Jets 2008 opponents

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cakes, Dec 24, 2007.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

The Jets should be demoted to College football level if they cant beat San Francisco.

2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

It is never easy for an East Coast Team to make that trip, especially when you are not very good.

3. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Even though it would appear that the schedule next year offers us some opportunity, let's first see what we do in the FA market and the draft before we start thinking playoffs.

I guarantee right now that if we do not sign any big names to the offensive line and and maybe supplement the line with an additional pick as well as bringing in a new FA or decent pick for the defensive line, we will be lucky to get 5 wins next year.

4. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i would say that with the right moves and that schedule, we are in the hunt. with the wrong moves, we stay shitty and mangina is gone

5. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

That's nonsense. With the very unbalanced schedules the NFL does, there are definitely easy schedules and difficult schedules. You cannot tell me that playing St. Loius, San Fran, Arizona and San Fran is not DRAMTICALLY easier than playing Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, and Eagles. You cannot tell me that playing San Diego, Denver, Oakland, and KC is not a good deal easier than Pitt, Cleveland, Cincinatti, and Baltimore. We DO have an easy schedule next year, and could easily win 10 or 11 games with the exact team we have right now.

6. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

u cant realy look at the schedule anymore and say were gonna win this game or lose that game, lets just have a good team and the wins and losses will fall were they may

#46 ajetsfan4ever, Dec 25, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Playing SD, DNV , OAK and KC next year vs Clev , Cin , Balt , Pitt this year is a toss up - SD is better than Pitt - Clev is an on the up team as I think the Raiders will be next. Cinc and Balt were pretty Bad this Year

Playing in Seattle is just as tough as playing in Dallas on Turkey Day. Arizona is on the rise and will be no easy task next year, and probably tougher than Giants, Skins or Eagles this year. Plus we had an extra game in NJ.

Throw in the Flex Games Tenn is the Same , But we get Cinc over KC

Next years Schedule is no easier than this years.

#47 Section 336, Dec 25, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  8. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Well we disagree. I think it is dramtically easier.

9. The U

The U Member

2008 Opponents

The Jets future schedule is as follows:

Home: Denver, Kansas City, Arizona, St. Louis, Cincinnati
    Away: Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Tennessee

Herm comes to the Meadowlands again to highlight our home games.
    Jets have to travel out West 4 times, yikes.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/1035--08-opponents-decided

10. Kenny

Kenny New Member

It's too early to say what games will be key for us to win since tema change year to year, but right now i'm looking at two games..

@ Tennesee and home for Denver...

I don't expect Oakland or KC to be better then Denver next year and that would make the Broncos the 2nd best team in the AFC west.

@ Tennesee is another game where the Titans will probable be around the playoff picture like they have been the last 2 years.

I would like to play Oakland early in the season while Russell doesn't have a lot of snaps.

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

as if analyzing the 2008 schedule wasnt ridiculous enough, you want to tell me right now that 09 looks rough? tell me this....who will be atl's qb in 09? who will be the starting rb in tampa in 09? will vince young be healthy for the jet game in 09? simply ridiculous

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Who knows what can happen during the offseason? Miami might actually conjure up a decent team, Buffalo is only going to get better, and Oakland has a pretty solid defense. But I'm getting way ahead of myself here.

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That's pretty much what I'm thinking.

As of right now that's a tough schedule. Who knows though? If we break character and go on a spending spree in FA, then have an amazing draft, and Clemens comes into camp ready to have a breakout year, we have as legit a shot as anyone.

But this is December 08. After this Sunday, I don't even feel like thinking about the Jets in an actual game until at least February.

14. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

That is an incredibly easy schedule. The only good team, as always, is the Pats. Denver and SD are very overrated (or maybe perfectly rated - I don't really know how they're rated but they are just okay). The NFC West is garbage from top to bottom. Seattle is a tough place to win but that's about it. And Tenn is still a team on the rise.

Still, overall, that's about as easy as it gets.

15. njjet

njjet Member

We need a major overhall of the OL & DL. Additionally, QB is questionable and we also need a #1 WR in the likes of Owens or Moss! Another RB would also be in the wish list. If this can be accomplished we might go 8-8. :jets:

16. newcomer

newcomer New Member

No matter who the opponent 4 trips to the west coast will take its toll

17. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Isn't that pretty much the same for every team?

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The year of the 8 has usually been pretty good to us:

1968: SB3 CHAMPIONS (sorry, couldn't resist)

1978: Improved from three straight 3-11s to 8-8, contended for playoffs until Week 15

1988: Improved from 6-9 to 8-7-1, KOd Giants from playoffs in season finale

1998: Won AFC East, 12-4, AFC Championship game

Word. :up:

19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I'd also like to add the Jets have never lost a game to the Dolphins in a year ending in 8...so there's at least two guaranteed wins for us...wink wink

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Wanna try 2010? :up:

I'm kidding. It is early for next year, but it never hurts to check these things out.