My Mock and FA aquisitions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by gustoonarmy, Feb 23, 2008.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Trying to address all the needs here. Not spectacular but workmanlike I think.

I'm hoping that in FA we could pick up playmaking WRs , Berrian , Gaffney or even Moss.
    Despite drafting two linemen in 2 & 3, I would if we could like Fanaca , then Jake Scott would be my second choice.can you have enough quality linemen?
    I didn't draft DE when Lance Briggs is our new DE.:wink:

2008 Draft
    Round...Pick
    1.........6 DT Sedrick Ellis
    2.........36 OT Gosder Cherilus
    3.........67 OG Branden Albert (Roy Scheuning)
    4.........98 CB Chevis Jackson
    5.........133 WR Jerome Simpson
    6.........164 OLB Angelo Craig
    7.........195 TE Gary Barnidge

2. Kipper88

Kipper88 New Member

I'd go for that

but I think that Albert will go at the Top of the second after all I have seen and read on him.

3. gustoonarmy

I think that as well , hence the Scheuning pick.
    Also I think that Craig and Simpson will be gone before their projected rounds , any mock before the combine is a punt.

4. Kipper88

Kipper88 New Member

I understand that was just saying that if you wanted him then second round would be more likely

5. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

My problem is Ellis. He is very close to DRob in size and ability and we already know Drob isn't a good fit. Its not that I dont like Ellis, but I think DE or LB might be a higher priority, especially with Vilma going.

6. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

Albert could break into the bottom of the first round based on the hype. If his pro day is as good as his combine, he'll be solid.

7. JetsLookingforDWare

No offense, but this is a terrible mock.

8. gustoonarmy

None taken. The day we agree on anything I'll be schizophrenic. :wink:

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Nice job beefing up the offensive line. Faneca is a real possibility IMO, but there are plenty of alternatives at LG.

Gaffney would be a nice acquisition. Very doubtful we land a #1 type-guy like Berrian, Moss or Bryant Johnson unless Coles is released. They will be looking for #1 opportunities somewhere. A guy like Samie Parker, Justin Gage or a WR via the draft is more likely.

Lance Briggs as our OLB? Doubtful on many reasons.

Sedrick Ellis seems pretty undersized for a 3-4 NT. I don't like the pick.

Cherilus is a good option in the 2nd and Schuening has a better shot of being around in the 3rd, even though if we have a good FA class, I'd take him in the 2nd.

Jerome Simpson dropped a bunch of balls at the combine and he didn't look great IMO. Angelo Craig is a good sleeper at OLB.

10. gustoonarmy

Combine

Jerome Simpson

Keep a very, very close eye on this youngster. He is a special talent coming from a program that gets little-to-no exposure. Simpson holds the Big South career receiving record with 2,430 yards. His intangibles are tremendous, and perhaps the most impressive attributes that this young man possesses are his 35 3/8� arm length (the longest arms of all players in the draft) and the second biggest hands of all the players in this year�s draft (that includes all players entering the draft - yes, that includes all of the linemen, too). Simpson blew up at the East-West Shrine game and really improved his stock, and if he has a successful combine you can expect him to be drafted as high as the 3rd round or somewhere within the 4th.

Strengths: Tremendous moves and athleticism. Extremely quick when making cuts in his routes. Very smart player who understands the game and is dedicated to fully understanding the playbook. His flexibility and balance is truly remarkable to watch. Could have the best collection of open field moves of all the receivers in this draft. A true leader on and off the field. Great vision and even better hand-eye coordination. Enormous wingspan will certainly intrigue NFL scouts.

Weaknesses: Needs to bulk up a bit. Needs to be more explosive off of the snap. Will struggle against bigger, more physical corners at the next level. Still has not fully developed his ability to be effective on deep balls. Struggled with separation more than a few times, but some of this was a direct result of average (at best) quarterback play. Lower body strength is not at all impressive - he absolutely has to work on this throughout the year.