New Todd McShay 1st Round Mock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PinPointPenning10, Jan 17, 2008.

1. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Gholston, just as i thought. I have a feeling that pick may never move, like landry being taken at 6 by the Redskins a few years ago.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Laron Landry was picked THIS year, and there were a lot of mocks that had the Skins taking DE Jamaal Anderson. Mock drafts are really useless, but McShay usually knows what he's talking about and this mock looks nice. You never know what's going to happen until a few hours before draft time, and even then it's somewhat unclear. There's always a last second trade or a suprising pick.

The real value in this year's draft will be in between the second and third rounds.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Wow it was this year, i'm retarded.

I always saw Landry at 6 in the mocks i read.

Anyways, the Jets have had a good track record of picking up good depth guys in the later rounds so hopefully they'll continue the streak of good luck.

5. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

What cracks me up is that they even admit that Gholston is a reach at #6. That's the last thing we need at this point...

6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

What exactly is in between the second and third rounds? :wink:

Except a night's sleep?

7. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

a ton of talented RBs for example. or a truckload of big target WRs.

8. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

i somehow feel, that we will have to reach for whoever we take. I feel like J.Long, C.Long, McFadden and Dorsey really seperate themself from the rest of the class. When those 4 are off the board, the BPA-strategie goes down the river and teams will/should just draft need.

of course it?s very early, and there?s gonna be a lot of shuffeling in the 1st till the draft, but right now, i feel that way, and i wouldn?t be surprised if that doesn?t change that much till draftday.

9. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Actually, I was just joking - there isn't anything in between the second and third rounds. I knew what the original guy meant, it just struck me as funny.

10. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I concur with that point.

11. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I'm betting that New England will be looking again to trade their 1st round pick this year at #7 overall w/some sucker for their 1st round pick in 2009. That way they can manuever themselves to grab Laurinaitis, Mauleuga, Cushing, Teboy or Crabtree in 2009.

12. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

I would love to see him in Green. He is a beast. Hopefully next year he will rip Brady's spine out his body and walk around the stadium drinking the blood off his vertabrae..we need someone explosive at getting to the quaterback and his numbers in the combine should be absurd.

13. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Who do YOU suggest we take?

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

even in january i have no doubt gholston is the pick......

the intrigue for the jets starts in round 2 where i expect alot of maneuvering up or down. with our relatively hi position in each round look for us to slither down a few spots in rounds 2 and 3 with the intent of gathering some day 2 picks for further ammo OR an extra pick or 2 in 09's draft.

jil

15. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

I doubt it would be for that reason, bellichick doesn't draft LBs he picks up cheap Veterans who are smart and adjust to schemes well, look at who he's had. More likely they address LB through FA, either picking up a MLB or 2 or picking up an OLB and moving Thomas back inside like they did earlier this year. They'll lose at least 1 of Bruschi Seau, maybe both, but Colvin will be back from injury and I bet they sign at least 1 guy, depending on the $$ they could go with a top guy like Briggs or Dansby, or more likely go for a midlevel guy like mitchell or Clark.

16. Sorry..but he is not a reach at 6. Who has the physical ability to be just as good as Merriman and Ware...and he played for a bigime school! There are5 truly elite players at the top of this draft..and one QB who will go higher than he should...we will likely get one of the 5...and one of them is Ghoulston who happens to fill a major need.

1. Dorsey
    2. C. Long
    3. J. Long
    4. Mcfadden
    5. Ghoulston
    QB- Ryan

17. Tumer

Tumer New Member

Gholston would be a great pick for the Jets, given that his value is about right at #6 and he fits a big need for a passrusher.

#17 Tumer, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  18. JohnnyHector

JohnnyHector Member

Even Gholston admitted that he was a 2nd round pick when he officially came out. He said that he will impress people during the combine and try to make his way into the first round. This guy takes too many plays off. He tends to disappear at times.

19. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

That's probably just what the NFL advisory committee or whatever told him, they tend to be very conservative, he definitely has top 10 talent.