POLL:if Jints vs. Pats in superbowl (this Jet fan will root for Pats)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ROCKJET, Jan 14, 2008.

1. ROCKJET

ROCKJET New Member

OUCH! Would I rather die by drowning or hanging?

I polled a few co-workers this morning and I'm shocked that so far I stand alone.

If the Jints beat the Almighty Patriots in the Superbowl, it would probably go down as the single greatest victory in pro football history. It would dwarf Namath .(it seems like a thousand years ago anyway).

How do u top that?

It's great to win the superbowl as an underdog , but to beat an 18-0, heavily favored team has got to be the ULTIMATE TRIUMPH.

I hate the G-men as much as I love the JETS. This would crush me more than a Pats win.

How do u guys feel?

P.S.-----personally ,this has got to be one of the worst football seasons to bear as a JET's fan.

....and I've been watching since 1965. :(

2. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

I've already decided not to watch if its a Giants-Pats Super Bowl. I'll be sitting in an empty movie theater wearing my 1996-era Keyshawn jersey.

3. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

First, this thread does not seem to be set up as a poll; in terms of voting that is.

At any rate, there is not a team I hate more than the NE Pats.

So if the NYG's are in the SB, I will root for them to humiliate the NE Pats.

Did anyone see the look on Jerry Jones' face in Dallas yesterday at the end of the game; it was priceless.....................that is the same expression I want Kraft to have, and it can't happen soon enough for me.

BTW, I think Green Bay is going to the SB for the NFC. It will be about 10 to 15 degrees when they play on Sunday at best. I think his will really effect the Giants and especially Eli.

The temp will be similar to GB in Foxboro, MA on Sunday night with a wind. Very tough for both teams. It will be a near miracle if SD wins.

#3 GreenHornet, Jan 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Anyone but the Pats.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I refuse to even think of the possibilty. GB will beat the Giants in Lambeau, no question in my mind. Go Pack!

6. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

I agree....

7. lightning

lightning Active Member

I have too many friends who are giant fans...

8. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

+1

i hate the Giants and some of their Players, especially Strahan and Shockey, but i actually like the way they play football: hard, good O-Line, good D and fighting for every inch.

I?ll be rooting for the Old man wearing the #4 and the Bolts this weekend, but when it comes down to a Giants-Pats SB, i?m sure as hell will root for the Giants.

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

There is a thread about this in the NFL section, wherein I gave my answer, and the reasons behind it (that I would root for the Pats).

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=28795

I also agree with the original poster that a Giants victory over the Pats would eclipse the Jets win in Super Bowl III as the biggest upset ever, which is just another reason to not want it to happen.

In another post a few weeks ago I speculated that the answers to this question would be very age-related, with longtime fans much more likely to root for the Pats than younger ones.

10. stevesaks

stevesaks New Member

I hate the Pats...especially this year.....
    I am glad Dallas lost...even though the Giants won..I hate Dallas....

I wanted the Giants to lose last week against Tampa..that would have been total death for Giant fans..., now since they won..they are playing with house money..so I rooted for them yesterday to beat Dallas..cos I wanted Dalls fans to feel the 'pain' like we Jet fans do...

I would love to see NE lose ....would prefer it be to another team instead of the Giants...
    BUT if the Giants are facing them, I would root heavily for Giants...I HATE NE

this would surpass 68/69 Jets..but would be the ultimate Death for all NE fans.
    my feeling is, we can't live forever in the past and hold onto that one special year....when I was 3 years old anyways....
    I HATE NE and Dallas

11. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I will Root for the Chargers over Green Bay!

12. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

I don't really have too much against the Giants. I was rooting for them over Dallas last night. I'll be rooting for Green Bay over them, but I'll be rooting for ANYBODY over the Pats.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I root for the Giants all the way in that scenario. I'm tired of Boston dominating New York in sports as they have done in recent seasons, any change in that trend is positive.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

pats play sunday afternoon.
    there is no question I would root for the giants with all my might....I fuckin hate those massholes more than anything in the world...I would root for team taliban over the pats

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, Green Bay is who I want to win it all too. Let Favre go out like Elway with a big win in his last season.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Patriots fans are the worst people in the world. The ones I know are as obnoxious as is humanly possible.

I hate rooting for the Giants, but I'll be rooting for them if they make it. They'll be like 20 point underdogs though.

17. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Giants all the way on this one. I can't imagine rooting for the Patriots.

18. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I have a family full of Giants fans, and I was rooting for the G-Men yesterday. I've thought quite a bit about this.

I was at the Jets-Cleveland game and I was talking to an old-time Jets fan about this and I tend to agree. As noxious as the current version of the Patriots is, the Don Shula Dolphins will always be worse. I'd have to say flooding the field was more of a bush move than filming a few signals, and the fake spike was one of the most heartbreaking moments of my young life.

To see that team relegated to all-time number 2 status and to shut Mercury Morris and Co. up, I'll be rooting for the Pats.

-X-

19. jcjet

jcjet Member

ditto..........

20. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because I'm far enough removed from Giants fans but - I have no problem with the Giants. I am happy for them. Like several have said anyone but the Pats. I would probably root for Al Qaeda if they played the Pats.