would you trade DRob for

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, Feb 19, 2008.

1. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

I dont know who is worse to trade drob or vilma. Both of them have their best years ahead of them. The second they put on a new uniform we are gonna be kicking ourselves in the ass for trading them. They will go somewhere new and be absolutely lights out.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

To the guys who complain about "hatred" for D-Rob, pleqase keep in mind that he will count $12 mil per year against our cap and will be switched to a 3-4 DE (a position that he has not played in college or the pros; a position that he does not have the height or reach to play).

Those of us who want to make a deal instead of keeping D-Rob want to obtain draft picks (to aquire cheap talented plaeyrs) and free up cap space (to sign quality free agents that may not be cheap).

3. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on who is on the board at #4. I would do the trade mentioned for Chris Long, but I doubt he'll be on the board at #4. I'd strongly consider it for Sedrick Ellis as well. I would not do it for Jake Long (would be a RT here), Dorsey (not a fit in our D) or McFadden (too many other issues on the team).

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

DRob could probably work out at 34DE at this point. He's got two years of NT under his belt while not outstanding play a shift to DE is probably easier to handle and he'd be legit. Rotate DRob, Coleman, and Ellis keep em fresh.

5. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

So its ridiculous to hate him because he has completely disappointed us? And being the best DL on the Jets says absolutely nothing. It's like saying you're the smartest person in Indiana.

6. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member