Tannenbaum confirms Chad is returning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Great. Starting Chad means more 18play, 65yd drives that fade in the redzone due to some catastrophic event. More mediocrity is in the offing folks. This franchise is snakebitten no doubt. We can't do sh!t right but stay stuck in the same ole BS we've been doing since Woody bought this franchise. As long as this FO/CS continues to play it safe, we'll continue to suck or on a good day, be mediocre.

Sad thing is, the suckers will still show up every Sunday in the Meadowlands hoping to see some decent football only to be treated to the dink, dunk and punt on offense complimented by the bend but don't break until the 4th qtr defense.

Here's to 40 more years!!!!

2. mcmagic

mcmagic New Member

If they pass up offers to trade Chad and improve the team than this FO should be blown sky high. All they are doing is setting up another season with a CEILING of 9 wins and a first round playoff exit. If they are going to rebuild than REALLY rebuild.

3. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Didn't say anything about Chad starting.

Competition, and I'm sure Clemens goes in with the advantage due to his youth and upside.

If Clemens can't win the job then there is no way he is a starting NFL QB.

Only people who should be really mad about this are those who feel we should draft a QB in the first round, because this would be a sign that we aren't going to do that. I don't see why anyone else would be mad, Clemens gets a chance to start, and Chad is better than most if not all backup QB's in the league.

4. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

Yeah, obviously. It's a good thing that only we see that and all the other NFL teams are clueless to the posturing. Because if they caught on.....

5. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Jets weren't 2nd rate last year.... much , much , much worse.

6. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Dink, dunk, punt. DDP= Diamond Dallas Page

[​IMG]

Let's bring him in to play quarterback.

No seriously, DDP isn't so bad. At least he doesn't bounce balls.

[​IMG]

7. mcmagic

mcmagic New Member

What i'm saying is that if they keep Chad and keep this same status quo than they won't be anything more than a mediocre team that has no chance at the playoffs.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If making 5-10yd passes still won championships, I wouldn't be so worried. What scares me is that Chad will win the job because Mangini needs to show improvement this season to silence the critics. I don't think Clemens will be given a fair shake in TC.

The fix is in folks. Unless Chad gets traded, he'll start no matter what happens in TC. KC might as well pack it in and head back to the farm. The story you'll be fed is "Chad gives us the best chance to win". The real deal is Mangini doesn't have the luxury of another stinker of a season without DeadWoody Johnson giving him the fisheye.

9. Going4TheGreen

Chad will be no more than an institution for higher learning for KC come Sept. '08.

The following months QB decisions will be up to Kellen. Upon whether he succeeds or fails.

Still though, if we don't get solutions for the O-Line, I'm only going to watch special teams and defensive possessions next year.

I think someone provided TGG with information regarding sacks allowed by O-Linemen throughout this season. Can anyone provide me with the link?

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

If we rework our O-Line and add another impact player on defense, there's no question the Jets can become contenders again. This includes Chad being behind center.

11. NYJetsFan26

NYJetsFan26 New Member

This is GREAT news, Chad still has a lot of good years in him, this year was not his fault, the Jets HAVE to address the O-line and add depth at the reciever position. With a good O-line that can buy Chad time topick apart defenses like he's done in the past, plus the great duo of Jones and Washington in the backfield, the Jets O will be very good in 08, but they have to address their needs, O-line and recieving depth.

12. Going4TheGreen

Dude the Jets haven't been a good offensive team since Martin led the league in rushing. And that was because, well, Martin led the league in rushing.

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

The Jets have put up several decent offensive teams the past few years. I'd say a good combination of both offense and defense is what makes a SB winner. Would a high-octane passing and rushing team be more exciting and score the Jets more highlight reels on ESPN? Sure. But that doesn't necessarily win you championships.

14. mcmagic

mcmagic New Member

Look was NE did to build a dominant team. They became more of a vertical passing team. The jets should learn a lesson from that. You can't win in the NFL with a weak armed QB the way the PI and Illegal Contact rules are right now.

15. ANJI

ANJI New Member

I think think there should be a book written about Chad and his "charm". Because I really don't get it. He's like the jets version of Kerry Collins, why are some people so hell bent on seeing an average QB do well??? I don't get it.

16. dogg

dogg Member

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Heheh... it just isn't good enough for some people. They won't be happy until Chad not coming back. And this is considered "rational" thought. :breakdance:

18. wildaces

wildaces Banned

This is clearly a smoke screen to raise his trade value if there is any. If you were another team's GM would you look for a trade if you were expecting your target player was going to be cut.

19. Going4TheGreen

If decent is the bottom 'half in the league in both passing and rushing. Since 04 (Martin's league leading year), it's been pretty bad.

#59 Going4TheGreen, Jan 7, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  20. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I am trying to figure how you come up with that. I have to take experience into consideration when making my Monday Quarterback evaluations. Chad went 1-7, and Clemens went 3-5. Chad has been in the league for 7 years, and Clemens only 2. My opinion is that Clemens played against the tougher teams. He also played with out his full line up. I am pretty content with Clemens, but we do need to pick up some competition for him for this TC.

I would be eyeing Grossman, who has shown signs of being a Solid NFL starter. Should be able to pick him up pretty cheap, and would be a good back up if Clemens beat him out.