Never Satisfied!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyj4ever, Mar 4, 2008.

1. nyj4ever

nyj4ever New Member

OK...so all this trade and FA signing talk got me thinking...

No matter what the FO does, half of the jets fans will be in heaven, and the other half will hate every move! We as JETS fans are never satsified, and always want better....

THIS YEAR...(SO FAR)...WE HAVE GOTTEN BETTER! Better effort from Tangini! Better players to fit the systems! Better feeling about the future! Better O-Line! Better overall! Yeah maybe it cost us some players that many of us like (Vilma), but the simple fact is, the team is better (at least on paper) now than we were all of last season.

AT LEAST THE FO IS NOT SITTING AROUND DOING NOTHING! In a previous post on the site, someone said that "maybe the Giants winning the Super Bowl has something to do with this..." MAYBE IT DOES! Maybe Woody Johnson and Tangini are tired of being laughed at, so making NO MOVES!

IT HAS YET TO BE SEEN IF THESE MOVES WORK OUT.....but if they dont, at least the team went out fighting, and made a huge effort to improve, unlike the last couple of seasons, when we did nothing in FA, traded away too many picks for too few players. Finally we might have players who are in GREEN AND WHITE to play, not just to collect a paycheck and think, "we can draft someone to replace me next year!"

GIVE IT UP TO THE FRONT OFFICE! AT LEAST TO THIS POINT, THEY HAVE MADE HUGE MOVES TO IMPROVE THE ABILITY, QUALITY AND MORALE OF THE TEAM AND THE FAN BASE!

2. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

It's pretty much impossible to please everyone, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's no guarantee that this will work or that it will fail, so there'll always be a voice on either side of the argument. The only thing that 100% of a fan base of any team will unconditionally celebrate is a championship.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

They've spent alot of money for sure. I hope all these moves work out since it appears that the Faneca & Pace signings are the only ones that doesn't require some transition to a different playing position.

If they don't work out, heads should roll..

4. McFadden5Jets

McFadden5Jets New Member

satisfied? 40 years and 0 titles to show for it, drafting busts after busts and wow they finally go on spending spree and overpay everyone and now u want us to be satisfied get real homer

5. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

How does a losing team bring in talent without overpaying?

And do you stop posting here after we don't draft DMC?

6. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I for one am more than happy that we have made such decisive moves in FA - we'll just have to see who we can get in the draft now!

7. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

I question whether the complainers and worriers really are serious Jets fans. Were making moves to win the AFC East division next year. THeres some risk involved, but so what. Would you rather we played it safe and wait for the free agent class of 2010 before we spend money?

8. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

We overpayed for a guard who might have a year or two left, A De/Lb who was playing for a contract last year and was invisible the rest and a O-lineman who was benched on the Lions. We will have to wait and see how this pans out!

9. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

The coaching staff has done what we all wanted. Taking a page from Parcells old play book we have mortgaged the future to win now! I have no problem with this what so ever. I do think that we always have the right to be unsatisfied until we can call our Jets Champions of the football world. I?m sure there are underperforming player on the team seeing all these new guy's knocking down the doors with all their money and they feel under appreciated or underpaid lending to I?m sure problems down the road for them in terms of contract negotiations (Have we sign Kerry Rhodes to a new contract yet?).Hopefully this will light some fires under the butts of the underperforming and overpaid!
    It will be a pleasant change from the Year to Year thinking the worst to either be proved wrong or proved right depending on the play

10. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

True, It's just aggrevation for years now with this team. Let's just hope that we have some wins next year. To me the draft is overrated, it depends what happens on the field.

11. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Free Agent Moves

I hate to throw cold water on everything but...

I seem to remember that, right before the Jets went 1-15 under Kotite they signed some big-name free agents for their offensive line, made some other splashy moves... and... with Keyshawn Johnson taken with the first pick a lot of prognosticators had the J-E-T-S going to the Super Bowl.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad the Jets are doing something. I'm just not ready to jump up and down for joy. The Jets still have a lot of holes, and an unsettled QB situation.

12. Jetman36

Jetman36 New Member

We also don't have Rich Kotite as our head coach, lets not go overboard here...

13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

The Jets have never had an offseason like this. It's always signing that depth Linebacker who will be a Special Teamer at best.

Now they come out blazing, and yes they're overpaying, no doubt. But whatever, it's a change and could it be any worse than what has happened in this horrible past?

The Jets are better today than they were last week...I like the movement of this team.

14. McFadden5Jets

McFadden5Jets New Member

Faneca = 2 years left tops, overpaid for him also
    Jenkins = Not only traded 3rd and 5th but overpaid also
    Pace = biggest joke 22 mill guaranteed he played for contract 1 good year
    Woody = 11 mill guaranteed for a guy who got benched by one of worst oline teams in nfl

a 2 year old could have made these signings

shoulda got michael turner

15. superbowl 69

superbowl 69 New Member

Hey Mcmadden what would you have done, besides talking shit who would you have targeted. Do you have any other suggestion in f/a or the draft lets hear what u got

16. superbowl 69

superbowl 69 New Member

sorry I also forgot you wanted turner instead of line help, brilliant

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I have to agree with some of the people in this thread that are not satisfied. I'm excited by the action we have seen so far, but I have been excited about Jets moves before and they have failed. I will be satisfied somewhat when these moves result in wins.

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

that may very well depend on improving the qb situation.

chad scares nobody- it will either be clemens or another guy they bring in.

19. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

That's pretty much where I'm at with things, these days. All these last few days did was salve a festering frustration with this team. If none of it works out, I certainly can't criticize the Jets for being cheap (although, that was never really my thing).

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

A 2 year old could also form better sentences for you, and probably would not have chosen a screen name for a player that isn't on the Jets and probably never will be.