What the SB Demonstrated

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Feb 4, 2008.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I do not think BTW that in all that # of posts you mentioned CP is the subjest. If you are implying that I post that the NYJs are LOSERs & have been for 39 year well that is historical fact that cannot be denied right?. We are ALL still awaiting with baited breath your explanation as to why in all years as an adult (I estimate around 20 years) that the NYJs have been loser. You do realize that is 0-8 going on 0-9 under Woody & the remainder under dear old Leon. Also, I think you have not replied to the question do you think your almost 3Gs annual donation to Woody is really worth it. Lastly you need to reply would you rather have Woody or Kraft as the NYJ owner

2. championjets69

Well yes TD had a bigger arm so I would say you are most probably correct. Just think of that draft & how our organization just looked at CPs gaudy stats thanks to RM & draft him based on that. There is no other explanation for him being chosen over TB that I can see.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tall, strong arm, hard to tackle, not afraid to throw the ball up in a crowd.

That's everything that Chad is not.

4. championjets69

Do U think that anybody in our organization understand that?

5. JetsLookingforDWare

So the only QBs who have ever succeeded are QBs like that?

If you want to waste your time looking for the perfect QB, cool. Enjoy a time period like the Bengals did in the 90's...before they started doing the more important things like building the O-line and an offense for a great QB prospect to survive in.

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

If you're going to bug me to reply to every inane question you pose, I will remind you that we've been waiting for your knowledge, insight and master plan right here since the season ended. You still haven't replied to any of the questions that have been asked of you. So you go first, champ, and if you do it I'll answer yours. Honest.

7. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

We don't even have a decent Qb in Chad. There are 25 Qb's right now in the Nfl that have a higher upside or will have a higher upside than Chad for the Future. I agree we need to fix both lines but we are below avg with Chad starting at Qb.

8. championjets69

Sure I have just that you have not taken the time or effort to go thru the threads. Now since you appear you do not want to reply since I guess it would be to difficult for you to admit that Kraft is a better owner then Woody & that the it is also far to painful for you to admit that the NYJs have been a garbage team thru out your adult life & finally that your annual almost 3Gs donation to the Woody is really wasted money & that money is just pissed down the drain. Are those correct statements by me or do you disagree to any part of them?

9. Italian Seafood

I disagree with all of them, champ. But if you want me to explain why you need to man up and reply to the thread I linked you to. The whole point of it is to get all of your valuable NYJs knowledge into one place, so we can all reference it without spending our day sifting through all your repetitive garble. Then we can use that thread as kind of like our "road map" to the promised land from our great, fearless, sage.

10. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

God, how many times have we said that...:beer:

11. championjets69

Cmon now you especially do not one IOTA of my NYJ or FB knowledge so stop with the BSing please. OK so I will put you down exactly how I posted unless you have the guts to reply otherwise. Just to be sure we understand you think like me Kraft is far better owner then Woody. That during your ENTIRE adult life the NYJs have been a bottom feeding garbage team. That the 3G donation that you give to Mr. Woody each & every year is really money being thrown right down the drain

12. KSJets

KSJets New Member

He did reply otherwise you f'n retard. Learn to read.

#112 KSJets, Feb 5, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  13. Italian Seafood

Yeah, it was in the first sentence, in fact.

14. FOURTHANDLONG

Yea and we will keep saying it until we finally have a decent Qb under center!

15. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Here champ, I'll even be a nice guy and point it out to you:

16. JetsLookingforDWare

Well yea...but we may have one in Clemens...who despite not being tall or cannon armed was considered a pretty good QB prospect by some smart football people.

Build a team and you'll find your QB. Chad was a fine QB before his shoulder injuries, and if they never occurred I think we're a happier fan base. But he was a good QB because he was smart AND he had a great supporting cast.

17. FOURTHANDLONG

I think Clemens will be fine if given the right tools to succeed. Chad was serviceable before the shoulder injuries but that was then. Now he takes up to much cap space to keep around when we have so many other needs to address.

18. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

It amazes me that EVERY thread on this board becomes a Pennington roast. The Jets need to improve on the DL and OL to be a contending team. Every team that has won a SB had superior line play. It's not about the QB right now. It's about protecting whoever the QB is, running the football, stopping the run, and putting QBs like Brady on his back. If the Jets can't build a team to do those four things, the skill players will mean squat. And if you can't see that the problem the Jets have had since 2005 begin and end with poor play in the trenches, you don't know football. Players like Chad Johnson, Samuel, and McFadden may excite people, but its the guards, tackles and ends that win games.

Did you know that the QB who has led the NFL in passing yards has never won a SB?

Did you know that Moss and Owens still don't have a single ring between them?

Did you know that some mediocre QBs have won SBs, but not teams with mediocre lines?

While Manning had a good game, the Giant DL won that game. The Giants only scored 17 points. But the Giant defense held the greatest offense in NFL history scoreless except for the Pats first and last possessions. The Pats couldn't run and Brady had no time to pass. That is winning football

#118 Joe Willie White Shoes, Feb 5, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  19. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I've been saying that since Sunday night. Manning did just enough. It wasn't spectacular. In fact, Pennington having the same sort of game gets criticized out of New York for a game like Manning had. Hats off to the Giant defense... without them it would have been a rout.

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

This would be almost comical if it didn't show how lost in the past this fan base is. We waited 6 years for Pennington to have that kind of game on a big stage. We haven't even had a 2 game winning streak in the playoffs since Richard Todd. Two TD drives in the fourth quarter to bring your team back against a great team under enormous pressure is the whole point of having a franchise QB.

#120 winstonbiggs, Feb 6, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2008