lets pick Mcfadden

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSJETS, Mar 8, 2008.

1. billo83

billo83 Member

You still haven't addressed his fumbling problem. 15 in one season is a lot especially at the college level.

I'm not for or against taking him, but the fumbling concerns me quite a bit.

2. islesfan

islesfan New Member

Neither did the Saints when they drafted Reggie Bush.

The Jets are desperate for play makers on offense. That's as big of a need as any. McFadden has a chance to fill that need.

3. islesfan

islesfan New Member

As for the fumbling problem, that's what the CS is there for. Tiki Barber had a fumbling problem and then made a simple adjustment to carry the ball higher when he ran. Problem solved. I wouldn't not take McFadden because of a very fixable concern.

4. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

That is not a reason to not pick him. It's a problem that is very easily corrected with proper coaching. If McFadden is there, it's a no-brainer to take him.

5. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

This is my favorite. Listen, there is one very simple rule in drafting. You take the best player available regardless of need. Obviously, here is a little wiggle room, but that is the rule to follow. When you draft for need, you reach.

Just because we have three names on the roster that have RB next to them doesn't mean we shouldn't take Mcfadden. He is head and shoulder above all the other runningbacks this team has. He makes the team instantly better barring injury. Also, of all the positions in football, RB is the one that has the most immedate impact on th eteam. A RB can come right out of college and have impact on the team. QBs, OL, and especially WRs usually need time to develop. RBs usually don't.

6. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

We are not gonna have this problem he's going to the raiders

7. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Do we really want to follow the Saints lead? Bush is overrated. He's averaging 3.7 yards a carry. This guy was supposed to be the next Barry Sanders.

I would've taken Mario Williams.

8. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

There's no room for McFadden on this team. He just an overpriced, overrated back. We traded last year for Thomas Jones who should flourish behind this line. And don't forget abotu Leon Washington, if he gets 15+ carries a game I can see him dominating behind this line.

9. J_E_T_SJIM

J_E_T_SJIM New Member

The Pro scouts say he goes down to easy on contact,and he needs big holes to run through. I would rather se them take Malcolm Kelly or a corner.

10. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

There is always room for a stud RB on a team, Rob. You have to look past the fact that Thomas Jones wears a Jets uniform. McFadden has the potential to be a true impact player. Jones, as much as I like him, isn't. I'm not saying he sucks, but Mcfadden can be a better player right out of the gate. I know you'll disagree, but fortunately, the guys running the team subscribe to my philosophy on drafting.

Repeat after me: Best Player Available. Best Player Available. Who knows, maybe the BPA won't be McFadden.

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Tony, you arent the only one who has said something stupid like this, so dont take it to heart, you just happen to have been the last one to have said it in this thread. How the hell do you know that the Jets are subscribing to your BPA philosophy? do you have inside info of the jets draft day plans? So lets just say for shits and Giggles, Mcfadden is there at 6, the Jets don't move down because they either don't want to or cant, and they pass DMC, does that make them idiots? If they are subscribing to "your" philosophy, clearly they have decided Mcfadden is not the BPA. so clearly i'm fairly tired of this idiotic statement being said on the boards 300 times a day and most frequently in Mcfadden threads.

I have been against Mcfadden from before Mayock came out with his statement that he isnt the best Rb in the draft. I do not think he is a responsible person that you want to invest #6 overall pick money into, he is not a character/mangini guy, he fumbles 15 times in a season, who gives a damn how many times he carried it Martin? I doubt he touted the rock 1,000 times this past year, if he has ok he can have a pass, but i dont believe he did... In the NFL workhorse backs can expect 300+ carries in a season and say they carry 400 carries for 3 seasons, thats 1,200 carries and I can bet that no RB in the NFL had 15 fumbles over that span who was truly a "great one" or even a good one, hell find me a service-able back that had 15 fumble over 3 years, and i bet he was out of a job very quickly. So my opinion is say no to Run-DMC...

12. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

McFadden is the best talent in the draft, but he has kids with four different mothers and he drives a car like this. New York City will fuck him up.

Edit: too noobish to post links. Copy+paste:
    blogs.smarter.com/sports/tag/Arkansas-Football

13. genghis45

genghis45 New Member

It sure would make our first round exciting.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

here we go with not a responsible person again.

50 wayne chrebets will not win football games no matter how much everyone wants to believe it.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its seems to me that the ratio on this board is like 20:1 against DMC... the fans have spoken.

16. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Oh geez, that would be ridiculous and absolutely ruin the draft for them.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

How does taking Malcom Kelly or a talented CB like DRC or McKelvin or Talib ruin the rest of the draft?

So if we dont pick the right guy at 6, the other picks automatically suck and are busts too?
    I Didnt know it worked that way.... shit... in that case, whatever we do....... don't draft McFadden.

18. Phear

Phear New Member

i've been pointing out mcfadden not holding on to the football for a while now, if gholsten is gone by #6 and long isnt there, trade out, mcfadden will be a waste of a high pick, the cowboys want him they can have him, take there two 1st rounders and a 3rd if we can get it. need a big wide out, hardy would be good.

19. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Ki jana carter part 2.

20. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico New Member

thomas jones is a fucking beast who deserves a chance with this o-line. i can see him having a career year. why not fix other positions of need? plus gholston is a much better prospect considering his enormous athletic abilities.