runs are blinding everyone from the truth of his talents.

2. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

3. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

Yea Gholston or McKelvin would be great- Big time playmakers who fill positions of need

McFadden doesnt fill a position of need and isnt a "Mangini guy". Its as simple as that- I dont see us taking him.

4. Force

Force New Member

Why is everyone under the impression that just because Adrian Peterson turned out great that Mcfadden is a sure fire FHOF. Adrian Peterson is bigger and stronger than McFadden could ever hope to be. Adrian is built from head to toe, where as McFadden's body closley resembles a snow cone. Peterson is also the anti-McFadden when it comes to character issues. It also helps that Peterson runs behind arguably the best run blocking offensive line in the league. McFadden is a star or bust type of player. He's either going to be great or he's going to be horrible. Either way if anybody expects to just plug McFadden in and get a near 2,000 yard season your dreaming.

5. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Let's not pick McFadden, let's pick BPA because that's what the whole free agency period just set up.

6. ANJI

ANJI New Member

We need a Mcfadden, I guess it's trendy to say we don't. Thomas jones is an average runningback and washington is a scat back, I don't see how that is a reason not to take him.

Mcfadden returned punts and took snaps in the shotgun...... Long snaps, not handoffs. 15 fumbles isn't really that bad IMO, anytime this guy muffed a punt it went down as a fumble. Plus that is some that can be fixed.

15 kids, 12 bar fights, I don't even know what really happened. It keeps going up and up though. That appears to be trendy to do this when talking about this kid. Who cares, sounds like a UM guy to me. "Manigini guys" Jenkins and Fanceca would agree. LOL

I think Mcfadden would be a damn good pick.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Trendy?

I pride myself in not doing what is "trendy" in this world.. everyone goes right- i go left and flip off the sheep who went right because the others did... i don't like McFadden because i've seen him and said "no, not on the team i root for"

A muffed punt is a fumble and is a chance for the opposing team to essentially kick themselves across the field... not on my team-- NCAA plays 12 games, he fumbles 15 times, thats carelessness.
    Whats a UM guy? and dont confuse the unhappiness of Jenkins and Faneca, All-Pro's who's former FO's pissed them off (Remember Kendall? even though he wasnt an all pro) for this kid's extreme shortcomings to be bypassed and still draft him.

Stop giving him the benefit of the doubt... scouts won't and neither will I.

8. flgreen

flgreen New Member

My Brother.

We clearly disagree on the value of McFadden in this coming draft.

You are mistaken. I have seen McFadden play several times. I understand why people like him. When he is in the right offense, and he gets into the open field against much slower players, his big time speed burns them.

I understand.

I also understand he won't do that in the NFL. There are ALOT of fast players.

You think McFadden is going to be the next "Sweetness"

I think he is going to be a 'BUST"

That's cool. We are going to cross swords on many threads over the next 6 weeks.

Want you to know it surly isn't personal between me and you. OK?

With that said lets talk about your name sake. # 28

Curtis is going to be a first ballot hall of famer. He should be. I've been a Jets fan since they were the Titans. Martin is the best RB they have ever had.

Was he an explosive runner? Nope

Did he have a great YPC average? Nope

Was he a great power runner at the goal line? nope

Why the hell is he a first ballot hall of famer?

Glad you asked

He was Mr. consistent.

He put up what? Ten straight 1,000 yard seasons?

When Parcells sold the farm to NE to bring Martin in, the Jets had a 1,1000 yard runner. Adrian Murrell (sp) Some body in the press asked Parcells "why would you pay that kind of ransom for a running back, when you have a 1,000 yard rusher"

Parcells answered "I don't give a shit how many yards a guys got, tell me when he gets them"

Truer words were never spoken.

In all the years Martin was a Jet he put he ball on the ground 17 times. Ten happened in two years when he was injured and still playing.

The real reason Martin was so great was, The Dude just didn't turn the ball over. Running games are all about ball control. Time management. Long drives that end in points.

Keeps the ball away from high powered offenses, and puts points on the board.

If a RB rushes for 150 yards and puts the ball on the ground 2 times, the team probably lost.

The guy you are proposing as the next great NFL RB, put the ball on the ground 15 times in one season. 15 Times.

Martin put the ball on the ground 17 times for all the years he was with the Jets

It is not true that that is an easy problem to fix. A few players have over come it. Tiki comes to mind. But it is a very few.

The main reason RB's bust out of the NFL is because they drop the football.

There are several other off field reason to not draft McFadden, but for right now.

I think the guy is going to be a bust in the NFL

9. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Jones has 3 years left with this team at the absolute most. If he's their, take McFadden. He's the one guy who's name has been making headlines every other game since he was a freshman, and that's the truth. These "off-field issues" are not enough to doubt that he wouldn't help our team. He's a star and we could use one.

10. Phear

Phear New Member

yes thomas jones has 3 years left, and right now our most pressing need is a play making wr or a cb, jones will do great behind this ol we have now, mcfadden is over rated, forget the off the field issues, how about the fact that he is an outside rusher and cant pound the ball up the middle unless he has a very hude hole, he gets hit by college size athletes he falls and fumbles 15 times, imagine nfl athletes.....hes not going to be adrian peterson, thats wishful thinking, 1100 yards with a horrible line and no passing game to speak of...thats what jones did, he'll break 1500 easily this coming season and if the jets can trade out and get a play making wr in the draft it'll make it that much easier for jones to run.

11. Phear

Phear New Member

pacman jones has been making headlines for 3 years we wouldnt want him on our team :)

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Stop with the fumbles. Tiki Barber use to fumble too. He just needs to be taught, as Barber did, on how to carry the ball. Where did you see the 15 fumbles anyway? This seems to say he had none.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=170928

#52 Don, Mar 9, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  13. J_E_T_SJIM

J_E_T_SJIM New Member

Two Words Blair Thomas

14. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

Thank you. 'nuff said.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

What exactly does Blair Thomas have to do with the 2008 NFL draft?

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

The only thing the Jets should be using McFadden for is trade bait to get out of that #6 spot.....the Running Back talent pool in the upcoming draft is too deep to justify the Jets taking McFadden.

And All this bullshit about taking him just to feed headlines, and having a so-called star..yada yada yada.....how about we fix the positions that need fixing....CB, WR.

I'm praying the Cowboys are stupid enough to cough up their 2 first rounders...and we use them on Talib and Hardy or some other CB/WR combo......to me, there's more value for the Jets in trading out.

17. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

I agree with what most of what you said except wide receiver- I dont consider the position to be an area in "need" of fixing- It would be nice to upgrade with some speed and height but its not a need- A pass rushing OLB, A starting caliber CB and some depth at DL and OL I would consider to be more of a need than WR. I think we'll be fine this season with Coles, Cotchery, Stuckey, Washington- We can upgrade the wide receivers next off-season. You cant fix everything this offseason. Lets take care of the holes on defense and add some depth to the offensive line. This will be enough to allow us to take the division.

18. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Dude: they're called paragraphs. Do you have any idea how much internet paper you just wasted? :grin:

Seriously though, good post. Dependency and reliability are what make a sound NFL running back. Tiki Barber had, what, three seasons without a significant fumbling problem? It's a difficult habit to overcome.

With that said, I really think you're showing symptoms of CWS. "Curtis Withdrawal Syndrome." I've been there; we've all been there. It's a disease that affects hundreds and hundreds of Jets fans, leading them to believe that any running back we get will be insufficient. Get well soon. :wink:

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I agree with some of your points as well....however, in regards to our current WR situation.....you must be assuming that Coles won't be an offseason problem in your assertion. Unless he checks his ego at the door real soon and gets with the program...he could end up being traded on draft day....

The reason i included Wideout in my previous post is because I don't believe Coles will be a Jet by the time TC rolls around. I love Coles' grit, production, and his ability to play hurt....but let's not fool ourselves. He's obviously unhappy...the FO is concerned about his high risk regarding his concussion history...the WR talent pool is deep in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the upcoming draft....and he's getting up there in age as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if Coles is packaged with Pennington on draft day...and sent to the Vikes or Chiefs.....that's total speculation....but i'll be honest with you, I'd like to see it happen. Pennington is too expensive to keep around as a backup.

20. J_E_T_SJIM

J_E_T_SJIM New Member

He (Blair Thomas) was the last can't miss prospect the Jets drafted and If you are old enough to remember he was a bust