2009 Draft Looks NICE!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JCotchrocket, Feb 29, 2008.

1. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

The Jonathan Vilma trade won't pay off immediately. The conditional pick counts toward 2009. But if I know JV, he'll play his ass off and net us a second rounder. (It's cool that JV is a Saint, after he starred in that PSA where he was fixing holes in New Orleans homes).

And don't forget- we have a fourth rounder in 2009 from the Pete Kendall trade. I think it's entirely likely that we'll trade Chad Pennington and some dead weight players in the next year and get even richer.

This is how quality franchises are run. Don't just blow your load on one season- set up a five year plan. It's the reason the Patriots went 16-0 last season and are picking one spot behind us.

Good work, Christmas Tree!

2. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

For whatever reason, i do think JV will look better in a Saints uni than a lions jersey. And although Nawlins has its share of problems, I think I'd rather live/play there than in Deetroit.

So, I hope it works out for him, and that the jets make good use of the pick they will receive.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

building towards the future, will make us good for the long run. unfortunetly we're always looking for instant gratification.it seems like wee've actually got a FO, that has a plan. interesting change of events

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Now I have a reason to buy a Saints jersey! Always wanted one, but never liked anyone on that team... until now!

5. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

It is like playing pool you always have to thinking about your next shot. And I think we are focusing on rebuilding for multiplie years and we have lined up next years draft very well. Hopefully we are building an empire and me going to the superbowl isn't too far away anymore.

6. k311

k311 Member

wooo so we traded a pro bowler for a 2nd round pick

7. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

2009 NFL Draft from what it looks like doesnt seem heavy upfront but may have decent enough depth.

#7 BakerMaker, Feb 29, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

You can look at it that way...

Or I can say we traded a 3rd and 5th rounder for a guy who fits our scheme, and we traded a guy who doesn't fit our scheme and has been incredibly mediocre for 2 seasons for a 2nd round pick.

9. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

We traded away two picks in 2008, and we'll receive two in 2009. We're not exactly stockpiling draft picks like NE....I agree the FO is using them to either get rid of or bring in who we want.

#9 Matty Jets, Feb 29, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  10. NYJNYRNYM

NYJNYRNYM New Member

I think ESPN news just said that the Vilma deal is for a 4th rounder in 2009 that can become a 3rd rounder depending on his play. So I don't think we can land a 2nd rounder in 2009 in this Vilma deal