rochester d&c bills shill

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mr nyjet, Mar 6, 2008.

1. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

http://php.democratandchronicle.com/blog/sportsx/

Do you have something you want to get off your chest regarding sports? Here's your chance to scream about the bad call, applaud a good call, wonder aloud about draft picks. It works best when you join the discussion.
    Post a comment
    Submitted by bob matthews on Thursday, March 6th at 5:48 PM
    Jets, Jets Jets
    No human being could possibly "shill" for a team more than you do for the Jets. And I'm sure you take that as a compliment.
    Respond
    Submitted by mr nyjet on Thursday, March 6th at 6:35 PM
    i'm sure your column is just as popular in hamilton, ontario as it is here, and you will take that as a compliment.
    this city was not founded, nor does it exist as a money/people farm for buffalo. what part of the fact that buffalo is not a major-league city do you not understand?
    and , once again , any bettor would rather go to the racetrack and hit the quinella once than go 4 times and come home with empty pockets.
    and, yes, besides business, math, and logic, i also took two journalism courses in college taught by dorothy livadas, so your opinion of your objectivity is not shared by others.
    by your logic "our" major-league baseball team must be the blue jays only because it's the closest.

i just tell it like it is. he takes shots at the jets every chance he gets for the past 37 years. now, he also shills for buffalo's hockey team. meanwhile, local teams suffer as the shills urge business and people to support buffalo's teams. i have had enough! :mad::bills_suck:

2. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

3. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

After living in Rochester for 19 years and having a daily subscription to the rag known as the "d&c," I appreciate you sticking up to Bob Matthews. I personally think the man is mentally retarded.

4. mr nyjet

i'm not sure many of the other posters here appreciate what it's like to have to read his pro-bills , anti-jets drivel for as long as we had to.

it's worse than the pro-giants slant in nyc. at least the jets aren't given the constant short-shrift every day.

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I guess I'm a little confused - why would you expect a columnist at a newspaper in Rochester to have anything good to say about the Jets?

6. mr nyjet

the guys in buffalo's paper say more good things about the jets than this guy.

his column reads like ralph wilson signs his paycheck.

fact, buffalo is not a major-league city. if not for rochester, they wouldn't have a team. same for hockey- if hamilton got an nhl team, the sabres would disapear overnight.:shit:

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sounds like Cannitardio when Herm was in town.

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Okay, but I still don't see what you're so worked up about. Every newspaper assumes that their readers are fans of the team that is most local - they would be insane to do anything else. Of course Rochester contributes to the fact that Buffalo has a team - that's the entire point of why a Rochester newspaper would cover the Bills and Sabres. I don't see why your apparent hatred of all things Buffalo is any more reasonable that this guy's hatred of the Jets.

9. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I believe mr. nyjet is referring to how this guy constantly writes something negative about the Jets, while never being critical of the Bills. It's more than a hometown bias, its rather fanatical.

10. I-STILL-HATE-KOTITE

I-STILL-HATE-KOTITE New Member

He is a bonified idiot. Being a Jet fan is not the reason why I hate his column. I just can?t believe that he is able to retain a column for so long and not have the ability to write as a seasoned reporter. What school of journalism did he graduate from? That school must be very proud. My son?s elementary school newspaper has a wittier, more insightful columnist than this fat bastard.

On another note, Tannenbaum will pull the trigger to get McFadden in the draft. He tried to move up to two when Reggie Bush dropped the night before the draft. This has been documented. I hope he doesn?t trade up to secure a place to pick him with Atlanta.

11. I-STILL-HATE-KOTITE

He is a bonified idiot. Being a Jet fan is not the reason why I hate his column. I just can’t believe that he is able to retain a column for so long and not have the ability to write as a seasoned reporter. What school of journalism did he graduate from? That school must be very proud. My son’s elementary school newspaper has a wittier, insightful columnist than this fat bastard.

On another note, Tannenbaum will pull the trigger to get McFadden in the draft. He tried to move up to two when Reggie Bush dropped the night before the draft. This has been documented. I hope he doesn’t trade up to secure a place to pick him with Atlanta.

12. I-STILL-HATE-KOTITE

He is a bonified idiot. Being a Jet fan is not the reason why I hate his column. I just can?t believe that he is able to retain a column for so long and not have the ability to write as a seasoned reporter. What school of journalism did he graduate from? That school must be very proud. My son?s elementary school newspaper has a wittier, more insightful columnist than this fat bastard.

On another note, Tannenbaum will pull the trigger to get McFadden in the draft. He tried to move up to two when Reggie Bush dropped the night before the draft. This has been documented. I hope he doesn?t trade up to secure a place to pick him with Atlanta.

13. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Who's the "bonified" idiot now?

14. I-STILL-HATE-KOTITE

I hear you!! LOL

Hey.....I am working my way up to ten post, cut me some slack

15. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

MR MY JET,
    Youre the man.
    I just wrote to his blog:

Selig Argument
    Flip Flop Bob,
    Why did you write this email to me back in April of 07From: "Matthews, Bob [mailto:bmatthews@rocheste.gannett.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 10:19 AM
    To: bmcgahan@buffalo.edu
    Subject: RE: Sports Column - Bonds
    Blame the players' union. Not Selig. Bonds broke the law. Not Selig. Bonds cheated. Not Selig. Aaron didn't cheat. It seem pretty plain to me. I am NOT a Giants fan so I can be unbiased." and then follow it up with an article blaming Selig for his ignorance once the Mitchell report came out? Pick a story and stick to it.

I have been calling and writing to Bob for years arguing with him and I feel as though he's easily made the fool. I'm all for exposing him as the fraud he is. Let's do this!

16. MeanJoeGreen

MeanJoeGreen New Member

I Live in Rochester and the Jets are not really all that respected by Bob matthews. But, dont worry, as soon as the "Buffalo" Bills become the "Toronto" Bills it will be a whole new conversation.

17. mr nyjet

i saw that.congrats to you also.

he used to lift info right out of the ny post and put it in his column, without citing the sources. then , both larry merchant and paul zimmerman put items in thier column about someone who was lifting info without giving them credit. they mentioned the word plagerism and legal action, and very shortly thereafter, matthews started, for the first time, disclosing which person and which paper some of his ' observations ' were gathered from.:rofl2:

#17 mr nyjet, Mar 8, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  18. NYJVilma51MVP

NYJVilma51MVP New Member

You really know nothing about Buffalo, do you? The Bills have a huge following, and it isn't all in Rochester... The city of Buffalo is shrinking, but they still have huge support in western New York and Canada. And wow at your comment about the sabres. They are probably one of the highest supported teams in the NHL. You can't just move a team. Tom Galisano wouldn't move the team for the hell of it. He pretty much sells out every single team.