Laurinitis, Ghoulston, or Phillips

Discussion in 'Draft' started by SettlerDawg, Dec 30, 2007.

1. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

That is the question.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The answer is three guys that teams aren't going to give much to move up for.

3. TampaBayJetsFan85

I say K.Phillips out of Miami for two reasons... #1 reason is that thier is no Bust factor with Kenny...

#2... Yes I know we need help on the D-Line and O-Line, maybe even a slot WR... But With Revis, Phillips and Rhodes in the backfield, we should have one hell of a defensive backfield for years to come... Now if we draft Kenny, its a MUST and I mean a MUST that we go after T.Suggs with guns blazing.

4. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I don't think that Suggs is really the answer here. I think he's going to demand too big of a contract, and frankly, I don't think he has really done that well this year. He's a big name that hasn't lived up to his bill this year in my opinion.

I would be happy with any of the 3, but I think I would prefer Gholston, then Phillips, then Laurinitis.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i would be a little leary of the pats with gholston - they have thomas in there but colvin got injured again and i can see them making a play for him...

if not they may target laurinitis for the inside.

either way its likely going to be LB for them.

jil

6. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Gholston is a monster, he'd be an awesome addition. I don't know much about Laurinitis or Phillips though.

7. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

I would love Laurinitis to compliment Harris. Would be sick.

8. YankeeJetFan1206

YankeeJetFan1206 New Member

Gholston...Laurinaitis isn't a great fit in our 3-4 because he doesn't shed blocks well, and we need a DE/OLB more than a FS

9. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Even if the Jets lost today, how realistic was it for the Jets to be able to trade down? Considering the cap cost of a top 3-5 pick, I don't think it's a coincidence that there haven't been any trades in the top 5 of the draft over the past three years.

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers says hello.

Dwayne Robertson says hi too.

11. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Ghoulston.

He's going to be a dominant pass rusher.

12. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Yeah I would rather Draft an OLB and offer a very good safety like Gibril 2-3per million doller contract then 7plus for suggs and draft a safety. Makes much more sense.

13. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Absolutely no interest in using our first round pick or any pick in the first 4 rounds on a safety or CB. After 15 games we were ranked 8th in the entire NFL in yards per game on defense -- and that was without anything resembling a pass rush.

What good would Phillips do? Make us 1st in pass defense? And then you know what? Teams still run right at us. And then our record could be 5-11.

I say Gholston......then Laurinitis......If neither, then trade down.

14. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Gholston cuz Vilma's gonna stay inside with Harris. Our biggest need is a pass rusher. The defense puts no pressure on the qb unless they run an all out blitz. Kennny Phillips would be nice but Gholston is more needed. However, i think the jets could trade up or down. Trade up for mcfadden or cris long cuz they are great players or trade down cuz none of these guys are really all that enticing for a sixth overall pick.

15. MCFADDENJETS07

I say trade down!

16. K. Wright52

K. Wright52 New Member

Vernon Gholston

:jets: I think we should go with Vernon Gholston, we don't need Darren McFadden,we will have too much money tied up in a running back....what do you jets fans think. O-Line would be nice in Jake Long to open holes up.

17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I really don't like the idea of drafting Phillips with our 1st round pick. Our strength coming into next season at this point in time is really the secondary.

We have to focus on the O-Line in the draft, although Ghoulston or Laurinitis would be a great addition to this defense.

I mean, who wouldn't want Road Warrior Animals son on their defense...

[​IMG]

And you want McFadden on the Jets? I highly doubt we draft him, but how would you expect the Jets to draft him if we traded down?

#17 macbk, Dec 30, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  18. MCFADDENJETS07

long will be gone! I say trade down!

19. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Why the hell would we take Laurinitis?

The only right answer is Vernon Gholston

20. Phyr

Phyr Member

Vernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon GholstonVernon Gholston