Jenkins to the jets for a 3rd and 5th rounder

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RAGINGVILMA, Feb 29, 2008.

1. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

Kris Jenkins is a 360 pound freakin beast. and he ain't no fat 360 lbs..He is an athletic 360 pounds which isn't something you see...ever. Everyone on this board all season talked about we need a big NT..If KJ was in the draft today where would he go..If Sedric Eliis is a first rounder??..KJ is one big nasty Mf'er with good work ethic..Worth a 3rd and 5th..hell yes!

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

You do realise that since the third round has been moved to day 2 we're still unlikely to have more than 2 picks on day 1?

3. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

At the time it was a little frustrating, but looking back, I'm very happy we got two future All-Pro caliber players instead of 4/5 guys who vary from "good" to "bust", or anywhere in between.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

i predict someone will bash Tannenbaum tmrw for giving the 5th rounder in this trade :rofl2::rofl2:

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

True. It was all the more frustrating that the Pats had so many picks as well.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

a 3rd and 5th rd pick is a bit expensive especially when we could only get a conditional pick for Vilma.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Well, Jenkins is a healthier, more proven player than Vilma. And who even knows what the conditions are for Vilma's pick? What if we get a 1st rounder if he makes the Pro Bowl?

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

i like it. in the draft you get speculation, that a players going to excel in the nfl. we got a proven guy. one of the best at his position, i might add.i think we need proven players on this team. he's a nice veteran who will defiatly help us. man, we're never happy!

9. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Not really. The Jets needed a 3-4 DT/NT and they are not easy to come by. So what 3-4 tackles are there in the draft?

Plus we don't know what the conditional picks are for Vilma. It could be a 1st which drops to a 2nd or 3rd if conditions aren't met. We have to wait and see.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

No doubt we need some beef up front, I'm happy we got him(if it's official) but we did give up alot to get him.

11. Tumer

Tumer New Member

I am *thrilled* about this trade. The value was relatively high but doesn't mean scratch knowing that we've finally been able to fill the biggest hole in this friggin defense since Jason Ferguson fled to Dallas. The D is pretty damn stout up the middle with Jenkins, Harris and Rhodes. Pouha had a pretty good first full season and could be a solid backup NT. Now if we can get some pass rushers flying in from the OLB positions, we're talking about building something real nice around here.

I said last year that DRob should be tried out at DE, however at the $11M price tag, i'd seriously consider dealing him if we could net 2nd round value or a 3rd round plus.

12. MCHECK62

MCHECK62 New Member

Stopping the run is fundamental. Does Jamal Williams actually have to have a "motor" or can he just stand in there? This is a solid player IF IF IF he can fit the 34 system. He played in a 43 in Carolina. This fits the mold more than D-Rob who won't be back unless he restructures and moves to end. Pouha is nothing more than a backup or a "rotation guy" now. Good trade.

As for J-Vil, I wish him good luck in New Orleans. It's disappointing to me that we got a conditional pick. But this is what happens with injured players. Maybe the Lions backed off because they didn't like something with the physical. Let's cross our fingers. Hope Vilma shoots the moon because he isn't going to a hostile team and it will maximize returns in 2009.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

We need a big man in the middle, Jenkins is that man.

Why not move Robertson to DE?

14. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

GET HIM. If this staff didnt realize the problems last year they need to go then. Get the man to fix one of the problems.

15. AlToon

AlToon Member

The Jets couldn't stand pat.Robertson and Vilma don't fit the system.It's tough to see Vilma but that's the NFL.

16. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

I'm fine with this as long as he becomes our elite 3-4 NT that has yet to exist in the Magini era. I truly hopes he pans out in that regard. It's not like he's too old either at 28. Should still have plenty of solid years in him. I trust them that they know what they are doing.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets got Jenkins? BING BONG HELLO!!! Stop complaining. He is awesome! For only a 3rd and 5th? Jets D just got stronger.

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Jenkins is one tough S.O.B. he should solve our problem at the Nose , Good Trade by Tangini. Lets keep this goin.

19. akibud

akibud Active Member

very accurate assessment of this situation..

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Carolina Panthers Message Board

Jets 3rd and 5th for Jenkins

eww

man this sucks now we get 2 special teamers for a pro bowl DT way to go hurney you know ur ass cant draft good anyways

Jesus f*cking Christ. The Raiders just set the cost of DT at a ridiculously high level, and we trade off an excellent one for two picks that aren't even high enough to find an immediate starter. Great job, front office. There goes your solid record so far in the offseason.

Now, let's look for a DT that's going to cost us more than what we were paying a Pro Bowler.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NCguy2184
    man this sucks now we get to speacial teamers for a pro bowl DT way to go hurney you know ur ass cant draft good anyways

We drafted Jenkins in the 3rd.

Kemo better start eating more cause theres a HUGE hole in our dline

Quote:
    Originally Posted by XClown1986
    We drafted Jenkins in the 3rd.

Jenkins was a second rounder.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solorca
    Jesus f*cking Christ. The Raiders just set the cost of DT at a ridiculously high level, and we trade off an excellent one for two picks that aren't even high enough to find an immediate starter. Great job, front office. There goes your solid record so far in the offseason.

Now, let's look for a DT that's going to cost us more than what we were paying a Pro Bowler.

what it looks like to me is that he was gone either way, and he went to the highest bidder. Truth be told we are lucky we got the 5th thrown in with it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GipeTTo
    Kemo better start eating more cause theres a HUGE hole in our dline

But he was upset that the team tried to trade him last year! He had to go.

I hate this move so much.

Quote:

My mistake

Quote:

That and he was also drafted when we had solid drafts.

Who need a pro bowl DT anyway

Browns gave a 2. round pick for Williams and we get a third and a 5. for Jenkins? Sad.

Quote:
    what it looks like to me is that he was gone either way, and he went to the highest bidder. Truth be told we are lucky we got the 5th thrown in with it.

That's the problem. There is no reason that he should have been gone. He was the best player on our defensive line, and there was no reason to trade him. Apologize to him and make him happy.

Now, we're stuck looking for a DT in a market that has just set the price ridiculously high. Our line just went from being bad to being terrible.
    Yes!!! Does Attiyah Ellison have a brother? Cause that's probably who we'll take and then cut. Or maybe Rashad Butler!

HURNEY YOU DUMB f*ckING PIECE OF SHIT! I can't believe what a f*cking moron you are. You could've at least got a live body back that can make the roster. A 3rd and 5th? Were you returning the favor for last years draft day trade? Dumb f*ck. This was just stupid. This officially f*cked up my offseason.

Quote:

That's what I think, too--the only real solace is that we got two draft picks for him.

It's looking like they should've just taken a second rounder for him last year, but, hindsight doesn't mean much a year later.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klumme
    Who need a pro bowl DT anyway

Browns gave a 2. round pick for Williams and we get a third and a 5. for Jenkins? Sad.

Exactly. no excuse... this pisses me off to the 10th power. Who the F is Corey Williams? He demanded a 2nd and all we got was a 3rd and 5th for a former All-Pro? Hurney is f*cking up and working his way to being fired after the season after this one stupid ass move.

Hey, but the good news is that we saved on the million dollar roster bonus!

What's that? A good defensive tackle is going to cost us at least 7-8 million a year now?

man..... this sucks!

Quote:
    That's the problem. There is no reason that he should have been gone. He was the best player on our defensive line, and there was no reason to trade him. Apologize to him and make him happy.

Now, we're stuck looking for a DT in a market that has just set the price ridiculously high. Our line just went from being bad to being terrible.

The sky isn't falling yet, we now have a 1st, 2nd and 2 3rds. The DT class is deep as hell this year. Plus Free Agency just began. Lets see what they have planned.

Okay let's simmer down for a second and do some thinking. By getting rid of Jenkins, we've cleared some MAJOR and I mean MAJOR cap space. We have Damione Lewis and Kemo who I believe is more than capable to take his place. We've gotten rid of 4 or so guaranteed offsides per game, and we've gotten rid of a player that always seemed to give the FO and the fans pause each offseason.

Jenkins is a great player true, but I don't think picking up a 3rd and 5th round pick especially in this year's draft loaded with all sorts of offensive talent as well as some solid defensive options is such a bad thing.

One more thing, Jenkins is going to the Jets. The Jets are trying to move towards the 3-4 defense, I DOUBT they are going to have the type of success we've had with Jenkins. I simply hope we pick up some good players with the money this move has saved us.

In the long run, this will turn out to be a steal. mark my words.

Quote:
    The sky isn't falling yet, we now have a 1st, 2nd and 2 3rds. The DT class is deep as hell this year. Plus Free Agency just began. Lets see what they have planned.

Well, we just traded a Pro Bowler. In my mind, that's a bad move...period.

We now are looking at a line with Kemo and Damione Lewis as the starters, with either a draft pick or free agent pickup behind them. Unless it's a first rounder, we probably wont get the starter...and due to the price that Oakland has set, we probably can't afford a starter in free agency (or if we do, it will be at the cost of another area of the team). Basically, this move made our line even worse than it already was.

f*ck!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1789Cardiac Cats9055
    Okay let's simmer down for a second and do some thinking. By getting rid of Jenkins, we've cleared some MAJOR and I mean MAJOR cap space. We have Damione Lewis and Kemo who I believe is more than capable to take his place. We've gotten rid of 4 or so guaranteed offsides per game, and we've gotten rid of a player that always seemed to give the FO and the fans pause each offseason.

Jenkins is a great player true, but I don't think picking up a 3rd and 5th round pick especially in this year's draft loaded with all sorts of offensive talent as well as some solid defensive options is such a bad thing.

One more thing, Jenkins is going to the Jets. The Jets are trying to move towards the 3-4 defense, I DOUBT they are going to have the type of success we've had with Jenkins. I simply hope we pick up some good players with the money this move has saved us.

In the long run, this will turn out to be a steal. mark my words.

Unless we cleared enough to pay someone about 7-8 million a year (at least), it's a bad move. The Raiders ruined everything when it comes to defensive tackles. They signed someone who most people have never heard of to the richest DT contract in history. Prices are going WAY UP now.

Quote:
    Unless we cleared enough to pay someone about 7-8 million a year (at least), it's a bad move. The Raiders ruined everything when it comes to defensive tackles. They signed someone who most people have never heard of to the richest DT contract in history. Prices are going WAY UP now.

It's true, we could have cashed in huge for a trade for Jenks somewhere. Either no one was offering anything at all or the FO screwed up...

I see these damn trades, ridiculous Fox/Hurney 3 & 5!! Better have something up your sleeves. Uhh...