What is a Conditional Pick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JCotchrocket, Feb 29, 2008.

1. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I know that it's a different round based on playing time, but does anyone know more about it? Could it potentially turn into a first round pick? I'm happy to see JV go to a contender, and I will definitely LOVE to watch the Saints play next year, but I was a little disappointed we didn't get ANYTHING to help us in the 2008 campaign.

Oh well. I guess we're building a franchise.

On a side note, everybody who has complained about the Panthers "raping us" in the Jenkins trade is crazy. A third and a fifth? Anthony Schlegel and Jason Pociask? We got one of the best DT's in football, people! I'd trade a third and a fifth for the anchor to our defense ANY DAY.

2. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

As of now, what is being reported is Saints give us a conditional 4th round pick. Based on what ever goals/incentives Vilma meets next season will determine if we get a better pick.

3. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I'll take it. We'll probably get a third back for Robertson. We would have had to use our #2 to get a starter for NT. This sets us up to take Gholston.

4. Tumer

Tumer New Member

Hmmm...so it's like a 1st round pick, only it's on Day Two. Great!

5. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

No one knows if it's a 4th round pick, and if it is, it can change depending on Vilma's play.

6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

It won't be worse then a 4th. Obviously, It would have been nice to get a 3rd, even a 2nd rounder, but depending on Vilma's play, we may get a 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder.

It's really not as bad as it sounds at all. Better to get value, then see him walk for nothing next season.

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

We didnt get raped a 3rd and a 5th isnt a big deal we got a big NT to fit our Defense finally.

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

a 4th is total bullshit, we're getting fucked in this one. He's worth way more than that, better yet, we should use him next year and actually get somethign out of it.

9. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

You can't be serious.

Would someone actually take the time to understand what a conditional pick is before they just start posting like a mental case? Unbelievable.

Besides that, we don't even know if it is a conditional pick yet, it's all speculation.

10. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

To me, it's an investment. We know that Vilma will be working his ass off for a new contract if the Saints don't give him one this summer like it's being reported.

I know the type of player Jon is and he's definately going to be a baller next season. No doubt in my mind, either.

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yes, and hopefully it has a high ceiling based on performance. None of us know the details but if a 4th rd pick is on the table, with only the condition to move up a rd or so, then I'd prefer on taking the change with keeping to see how performs, a year later in this system, surrounded by improved talent

12. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah things are becoming extremely juvenile on this board...I think I am gonna take a couple of days off from posting.

13. Bleedingreennc

It's a safe trade for both parties!