McFadden interviews with ESPN

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NDmick, Mar 7, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Talked on ESPN, typical BS- play my best whoever drafts me i'll play for-- COMPARED HIMSELF TO PETERSON, ugh.... Did say he is a cowboys fan and hinted about playing there but i dont think the trade is going to happen... talks about the nightclub incident...

The kid is talented, but he sounds retarded- reminds me of Desmond Howard when speaking, and Howard is not an articulate guy and was total bust. Howard was taken 4th overall, but if i was the Skins GM back then i wouldn't have touched Howard based on interview alone-- which may happen with this kid... he just sounds unintelligible. And its not his accent.

2. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

yea i heard him give a speech at the walter camp clinic....RETARD lol...he cant speak normal english....its not even ebonics lol....its just really funny...i was laughing throughout his whole speech....but would i want him on this team

HELL YES:up:

3. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

I think there were similar concerns with Vince Young being retarded, not sure what can be said about his career up till now- I guess pretty good considering hes been surrounded with absolute shit

4. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

yea hes not the best passer in the world but hes still a heck of a talent...a little bit more polished mike vick without the character issues

5. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

You gotta have some brains to go to Arkansas.

6. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

yeah man, top defense in the league and 2 stud running backs= absolute shit

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Do you have any idea what college's do for their star athletes? its not even fair.. Believe me, if you can play anything well - they let you in and they pass you.

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Who cares what he sounds like that's a gay reason not to want to draft someone but I don't know to much about this guy except heez one hell of a Rb, should be interesting to see how his career goes. Best of luck.

9. GreenMachine

Thanks Bill Clinton.:lol:

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so many twangs of racism and ignorance on this board sometimes. at least that has become my take on so many the posters here in the past 6 months. like someones ability for public speaking makes them a better person or smarter. and we can only have top notch quality guys and they all have to be smart.

its almost like nobody here has any issues and is the smartest person in the world, who also never ever in their life made a bad decision or got into any trouble.

11. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

A red flag is a red flag. Think of all the top RB's the last few years, Barry Sanders,Curtis Martin, Priest Holmes,Marshall Faulk,Terrell Davis, Peterson, Ladanian, even Reggie Bush. They all come across as bright guys,responsible guys. The closest you get to Dmac are guys who are talented, but journeymen like Travis Henry. We all have problems, but his isn't his intelligence, it's his decision making. Now give a bad decision maker 35 mill. and drop him in NYC and what happens? 4 kids and 3 bar fights at the age of 20? That high profile of a guy? Why do you think he was on the NFL network and ESPN today? Teams are scratching his name off their boards.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He talks exactly like a lot of black males in the South. The way he talks is probably normal in Arkansas.

13. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

You remember the game where he rushed for 300 yards? His coach was praising him for about 15 minutes to the cameras before he called McFadden over.

Reporter (paraphrasing): Darren, why do you think you were able to have so much success with the running game tonight?

McFadden: "I GA DAT WOOD! I GA DAT WOOD!!"

Hilarious. Was Darren laying claim to the Heisman? Was he confessing an inappropriate erection? Was he exhausted and just mumbling gibberish? Who knows!!! Bottom line is it was entertaining as HELL!

Plus, I don't think eloquence necessarily equals intelligence. This man could have some kind of brilliant, pseudo-autistic, John Nash view of the world. Maybe "I ga dat wood!" was some kind of ingenious energy conservation program he just came up with as an afterthought.

14. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I thought it was a reference to fathering four illegitimate children.

15. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

Not if you are the best High School RB in the state.....

16. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

Having the ability to articulate coherent thoughts to other people using verbal skills does indeed make you more intelligent that someone who can not do that. It does not make you a better person but it sure as hell makes you smarter.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you're a racist! (because obviously only black males speak unintelligibly -- every white male in the US can speak perfect English -- thus your assertion is clearly aimed at calling black males unintelligent).

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

the guy doesnt have to be a poet laureate. he needs to score td's. long as this kid has football smarts the rest is pretty irrelevant.

but i do hate listening to people who sound retarded. havent heard him speak since his freshman year but more importantly we should be talking about how hes kanye west's illegitamate brother.

19. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

i know what a southern accent is....this is not it...he has the accent but he doesn't speak English...i bet none of you have heard a speech from him in public...i have at the walter camp clinic...and i swear he was not making sense lol.....hes a great football player...hes probably a good kid besides some stupid incidents in his life...its just no one ever taught him to speak English lol....ever hear rashard mendenhall..he sounds like a distinguished man....dmac may be better but he doesn't come off as the intellectual type

20. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Shit, I hope we get him. I'm not saying he's not intelligent, but football smarts is all that matters here, right?