One Hell of a QB Mess

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Section 227. Row 5, Jan 3, 2008.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

IMHO if we have to draft another QB then Man/Tan should immediately be sacked for making that hi profile QB search & then whiffing it in the draft by drafting KC

2. GreenMachine

Maybe you should tell us your master plan here:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=27702

This is a fabulous thread you seemed to have missed.

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Your right. This is their guy now surround him with the pieces so he can succeed. I think he has what it takes if given the right supporting cast.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

5. championjets69

Well he can sure flick the ball which maybe the reason why Man/Tan decided to draft him. Yes to be fair to him the entire CP offense must be scrapped for KC & a NEP type O should be implemented which means we need big guardians on the OL + go get them type WRs that can break the game wide open

#85 championjets69, Jan 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'd rather see them admit to making a mistake if that's what it turns out to be and make the correct adjustments rather than being too stubborn and try and force something that isn't going to work.

7. FOURTHANDLONG

We can start with this.

1. Drafting-signing Huge linemen on both sides of the ball!
    2. Drafting-Signing a Wr that is built to go downfield!
    3. Using the other 200 plays in Schotty's playbook that are designed for passes over 10 yards.
    4. Ending the Chad era and signing a veteran backup who realizes they are a backup.
    5. Making sure the money is there to sign Baker, Rhodes, L Washington and Mangold to longterm deals!
    6. Coming to the REALITY that we are as far away from the Patriots as the Dolphins are and that we are going to take 2-3 years to fix this mess. Stay the course and rebuild no matter how much our fan base that thinks Christmas should come five times a year and are satified with one and done playoff berths starts to moan and groan.

For the record I was never asked my solutions!

8. FOURTHANDLONG

Unfortunately we don't have an answer to this question. This year is a Clemens Incomplete.

9. FOURTHANDLONG

This point is sorely lost on the Cp supporters.

10. championjets69

Well that is what makes the world go round. You cannot please everyone no matter how you try. No different then when I issue warning bells in 06 that it would be 09 or longer before we will be SB ready but some just did not have there ears & eyes open & kept deluding themself over & over again. Ha there is even one poster who started a thread that all we need is 2 players & we will be SB ready for this upcoming season. Hard to imagine but there are so many that post here that just do not have the ability to properly assess a FB team just like Man & Tan did this past season. However, they have lots of ability to attack anyone who strays from there views of the NYJs

BTW I do not agree with your Baker comment. Nor do I think that BS has more then 1 D/F play in the book because of CP throwing limitations

11. Italian Seafood

Gee, can't imagine why. That's one down (kind of) and one to go.

Old man has the floor.........:jets:

12. FOURTHANDLONG

The front office drafted those two players and they turned out to be pretty good for rookies. The result was our 4-12 season! I think Baker is decent. Not top tier but the middle of the pack. Unfortunately The T/E is a position that has not been thrown to for a few years around here. B/S is a special Teams player. Period.

13. FOURTHANDLONG

Me, Champ and about ten others on this board who get called darksiders might not have all the solutions but we identified all the problems before before the season started. Out of curiosity what are your solutions?

14. Italian Seafood

Identifying the problems without having a solution is pretty pointless.

Offense:

*Offensive line has to be improved, obvious to everyone..
    *Get a good FB so we can rush for more than 4 or 5 TDs and put play action back into our red zone offense..
    *Try to get a big WR, again for help in the red zone..
    *Let the QBs compete for the job in camp, better guy plays
    *We're good at RB with Washington and Jones, good at TE with Baker...

Defense:

*Need a dominant guy on the DL, right up there with OL as top priority..
    *If Vilma is healthy, team him with Harris and we could have an excellent LB corps..
    *We're good and young in the secondary, enough guys hopefully there already to fill the positions needed..

My 2 cents, thanks for asking.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

I pretty much agree with you on everything you said except the Qb part. The Cp thing is the only thing that divides most Jet Fans on what we need to do to become decent again. I would had a burner at Wr to stretch the defense and a Nt who can take up space and command a double team.

16. Italian Seafood

The fans but not the team itself. The players and coaches weren't divided even through a 4-12 season where both QBs struggled. If we block for these guys and give them a running game, either one can be successful. If we don't we're going to need them both anyway.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

These are good solutions, FOURTH, and I'm not disagreeing with you. I see Tangini doing all of #1-5 EXCEPT getting rid of Chad. There is no way Mangini is going to expose his flank by getting rid of Pennington now and bringing in another "veteran backup" when we already have one who's under contract. Whether or not Penny admits that he's a backup here doesn't mean squat. It doesn't matter what he considers himself. He is what he is and he's already stated he's not going to make a stink and will do "whatever the Jets want him to do" here. So that's the way it is and he'll make good money being the backup.

If Clemens goes down or stinks up the field, there are no other "veteran backups" in the league that will give us a better chance of winning than Chad will, period. And that's the bottom line.

So, I see all of your solutions being implemented by Mangini, but Chad stays, which gives us the best chances os winning next year. And yes, if by some miracle we wind up with a REALLY solid O-line and a legitmate deep-threat WR and some of the other fixes we need on the D-line, we could possibly make the playoffs next year.

But that all depends on giving us the best chances of winning, and that includes not getting rid of Penny now, given that we don't know what we have in Clemens yet.

18. Italian Seafood

Still no solution from champ.

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

He gave it you just missed it.

20. jets272

jets272 New Member

vinny testeverde???