More from Cimini.........Draft Stuff

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen88, Mar 5, 2008.

1. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Right on. The Giants proved that you can never have enough pass rushers. This team for all I care can be all pass rush as long as we knock Brady on his ass consistently.

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I would love to steal Limas Sweed in the middle of round 1. and I also would love to get an 09 first rounder out of it as well, but I just dont see who would want to give us that kind of a deal. nobody really is beggingly desparate for a topflight RB this year.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

How about Jesse Chatman + Vernon Gholston OR Darren McFadden?

Is that one less of a no-brainer?

4. I see what you're getting at.

the problem is..I think oakland takes Gholston over DMAC. They re-signed Fargas, and have moved Kelly inside(which seems to point to taking gholston to play DE. Keep in mind, Gholston is just as much of a physical speciman as DMAC is(Paging Al davis)

5. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Nobody will want the pick. No NFL team has traded into the top 10 in the last two years. The reason is that teams do not want to take a risk on a rookie and have to pay the big bucks top picks demand these days. A bust can kill a salary cap and set a team back. Take a look at the Sporting News that came out today and there is an article about how top draft picks are now a curse and not a benefit because of the huge contracts that have to be paid unknown commodities. Teams would rather have picks later in the round. The Jets will not be able to trade out of the 6th pick.

6. 73klecko

73klecko Member

McFadden is not coming to the Jets. Didn't everybody say last year we were taking Greg Olson. Good one.

7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks the Jets are set at linebacker with Barton, Kassel and a lazy BT is just whistling Dixie.

8. lightning

lightning Active Member

There was no way to tell we were going to trade away 60% of our draft to move up twice. But saying that i'm glad we did.

9. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

What kind of comparison is that? Mcfadden is the number one talent in the draft. Comparing him with a TE, who was no given to begin with? That's the most awful comparison I've read in a while.

10. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

I got 2 words to for those who want Joe Flacco:

Giovanni Carmazzi

11. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

Will Woody allow Tangini to trade down if McFadden is available? A star RB would be popular with the PSL-buyers.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Carmazzi was like barely 6'2 and his accuracy was a big question coming out of Hofstra. He was never considered a I-A talent.

He only put up big numbers because he played in a short passing offense...just like Colt Brennan. He's actually a lot like Colt Brennan. They are both shorter guys that can get outside of the pocket and run when needed.

Joe Flacco WAS a I-A talent that transferred to Delaware. They are completely different players.

13. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

he did get picked ahead of Tom Brady...oh boy the the Niners F'ed that up.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I really don't get the idea about Woody wanting a superstar to put asses in the seats. There's a freaking 10-year waiting list of potential season ticket holders to rely on.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If Drew Bledsoe wasn't hurt...Tom Brady most likely wouldn't even be in this league anymore.

16. islesfan

islesfan New Member

Damn Mo Lewis.

17. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

He's a flat out superstar...I have no idea why people are against him. He was the best RB is the SEC for the past 3 years...not to shabby of a conference if you ask me.

I would take him in a heartbeat....he's a playmaker...and that is what the jets have been lacking for years

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The Jets could use a playmaker in the defense more than they could use it in the offense.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...no way. We have NO playmakers on offense. Don't spit out some Leon Washington bullshit. The guy can't carry the load. He occassionally breaks a big play on a screen pass -- and that's good to have, but he's strictly a third-down back and kick returner.

I'm pretty sure that Coles is a woman, so he doesn't count as a playmaker. Cotchery is a solid option as a wideout, but he isn't a game breaking receiver, he's more of a possession guy. Behind these two wideouts, we have absolutely no one. Brad Smith may develop into a good receiver, but we still need some speed, size, and depth at receiver. Chris Baker is a solid tight end, but not a playmaker. Jesus, we have to bring in someone that can score with every touch like Darren McFadden, or be a big time threat in the redzone like James Hardy. Our defense can be good enough to keep us in games, but our offense will have to put up points for us to come away with a win.

On the other hand, our defense has David Harris, Darrelle Revis, Kerry Rhodes, and Big Money Calvin Pace. They all have the ability to make big time plays for the new and improved Jets' defense.

20. hookteeth

hookteeth Member

If DMAC is there when we draft that would be fine, If we don't want him there will be alot of teams that do. But I think we should draft him if he's there, look at Minn. with there two back system. We could move leon to kick/punt ret. perminantly. Also use him alot on passing downs in the slot. Then if we don't draft DMAC, I say trade picks with Det. plus williams and we still win cause we get the wr we so baldly need. Then draft a cb with that pick.