Tannenbaum confirms Chad is returning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Shadetree55, Italian Seafood, tbruner12 among other Chad trolls.

2. All Star

All Star Active Member

That makes no sense, why woud Chad trolls think Chad could win the job?

3. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I guess I thought that when a Pats fan came over here and was considered to be a troll, he would be a Pats troll, and not a Jets troll. So I used the same logic. And they don't think he will win the job. They think he is one of the best in the league. Italian Seafood isn't really a troll, he's way more realistic, but still living in 2002 IMO.

4. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Hell, no. Chad did not even beat out Kellen this year in camp. There is NOTHING absolutely nothing in CHad's performance this year to suggest he could beat out Kellen in training camp. And why would you go with him even then? He PROVED this year that he is incapable of winning games, why should training camp erase his total and complete ineptitude this year. Honestly, I would rather start Ratliff then Chad.

5. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

:rofl: Keep telling yourself that...

6. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

"There is NOTHING absolutely nothing in CHad's performance this year to suggest he could beat out Kellen in training camp"

And Kellen showed even less than Chad so........

"He PROVED this year that he is incapable of winning games,"
    And Clemens proved he could? I only count the Pittsburgh game as a good win, so it was Kellen 1 Chad 0, not exactly a big difference.

"why should training camp erase his total and complete ineptitude this year."

Because training camp cannot erase Kellen's ineptitude either.

Clemes has to step up and just win the freakin' job. In camp he has to protect the ball, complete a higher percentage of his passes than Chad. The edge in arm strength would be the deciding factor if he jsut steps up and improves his game. But the job shouldn't just be handed to him. He has to earn it to some degree. He didn't do that thsi past season.

7. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Well things are really shaping up for next year! First the coaching staff ignores our depth problem and signs career back up's to plug holes. They trade away a good player to the detriment of our team (Kendall) and replace him with projects . They wait too long to pull the trigger on Chad. For the second year in a row they Make their Defensive corrections and tendency adjustments after the bye week (kind of wait and see thing I guess) Now they stand behind a Quarter back that doesn?t have the tools any more. People will say it was the line; it was his receivers ....please. The guy is a great person but he is figured out! I will stand on this statement and take the grief if Chad rebounds. Chad Pennington will fail as the starter or the back up of the New York Jets!!!!!!!!! It?s like a card trick you seen before; kind of predictable.

8. ANJI

ANJI New Member

LOL, this is the kiss of death for Chad. The only way you would get information out of this FO is if it would be a better subterfuge then saying nothing.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

This is a confirmation that Chad is on the tradeing block and will not renegiotate. If we can't trade him and he shows that he is worth 4.8 million we can keep him if he doesn't and we can't trade him he will be cut.

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Keep either , both are back-ups.

11. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

This is pathetic. Their really is no upgrade at the position at all.

The QB play was spotty at best this year and they're going to keep Chad?

I really hope this is just posturing.

12. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Right now Chad is better then Clemens. Wow, can't believe i say this after wanting Kellen to start 10 weeks ago.

13. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Despitre my avatar, those are my thoughts exactly. I don't want to bash Clemens because one Jets QB has been treated unfairly enough. Two wrongs won't make a right.

14. Beamen

Beamen New Member

What did you call? This isn't news...

I'll entertain trade offers, but I expect Chad to be back....

Didn't we all know that if we are unable to trade Chad, he would likely return?

I fully expect Chad to be traded before TC

15. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'm speechless.

16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

definetly right on. I don't think you're alone with those thoughts. I'm a big Chad supporter,but i was ready to see what Clemens had. The season was shot to hell anyway,was a good time to test drive. With a solid O line Chad is a very good QB,it was just forgotten this year.

17. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Sounds good, Pennington has been a solid starter for us over the years keeping him around another season to help guide the young clemens.

18. mcmagic

mcmagic New Member

This front office is inept. Only a piece of crap owner like Woddy Johnson would expect an accountant to be a capable GM.

19. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

QBs are not the NYJs problem

Clemens deserves more seasoning. He's still just a pup with good instincts and great fundamentals. Chad is a wily veteran -- who do you think was throwing to R.Moss when he was making his name at Marshall?

NYJs need to make their offensive system better through a WORKING OL, not a sieve in progress. QBs who are smart and patient with a KILLER INSTINCT win more than "Billy-the-Kid" gunslingin' Chunkers like Rivers and Leaf and George.

We've got the smarts, now let's go after some monster smart mean SOBs for the OL.

Tannenbaum has to buy some beef!

20. mcmagic

mcmagic New Member

I don't see any way the Jets aren't a 2nd rate team again next year.