Yahoo, How are the Jets not mentioned as FA winners

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Matty Jets, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

To be honest, I'd rather be a regular season and playoff winner than an off season winner.

3. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Madieu Williams and Bernard Berrian make the Vikings bigger winners than the Jets, who filled all their positions of need in a matter of 3 days? And why is everyone calling the Browns winners despite the fact that they have no picks until round 5 in one of the deepest drafts in years? Whatever, let them speculate about the winners and losers of FA now, all I care about is who actually become winners on the field this season.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I really don't care what these sportswriters think about winners and losers in FA, as long as our moves work. Signing 2 starters on the O-line and bringing in 2 starters for the defensive front 7, a pass-rusher and a NT... that will result in wins. We may not be effective right out of the gate because of obvious cohesion issues but we addressed 4 of our biggest needs in less than a week.

The proof will be in the pudding, like it is every year, and this guy's opinion on who won out in FA so far will mean as much as preseaason power rankings... which is not at all.

5. Kramer

Kramer Member

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

what he said.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

fuck those guys...

we've never been appreciated as a team, lets just show it on the field

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

9. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

10. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

More like the crypt keeper

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi7XtBv94pE[/YOUTUBE]

11. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Don't be hatin' on Clayton! He actually used to be a starting center with the Bears. He WILL eat your soul if he hears you've been talking smack.

Honestly, the weekend was orgasmic for me. Faneca and Jenkins are two of the best signings in Jet history.

I'm iffy on the Pace signing, though. Seems like a Bryan Thomas clone.

And I'm downright against the Woody signing. If he had work ethic issues in Detroit, where does that put him with the Jets?

Of course, I'm just a fan. I trust Mikey Christmas Tree. He knows what he's doing.

GO JETS!

12. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Fuck all those douchebags... Im gonna laugh when the Browns and there Big Interception throwing QB win less then 10 games.

13. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Because when they wrote these pieces, the Jets only signed Faneca. Jenkins was a trade, so not part of free agency.

14. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

Jetskins... Woody is now following Dan Snyder's business model.

1. Jenkins.... How quickly those who drink Mangini's Kool Aid forget the past. Here's his history, a clubhouse malcontent who Carolina was glad to get rid of. In the past four seasons he has started fewer games due to injury than... John Abraham of all people. Lets see. A clubhouse malcontent with a history of serious and repeated injuries to his back is suddenly exactly what Jet fans have been pining for all along and the Jets overpay him.

2. Alan Faneca. The Pittsburgh Steelers know how to play the cap. They always shed themselves of aging on the decline players who other teams are willing to vastly overpay for. Remember All Pro Kendrell Bell and All Pro Joey Porter. What did they do after the Steelers let them go. The Jets have forgotton their own history of signing aging formerly great Steeler players such as the late lamented Kimo Von Oelhoffen not to mention another Steeler signed savior in a great free agent splurge under Rich Kotite, Neil O'Donnell.

3. CalvinPace. Six sacks last year, in his John Abraham contract-like year, prior to being an invisible sack artist in his previous three seasons with the Cardinals.

4. Damion Woody. An All Pro lineman with the Patriots who deteriorated with the Lions. He ws so bad he was only inserted as a starter for the last five games of the Lions past seasons.

We have two amateurs running the Jets and Woody is so desperate for the Jets to compete with the Super Bowl Giants before they move into what will be known as the 'new' Giants Stadium he has allowed them to look over the Sporting News top free agent lists and allowed them to sign these players at any cost.

They are no closer to the Patriots then they were a year ago and the Bills and Dolphins are catching up to them.

#14 rajensen088, Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

lets face it, nobody likes, or respects the jets. we are not only second class citizens in our own stadium, but around the league, too. let's just win some fu$in games, and make everybody notice us!!!

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Maybe you should be GM.

17. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

Wow. I dont think I have ever agreed with a post more.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Man, I really miss your pea-brained posts. Welcome back, Bobby.

19. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

well everyone likes to attend the partiots kiss ass ceremony so no one ever likes the jets so basically everyone likes to ignore us or hate, plus pace is the same thing as thomas so I dont know why everyone is like we overpaid...but then last year they were all like Thomas is a great player. wtf they are basically the same guy

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

"Instead of overpaying for an over-30 offensive lineman such as Alan Faneca or Flozell Adams, the Dolphins mined the under-30 market with guys such as Randy Starks, Ernest Wilford and Reggie Torbor. "