Saints acquire LB Vilma from Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Feb 29, 2008.

1. southwestjet

southwestjet New Member

"then go be a saints fan then...you must not have watched the games since 2005...vilma was lost in this defence.."

Because the defense should have never been changed, but that's for another thread....

2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

it's cool...this is going to work out for the both of them..vilma wanted outa here anyway..i dont think him and mangini got along

3. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

It sure looks like its what you said.

4. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

This sux, but it had to be done.

Thanks and Good Luck, Jon.

5. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

One other factor - Vilma's contract is expiring and there's no word of a new deal with the Saints. It's almost a rental - the price cannot be that high. I'd be stunned if the conditional pick maxed out at a first and surprised if it went as high as a second.

6. southwestjet

southwestjet New Member

"It sure looks like its what you said.
    "

Umm... o.k.? Are you trying to troll? Look kid, my times limited. What time I do spend on here is to find out about the Jets. Now if perhaps during that time I went off and said some off the wall things, then fine. For you to take the time to put that HTML underline code and BOLD things out, tells me otherwise that you do not have a life. Now, go study your books at UCF, or where ever you go to, and go nick pick somewhere else, because like I said, I'm done.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

It only takes like 5 seconds to quote a post and bold/underline it. :rofl:

Btw, see that laughing guy? Took less than 2 seconds to type.

8. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

:lol:Yes, I've been trolling the jets forum going on 5 years, PRAISING the team. I don't know a damn thing about HTML, i just know how to highlight a sentence and hit the "B" button for Bold, and "U" button for underline. You're on the same message board as me, at the same time, how much of a life do you really have? I'm at work.

I don't understand the mudslinging. I read what you wrote, and responded to how it was written.

9. southwestjet

southwestjet New Member

Damn, so that's how you do it huh? :wink:

And I'm getting ready to go to work, westcoast time over here and I shouldn't have been drinking. :drunk:

Anyways, you could have flung mud back, you really didn't. You were a smart ass, I guess I can respect that.

Good night.

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Suckers.

I got off tommorow.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

general feeling is that the trade was good? bad? or fair?

I think it was just a fair trade...if there is a prospect of landing a 1st round pick then i take this gamble...but if we could have gotten a 2nd round pick directly from some team then i will be pissed

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Hope you're not driving then :wink:

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Obviously any numbers are being plucked out of the air at the moment , but I can't see NO willing to risk losing a #1 pick albeit probably a low one.
    When you take into account that Vilma could have walked (hobbled) next year for nothing, and hes coming off surgery , a 3 or higher I would say is good.

14. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Really? Do you think MT was sitting there with an offer of a 2nd and decided he'd rather take the conditional pick just to keep things interesting? :rofl2:

15. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Southwest, I meant no harm. I'm a jackass by nature.

Thankfully I'm off work in just under 3 hours.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

It will depend on Vilmas play to see what we get.

Well, imagine that the saints have the 16th overall pick next year and Vilma wins comeback player of the year and goes to the pro bowl. Do we not deserve that pick? i think we do, then we trade either up or down and we continue to build through the draft.

or, Vlima can't get through training camp and is hurt all year, in that case we probably get a 5-7th rounder for him. But you know what- why have his dead weight and money on the roster in that case? Either way we will win out- Unless the Saints win the SB next year- but still, we'd probably get their 32nd overall then.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

lol yeah:drunk:...i still think vilma is a top tier linebacker

18. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

The fact that Tanny took a pick in '09 over a pick in '08 tells me that if Vilma performs very well, we can get a 1st. Either that, or the conditions that have to be reached to get a 2nd are almost automatic. And also, if Vilma's knee is shot and does nothing, we still get something like a 3rd.

He wouldn't have made a deal for next year without major protection in these conditions.

19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Agree. Tanny seems pretty slick when it comes to dealing with other teams. I figured a 3rd escalated to a 2nd based on number of snaps. You really think it can go as high as a first?

20. KRhodesMVP

KRhodesMVP Banned

Only thing I dont get is why Tannenbaum would trade Vilma for draft picks in 09. Were obviously trying to become a winning team starting immediately this season, so why fool around with conditional 09 picks that could turn into a 1st rounder. Just wait until you can get a 2nd rounder for Vilma for 08 and make the deal.