Rumor: Vilma to Saints

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayMike, Feb 28, 2008.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Vilma has been terrible for 2 seasons now and is coming off a major knee surgery.

2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

While I agree...You just know Nawlins is going to get some high value if Vilma becomes the player he was in a 4-3, that may be in 2009, but hey...He's only 24, Nawlins to me is more than willing to be patient for a MLB who hasn't hit his prime and has won a DROY and went to Hawaii in a 4-3.

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Don't sweat it too bad bro...we are getting a 330+ pound 3-time pro bowl D-Tackle

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Hey I'm not doubting that at all. And I'd be very happy with Jenkins or Rogers.

But being 24 years old...You know the Saints could afford to wait on Vilma to fully recover and play at a high level again, and he'd only be 26-27 years old, still not even in the prime of his career.

Vilma is my favorite player in the league, but this trade makes sense...An NFC team and it could be a 2nd round pick if he contributes ASAP.

5. hazmat

hazmat New Member

The thing is that Vilma's value is down but if multiple teams want him then that creates leverage for the Jets to get a better trade. They don't have to trade him but if 5 teams want him they can take the one with the best offer.

6. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Terrible trade- the Saints are going to be really good next year and that pick will be late in the round.

Vilma is going to the Pro Bowl next year and will be the best MLB in the NFC

7. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

And if it is a conditional pick we would be getting a first round pick....

8. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

It better be. If that conditional pick maxes out as a 3rd rounder, that pick will be not particularly useful.