As a Jets Fan , will this superbowl make you squirm?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I know it does me , and I live thousands of miles away , so I can't imagine how some of you guys must feel , especially the ones in Mass :sad:

Didn't George Martin manage the Beatles? My how the mighty have fallen:breakdance:

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

As a NY'er I'll be happy if the Giants win. If the Jets couldn't do it, let's see if the other local team can pull it off. And to win at the expense of the Pats, derailing their "Perfect Season" at the very last moment would be the icing on the cake.

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

As a NY lover , I too will be rooting for the Giants , putting the rivalry aside for the week preceeding.
    I should root for the Pats as me rooting for anyone is the kiss of death :lol:

4. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

I am a new yorker, if my team doesn't do it, I want the other New York team. I never understand how you could hate the town's other team. It is your town!!!! I will be all for the Giants to kill the Patriots. I don't know how people can think any other way.

5. boomer

boomer Active Member

I honestly can't understand Jets fans obsession with the Giants.

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I definitely hope the Giants win. I won't be able to stomach the fact that a Patriots team that I actually witnessed could be the Greatest Team Ever if they win the Superbowl.

7. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

It depends on who's shit you can stand to hear! The New England fans "we're the best ever" or the Gainst fans "The gainst are the better New york team". Either way how much tourture can a human being take.

8. sect105

sect105 New Member

I am rooting for the Pats, but mildly. Being from NY makes no difference to me. I would never root for the Yankees as a Mets fan.

I am a jealous Jets fan, If my team can't win it. I do not need to hear the tri state area cream over the Giants. I can't root for a team that 4 months ago, there own fans wanted everyone gone. Now, they can do no wrong because they squeaked by a few games.

The way I see it, everyone knows that the Patriots are great, so if they win another Superbowl Big Deal.

9. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I want the Giants to win because I despise the Patsies, I never generated any feelings towards the Giants

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'll be rooting for the Giants, of course. Any NY sports fan whose dislike for the Giants overides his hatred for the Patriots is simply not a Jets fan, period.

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Count me in as a one day Giants fan. How any Jets fan could possibly cheer for the Pats is beyond me.

12. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Count me in as a Giants fan for the day. As others have said I have been pretty indifferent to the Giants all these years - unless of course we were playing head to head.

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

As A Nyer I cannot live with the Giants winning the SB. I will be rooting for the Patriots come Super Sunday, that is if I can stand to even watch the game..

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

If by "squirm" you mean break out in hives, yes.

And George Martin didn't manage the Beatles, he was their producer. Brian Epstein was their manager until he died of a drug overdose in 1967.

15. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I'm not calling you out but I don't get it- what is it about the team that creates such a sour taste in your mouth? Is it one player? Is it the fact that they've won two superbowls in recent years? Is it their fans?

I've never really come across a Giants fan who I would call an A'hole, as opposed to some Raiders or Pats fans who really have an air of arrogance about themselves. The Giants don't really have that one player who would serve to turn me off to the team, a guy like T.O. of today, Randy Moss of old (he's fine now since he keeps his mouth shut). Plax? He talks smack but as he showed last week he can back up his big mouth from time to time? Strahan- the guy just wants a ring.

16. jcjet

jcjet Member

my sentiments exactly

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As an X-NYKer, I'm always going for ANY New York team playing for a championship. If they beat the Pats, even better. If not, it won't be any different for me than the last 37 Super Bowls I've watched without having a true rooting interest..

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

I consider myself a bigger Jets fan than almost anyone. I was in Denver January 99, Oakland in JAnuary 02, Pittsburgh in 05, New England last year. I went the Baltimore game this year, plus the Giants 'away' game. That's in addition to 75% of the home games since the Shea days. That said, I'll be rooting for the Giants to lose. So my case disproves your theory.

Like someone else said, the Pats already won the border war. Belichick and Brady are headed for the Hall of fame. So let them win so I don't have to deal with Giants fans crowing for years & years. I don't really come into contact with any Pats fans. Giants fans...different story.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

My heavy anti-Giants bias went away when Wellington Mara passed away. He was the link to the past that made it hard to stomach the Giants. Not that he was a bad person, but he personified that elitist Giant's fan attitude of old money is always better that permeated the franchises in the 80's in the Giant's Super Bowl window.

I like Andy Rooney too much to make him a roadblock.

20. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

I will watch the game hope my numbers come up in the pools that i am in. I will drink myself numb and as soon as it is over turn it off and never speak of it again...The word for today is "Denial".If I can't remember it, it didn't happen.