Wr

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by york61, Mar 8, 2008.

1. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

With the Coles situation unresolved we don't have a legitimate #1 WR. I like Cotchery but he is not a number 1. Outside of Desean Jackson I don't see any real speed burners with size out there. This is going to be difficult for the Jets to fill considering I don't think Jackson will be around in the second round.
    Fastest times:
    Dexter Jackson:(Appalachian St.)- 4.27
    DeSean Jackson: (Cal)- 4.31
    Andre Caldwell: (Florida)- 4.31
    William Franklin:(Missouri) - 4.32
    Donnie Avery: (Houston) - 4.40

Above are the fastest WR times in the combine. It is not a great crop of WRs in this draft and it will be interesting what the jets do to try to improve this position. Clearly we have issues at this position.

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

most of those guys arent even top 5 ranked in their class. Desean Jackson doesnt even have size either. the guy is avg height at 6 ft (which i heard is in question) and weighs 178. he weighed even less in college someone obviously told him to bulk up.

id rather have sweed or devin thomas than any of those guys. thats just me though.

the draft is deep but its such a need i expect it to be addressed within the first 4 rounds (since we dont have a 3rd)

3. MAJORPAYNE

MAJORPAYNE New Member

Larry Fitzgerald?

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Just because some guys aren't running a 4.4 flat, doesnt mean they wont be great #1's in the league. also I seriously doubt you will get legit #1 production out of any of those guys listed. I think caldwell, Franklin and Avery will be solid #3's or #4's. Both Jackson's have a chance to be good to great #2's, I think there are only 2-3 guys in the draft with potential to be legit #1's in the league, Limas Sweed and James Hardy are the two I really think have the potential to be superstars.

5. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

The only thing the speed #'s tells us is that if these guys need to run away from the cops or a paternity test they are in pretty good shape....

If a speed WR is what the Jets need they should being back Jonathan Carter. Boy that kid could run!!. Could he run a PASS PATTERN?...NO!

A physical Wr with "some speed" has the "shiftyness" - if there is such a word - to rackup the YAC, but can most importantly run a pass route are the classifications of a #1 WR. Personally I don't see any 1st round WR's in this years draft..

I like Devon Thomas of Michigan State. He reminds me Cotchery alot and with Coles health concerns and age, he could fit right in to OCles role in the future.
    Limas Sweed - I'd pass. I question his physical toughness
    DeSean Jackson - Possibly, but if Stuckey is healthy - Stuckey would fill the roll that Jackson would take on the offesne. Though Jackson would add to the special teams.
    James Hardy - Even in his interviews he mentioned his lack of "knowledge on blocking and ruinning precise routes". With he admitting his faults - although admirable - it brings too many questions. I he was there in Rd 4 I'd give him a shot, but personally I doubt he will be there..

I don;t see a #1 WR out there in the draft. A bunch of #2's and #3's

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Johnny Lam Jones!!!

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Haha...he followed Bob Hayes so everybody expected the same out of him.

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I really like Devin Thomas from Michigan State. 6'2 216 4.39 40. I hope we get that guy. Wouldn't mind Hardy either.

9. flgreen

flgreen New Member

That's who i want. Trade # 6 and Coles for him.

If it is going to happen it better happen fast, Or he will be an Eagle

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

interesting thought #6 and coles for larry fitzgerald, in what ive seen and it hasnt been that much i dont know if i am that impressed with him. however he is a great talent. this could be an interesting discussion almost worthy of its own thread. i would love to hear some opinions on the positives and negatives of this.

11. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

im pretty sure desean jackson is 5'9 160

that is a small ass dude, atleast steve smith is like altmost 190lbs

12. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico New Member

yeah, we need a big endzone threat, as long as he can catch. we cant keep settling for fg's everytime we get in the fucking redzone.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What are you saying here?

Where did Jones follow Hayes?

Hayes attended Florida A&M and played in the NFL from 1965-75.

Jones attended Texas and played in the NFL from 1980-84.

14. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

I would and i love LC.

15. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Try trading Coles for Chad Johnson straight up. Johnson's been having a bunch of problems in Cincy. He swung at Marvin Lewis.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

sorry this is the last guy i want on this team
    Chad Johnson-WR-Bengals Mar. 7 - 3:31 pm et

Ex-Bengal and current Brown Shaun Smith confirmed to the Cleveland media that Chad Johnson took a swing at head coach Marvin Lewis and WRs coach Hue Jackson at halftime of the Bengals' 2006 Wild Card game.

"He swung on Marvin," Smith revealed. "(Johnson) shattered the training room glass. He swung on Marvin (and) hit Marvin in the eye. Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson." Smith's press conference was previously available on YouTube, but the video has since been removed.
    Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

but getting larry fitzgerald would be awesome

17. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't give up our 6th pick for Fitzgerald though. Maybe our 2nd round pick.

Chad Johnson plays hard. I'd love to have him on the team.

18. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

If you want to know about Limus Sweed -- just take a look at the career of Roy Williams. Is he worth it?

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

If I recall, I believe Larry is due 32 million over the next two years, or some insane number. He will not give that up, so whoever takes him, takes that contract. Just a guess on my part.

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Roy Williams just needs a good QB, he is pretty damn good. Better than any of our receivers.