Ray Rice/Kevin Smith/[insert name here]

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sanchizeqb, Feb 27, 2008.

1. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Honestly, is there even the slightest of chances we go for a RB not named DMC or Mendenhall? Discuss.

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

It depends on a lot of variables right now. FA hasn't started. We need to see how we come out of FA with. That really sets the table for the entire draft. Then it depends on who's available and in what round, and we may decide that we really do not want another back and that what we have will do very nicely.

Like some have said, us going Gholston and then picking up Godsner Cherilius in round 2 could happen. If it did happen that way I would sign for it and live with it right now.

3. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

I think we stray away from DMC, and Mendenhall/Stewart will be gone. with the depth in this years draft, i'd hope a ray rice or 24K or an equal is still available in the 3rd round. It's going to depend alot on our FA moves. If we can solidify the Oline with maybe Faneca, pick up a NT or CB, it could definitely be possible. We'd also have to address the WR spot before a RB.
    Theres just so much damn talent @ RB it's hard to turn your head away, even if we don't need one.

4. JetsLookingforDWare

QFT.

Mangini has shown a tendency to try to fill holes through FA so that he can go out and draft BPA. In '06 we signed alot of defensive players, cut most of our O-line, and then drafted the best LT and C in the draft. In '07 we went DL (Coleman) because the DL sucked...RB because the running back talent besides Leon sucked...and then went and drafted the top CB and second best 3-4 ILB in the first two rounds of a ridiculously mediocre and shallow draft.

I could see us signing one of Bell or Faneca (or some other LG), and one or two of the defensive players (the Wilsons, Tommy Kelly, Starks). I wouldn't ignore RFA's either, Kevin Sampson and Brandon Chillar have interesting upside for a team like us.

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

What's coming out in all of these threads is that for those that thought #6 would be pretty straight forward; it is very far from it.

There are so many possibilities.

I think the worst thing that could happen is for the top 5 to go in no certain order: McFadden, Jake Long, Gholston, a (QB), Glenn Dorsey. Then we would have to choose between Chris Long or Sedric Ellis, both of whom do not fit our system and it will be difficult for us to find anyone to trade up to #6. So in this case, I think it would be the worst case scenario.

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Yes, all true. I think I am more tuned into FA than anything else right now. Mostly because anyone you sign, you are dealing with a given.

QFT - age will not allow me to understand the meaning; if Q = Quite and T = True then I understand.

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

QFT = Quoted For Truth.

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I would have never guessed that F = For

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

i say lets improve our O and D line this season, and see what leon and tj, can do. if we do this and they're not productive, then let's go after a RB in next years draft.