Yahoo, How are the Jets not mentioned as FA winners

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Matty Jets, Mar 3, 2008.

1. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

The Miami QB is still a lemon!!

2. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

For those who care, Clayton mentioned on Mike & Mike this morning that he turned in the column prior to some of the Jets signings. And, if he were writing this morning, he would have the Jets as a winner.

Woo-freakin-hoo...John Clayton said we were a winner in getting players to sign pieces of paper in street clothes...I don't know about you, but I'm stoked!

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The scary thing is this clown could be right! The Steelers tend to get rid of players a year to early as opposed to a year to late.

4. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

That would be true, if the Steelers weren't also trying to sign him. They just didn't want to pay him what he was asking because they knew they were going to have Big Ben sign that huge contract.

Even though the line underachieved last year in Pitt, I have heard no one attribute that to Faneca in any way shape or form. In fact Ben, the one who directly feels the repercussions of bad Oline play, made a plea to the front office to re-sign Faneca.

So no rashinmypants088 is not right, he's a moron. Don't feed the troll's ego.

5. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I really believe Faneca will give us at least two good more years. It's the other signings that scare me.

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

bwahahaha. i can just see Raj's face getting red, holding his breath, ears steaming, spit flying while he reads those numbers.

it's funny when the new people respond to Raj without knowing that he's basically a really stupid version of Debbie Downer.

it's kind of like when i first joined the board and would argue with Champ while all you vets knew to just embrace his pessimism as comedy. not me though, i'd go at him. and then i found myself on his spreadsheet.

7. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Chris Mortensen said on the radio that he talked a few people who said Faneca's play didn't decline at all. They said he is still amongst the best guards in the league.

8. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I am a proud member of the SLW club also. I want someone to make an "SLW Club" graphic so I can put it in my sig, lol.:up:

9. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Who, like Jenkins? Who was the BEST 3-4 NT option available. A past probowler who didn't get along with his past FO and wasn't motivated. I don't think that will be the case here.

Woody? One of the things that was hurting us on the Oline was depth, and putting in guys like Wade Smith when a starter got hurt. He is projected to be the starting RT, but if not, he is excellent depth able to play 3 positions. Hell even if the FO drafts a RT in the 2nd round, it is still a good signing for depth reasons.

Pace? Well, that he has the biggest question mark. But there is a reason Parcells was making such a push for the guy. 3-4 OLB/DE are hard to come by. And in the 3-4 defense you can't have enough quality LBs.

Add on top of that the draft, and hiring of Callahan for the Oline/running game, Jets fans should be excited, not scared. Well maybe cautiously excited.

I love what the FO is doing. Other than Faneca, bringing in younger/in their prime players to fill need positions. And having vets like Faneca to mentor the young players and rooks. All the while keeping their own talent, re-signing/extending players like Cotchery, Thomas, Pouha, and working on Rhodes. Getting rid of problems (players that don't fit) like DRob, and getting value with Vilma and Abraham. All the while building the core of the team through the draft.

They are trying to win now, all the while planning for the future. For the first time in a long time, we have a creative, young, forward thinking, competent FO. I know it is difficult being Jets fans and all, but stop with all the pessimism and get excited!

10. Greenjet74

Greenjet74 New Member

We are always overlooked. Does not surprise me at all.

11. GreenMachine

Sorry for the obscure bump, but ray...Herm really misses you...LOL

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Tanny was 4/4. Good job Mike.

Nice prediction Kreskin.

13. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

With Favre it's 5/5.