Tannenbaum confirms Chad is returning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Jan 7, 2008.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Leon won the only game that Chad played in where the team won.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

If you check the records, I disappeared a month before Chad was benched and came back for the Patriots week before Clemens was injured. I left because losing is bad enough without arguing with all of you retards over every incomplete pass, regardless of who threw it.

Also, I've said on here over and over that I support competition for the job, just like every other job on the team. You guys who want to annoint Clemens without him earning it make me wonder if you care about the Jets at all or if you just want your boy in there.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I was wrong then, like I said that's what it seemed like, I never looked anything up. Based on your response I would say it's understandable how I would get that impression.

The main purpose of my post was to call you out on you pounding your chest about being right on Chad being back next season. You know better than to do that now.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Not really pounding my chest, it's kind of obvious if you look at it objectively. Aside from the vocal handful on here who just hate Chad, most people who watch football would tell you you have to bring them both back and play the better guy. It's not like the Jets even had to think long and hard about this one. They see who else is out there, they have Chad on a contract and are unsettled at QB. Not that hard.

5. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

That's where you are wrong, and pretty much missing the point.

Most people that watch football know that Chad is done. Thank you for 2002, 2004, and 2006, but it's over.

Of course there should be competition in camp. Clemens has proven nothing. That competition should not be coming from Chad though, it should be coming from a young vet with upside and a 2nd day draft pick, while Chad fights for a starting spot on the Chiefs or Falcons.

6. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Ever hear of ACCOUNTABILITY? If Chad was half the player he was, he wouldn't have thrown any of the 3 or 4 game clinching picks he threw. Stop making excuses for him. If you play like a rookie, expect to get benched for one.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

It's not obvious, it's your opinion, it's not objective it's your opinion. You don't have a clue what most people who watch football think, again that's your opinion. None of the rhetoric enhances your opinion. The Jets GM has not said he wants Chad back to compete with Clemens for the starting job if he did I would like to see where he said that.

What's obvious is you love Chad and are no more objective than those like myself who think he is done. We have both formulated an opinion based on our knowledge and experience in watching the game. Most people have been known to be wrong at least half the time and most people aren't objective.

#107 winstonbiggs, Jan 8, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

ANd then when that rookie blows ass like Rick Mirer,expect to get your job back.

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Stop being a boob... I wasn't making excuses. I pointed that out specifically that I wouldn't. LTR. :up:

10. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Keeping Chad a Jet was te only move Tanenbaum could reasonably sell to the media and fans. You now force teams to pay dearly for Pennington to be your starting QB in 2008. The Vikings,Falcons and Chiefs are in desperate need of Chad and what he brings to a team. A decent OL and running game and add Pennington to the mix will win you 10 games in the NFL . That's good enough to win an NFC division title. Pennington and our #1 might be enough to grab Atlanta's spot in the draft.

11. Going4TheGreen

Okay, sure thing.

First and 10. Pennington drops back. Throws out to Cotchery, deep right...INTERCEPTED!!!!! Every other QB in the league can get that ball over the corner accurate and fast enough before the safety can make the play. Go watch the senior PGA tour or something man, his game is finished. Kellen blows ass but Chad's massive 6 points against the Titans (the play I was describing) was fuckin' sweet man. :cool:

Dude,

Is an excuse whether you say "I won't make excuses for him because he deserves a share in the blame like every other guy" or not. If you want to continue watching the JetZzZzZzzZ, have fun watching TiVo of previous years. I'll take the 3-4 over 1-8 any day of the week. I'm not down with the message board lingo LTR BTW, but don't bother enlightening. THX LOLZ.

God, will some more people with some sense enter this thread and save me from the looming idiocy that is the Chad love.

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

On Tannenbaum saying Chad will be back next year..............seriously what else is he going to say if he doesn't want to start world war three in NY.

I mean what is the guy supposed to say, "We have seen enough and we are just drooling to trade Chad."

He said exactly what should be said if you toe the company line and you would like maximum trade value.

I really can't read into this whole thing very much. If Chad is here come draft day then I will start to believe it.

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

It goes with it being a TEAM GAME... that is why you need defense. If you can't figure that out I can't help you. You don't draft a STUD QB and then 50 some odd other flops and hope that your QB can get you there. It is not an excuse to expect that the DEFENSE is going to show up. Chad put up the numbers that day and had them in a place to win... the defense has to help by preventing and or limiting the other team scoring. CHAD DOES NOT PLAY DEFENSE... HE DOES NOT BLOCK ON THE OL... HE DOES NOT KICK FIELD GOALS... HE ALSO DOES NOT DROP PASSES. Get it? :wink: Team game. And YES... AGAIN... Chad cost us some games.. how many is debatable, but it was not everyone we lost while he played QB.

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I find it amazing that, when Pennington was winning over 60% of his games before this year, those on this board that didn't like him as a QB wanted to ignore the wins and were more concerned with style points and how hard he threw and whether he beat 1 and 2 loss teams. Now this year the same people defend Clemens based on wins and losses and ignore how the Jets won those games. Clemens did not "lead" the Jets to any wins this year. The defense won the Pittsburgh and Miami games and KC lost the other game, which was an abysmal game for Clemens.

It is ridiculous to base a QB's career on one season where the team had a horrible OL, injured receivers, no running game and a terrible defense. I guess if I went on the Rams' forum, I'd be reading the same things about Bulger. He had a horrible year and does not have Pennington's playoff track record. Should the Rams go with Ferotte???? Or should they draft Ryan with the 2nd pick? Of course, there is no such discussion in St.Louis because people there realize that their OL and defense stunk, which led directly to Bulger's poor season. I don't see any difference between Bulger's season and Pennington's.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Do you mean threads like this?
    http://www.ramsrule.com/theoriginal...&forum=101&topic_id=75167&mesg_id=75308&page=
    :wink:

Anyway, Bulger is a far better QB than Pennington, don't you think?

16. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

To be fair, I have to agree with you. I have defended Clemens and I haven't defended Chad, but I haven't put him down either. I think that there only may be 1 or 2 QB's in the entire NFL that could have played somewhat OK with our line (not great, though). I really think that this year was a year where what we had could not be tested properly; Chad and Clemens alike. Chad only lost out to Clemens because we were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs at mid-year. Putting in Clemens was not going to change anything; in fact, it raised more questions than gave answers. The reason is it is tough to judge QB talent when the line stinks. I am not saying we have a Porsche on the team, but even that runs crappy with watered down gasoline.

I still would like to see Chad traded; not because I have had enough of watching him; I just think the timing is right (vs. age and value), and I think he could do far better with another team.

17. Going4TheGreen

Quit capitalizing in the middle of sentences. Don't demean my basic football knowledge because you said you wouldn't make excuses, then you made excuses. Other than that, I'm done with this argument. Chad is no good.

Maybe the D was galvanized by the fact that there was somebody who actually had a chance at sustaining a drive, or they thought he had the potential to moreso than Chad.

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Once again.. I made no excuses. I just simply am smart enough to understand that Chad did not lose all of his starts on his own. I can't help it if you can't see what is painfully obvious. That isn't making excuses. It is simply having a rational sense of where the blame is to be laid. Some of it is debatable, but to simply throw it all on the QB is shortsighted and ignorant.

19. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

actually, they are less trustworthy. just ask kendall.:eek:hmy:

20. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

if they wait until after june 1st to trade him, they can spread out the cap hit over 2 years. plus, they may want to stockplie another pick in the 2009 draft.:wink: