This season is on Mangini's head

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Dec 24, 2007.

1. JetsLookingforDWare

Stop this nonsense.

There are proven scientific facts that now say Mangini is and will always be a failure. Ignore his drafts. Ignore the situation he walked into.

Football is about winning, not rebuilding.

Name one good franchise that has ever had to rebuild. I dare you. Your brain will explode trying to look for one.

2. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Winston – I’ve said this fifty times already; just because you are ‘rebuilding’ or ‘building’ for the future does not give you a blank check to suck so hard that some 20 year fans are mowing their lawns instead of watching the game.

Coaching has been awful this year and ManWhereAmI has been unable to win games that we clearly should have won…this is a huge problem moving forward.

Winning while rebuilding may not be the top priority… ASSUMING YOU WIN AT LEAST SIX TIMES A YEAR WHILE DOING SO.

And enough already about ManLineMasters ability to recruit talent which is why we should just eat this years 3 – 13 and next years 5 – 11 seasons; everyone seems to want to blow him over Harris and Revis…that’s two out of what?

3. JetsLookingforDWare

Most rebuilding teams lose while they're rebuilding.

You're acting like you've never seen this happen with another team.

Seriously, we have and had no legit shot at the Super Bowl in 2007 anyway. Who really cares what our record is then? Mangini has to hit some arbitrary but still crappy win total to please whining fans? TF is so significant about 6 wins anyway? Wouldn't you be whining then also?

BTW: When you list Revis and Harris you forgot Mangold, B. and E. Smith, Leon, D'Brick, the breakout of Rhodes and Cotchery...not to mention better play from Ellis, DRob, Thomas, and Hobson.

#183 JetsLookingforDWare, Dec 28, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  4. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

^ No...I forgot Mangold

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Are you kidding me here or did you just not read the thread you pulled up? There's a report in it that Sirius radio says the Jets are favorites to sign Columbo and then pages and pages of back and forth on the topic of: is this just a rumor or did we sign the guy? Nowhere in the thread does it say the Jets are actually "talking" to Columbo.

Stacy Andrews was a backup OL who was an RFA. With camp room you go get Steinbach or Dockery.

Irrelevant. Trading up twice to make picks for a team with a thin talent-depleted roster was a huge error. It would have been an error if the Jets did it to pick a defensive lineman and an offensive lineman. That neither of the picks were in the trenches just magnifies the error.

Everybody thought Kendall was replaceable, they just FAILED to do it. With obvious repercussions.

They played up Wadsworth bigtime, as if he was the way to go and it was obvious and only the Jets were smart enough to see this. At the time a lot of people pointed out that coaching is also a limited resource and that Wadsworth was going to consume some of that limited resource.

Last offseason was obviously about Eric Mangini. It was some quality Mangini-time that brought him into camp fit and trim and with lots of extra cash from the endorsements. 3-12? Oops, maybe I should have eaten a few more cheeseburgers in the film room...

He wasn't. The Jets tried to replace him with garbage though. Even a high school student understands that if you go from average to lousy you've lost something. Why don't you understand that?

The Jets have been lousy all season. They played TWO strong games all year, both against the Dolphins, and nearly managed to lose the first one at the end anyway. If you are seeing anything other than lousy football out there then you don't know football.

6. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Or maybe he was too busy to pig out? Or maybe he just cut back on what he was eating or decided to eat healthier? It is possible to lose weight without hitting a gym for two hours a night.

You're really reaching with this offseason shit. All coaches do extra things in the offseason.

7. JetsLookingforDWare

1. Andrews is a backup because he hasn't been playing very long. He's big, athletic, and has been starting at RT/RG for the Bengals most of this season. By your comment about Andrews and your stance on Mangini, my guess is you don't like having to sit through developmental stages? It must suck to be that impatient.

2. Why would we pay Dockery that much money? He's a decent player who got a great players contract.

3. We obviously had something to do with Columbo. Most people wouldn't bother to start a rumor about a RT...or most offensive linemen.

You keep repeating that...and yet again I'll ask...what would you have done in last years draft?

You still show 0 concept of drafting. You do not draft for need. You get talent. Why would we pick a friggin G in the first last year? And what kickass D-line player did we miss out on for the 3-4?

Ah. True. And now we'll never have another chance to replace Kendall...I forgot after this season they're ending FA and the draft.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllsssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Lol...no one even expected Wadsworth to make the team. TF are you talking about?

Wow.

More buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllsssssssshhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt.

At this point you're just talking out of your ass. The man loses weight and goes on TV (for 5 friggin seconds) and all of a sudden he doesn't care about the job he's been working his ass off for for 10+ years?

I do get it, I just want to know what you would have done. Kendall sucked. He was whiny. He wanted more money. He stayed to himself. When we let him go, what guard was out there that would replace him instantly?

You keep wanting things without really having the paitence to wait for them. This is YOUR problem. Not MANGINI's problem. He needs time. You, appearantly, don't have time. Good thing you're not the boss then.

You haven't even offered a plan yet. You've just whined about how every single hole wasn't filled last offseason.

You haven't watched a single game have you?

Are the Dolphin's games strong because we won? Is that the only way we can be strong?

This is getting boring. The constant negativity crap only works for so long. It's not even like you're bothering with facts beyond the W-L record (Note: I expect my favorite cliche to be used in reply to this sentenc).

I forgot to ask so it could get ignored again:

What would you have done differently last offseason? I would love to see the plan you have in your head that would have filled every need on this team and made us a contender for the Super Bowl this year.

#187 JetsLookingforDWare, Dec 28, 2007
  8. JetsLookingforDWare

Oh, I'll ask the anti-Mangini crowd again since they never actually answer:

1. What would you have done differently last offseason?

2. Herm was better in his second season than Mangini. Would you take Herm over Mangini?

#188 JetsLookingforDWare, Dec 28, 2007
  9. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I would also like to point out that last season our 'boatload of cap money' was diminished by the fact that just about every other team was under the cap by a significant margin. It was a players market and I applaud our FO for holding off on the 'I have money to burn' feeling. The absolute last thing you want to do while rebuilding is tard up the cap.

10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

1. Mangini is not the GM - Although he has input the Offseason is not really his job so lets blame Tannenbaum for that.

His job is to Coach , his Gameplans are predictable , The Jets are week in and week out worse in the 2nd Half than the first because they are getting outcoached.
    His game management is just as bad as Herms and some are just plain ridiculous like the Cleveland game First down on the 15 and lets Kick the FG and then Kickoff Deep???????

2. Would you rather eat Horse Shit or Cow Shit?

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I assume I am one of your targets. If I am correct with that, then you are still distorting my words and message. Read what I write properly and do right by me and I'll eventually answer question #2.

As for your first question, Section 336 helped to answer it. I agree with what he wrote.
    Of course, Mangini does have a big say in the players acquired through free agency and the draft. I don't have a big issue with any players who were brought aboard this past offseason. I thought the draft was good. Once Antoine Cason decided to go back to school, I wanted the Jets to target Darrelle Revis. They drafted him. Therefore, I liked it.
    I don't believe there was a specific player in free agency who I wanted the Jets to sign, but I could certainly do a search to see if I made any comments on such a thing 10, 11 months ago.

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

They can never answer except with absurdly broad statements.

The fact is the draft was shallow. They don't want to lock up higher paid FAs to long contracts. They want to find talented youth to build a team, as apposed to a mix and match lego set.

Building upon Herm's invention wasn't going to be reasonable.

#192 JohnnyJohnson, Dec 28, 2007
  13. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

I couldn't agree with you more... well said...

14. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Yeah and he's the one who led them to a 10 win, playoff season last season when most looked at them as a 5 win team. Stop being an ungrateful crybaby.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

These things also took place in the NFL last season:
    -the Bears were a Super Bowl team
    -Michael Vick was the starting quarterback for the Falcons
    -the Ravens were 13-3 and now with the team at 4-11 there is considerable talk of the head coach's job being in jeopardy

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Not to mention that Lovie Smith is in trouble in Chicago even after going to the Super Bowl last season. D'Angelo is really unhappy with the choices he has made at QB ad RB the last tow seasons, believing that they may well have cost the Bears a championship last season and certainly cost them respectability this season. He's a long shot to get fired but the possibility is definitely there.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Wow, I hadn't even heard about that.

In my previous post I was pointing out some examples of how dramatically stuff can change in the NFL from one year to the next. Smith possibly being in trouble would certainly be another example.

18. JetsLookingforDWare

1. Mangini still has alot to say in who we pick. HC's always have say in that stuff.

2. That didn't answer the question at all actually.

19. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

will one of the mangini lovers please answer me this........" where did herm edwards coach as a head coach, before becoming the jets head coach?"

after you answer this, answer this one......"why would the jets make the same mistake in two back to back head coach hirings?"

rookie head coaches do not lead team's to the promise land!!!! especially those with zero experience!!! mangini was an even worse hire than edwards!!! i'll even go out on a limb and say herm took us farther than mangini will....any taker's?

#199 tbruner12, Dec 29, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  20. JetsLookingforDWare

How can I answer a question that has absolutely no logic in it?

Herm led winning teams in his first two seasons. Doesn't that make him a better coach?

Again, I ask...what would you guys have done differently last offseason?

What could have been done that made us Super Bowl contenders this season?

And exactly what coach would have had us contending for the Super Bowl this year?

BTW: I've asked my question at least a dozen times and got two posts that don't answer anything.