DBrick at LG?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Dec 24, 2007.

1. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Just goes to show you how fickle Jet fans can be...no patience and too caught up on 'what have you done for me lately'.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

I've had some older fans explain to me that they've BEEN patient, but this team has been rebuilding for almost 40 years.

Makes perfect sense right? We're not exactly the ballsiest fans are we?

3. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Brick is the least of Jets' OL problems right now. THey need a LG, RG, & RT first. Right now Brick either needs to put on more weight or more muscle...But time will help him to fill out. In the intrim....Brick should play TE. The blocking TE in a 2 TE set. Thats' his original position I believe, before he was switched to tackle. Would give Jets' a stronger blocking line also. But he probally will remain where he is. Nobody discusses Bakers' lack of strength at the point of attack. Bakers strength is catching & not blocking. Baker should be lined up next to Brick more, but Jets' usually run to there right side.

4. JetsLookingforDWare

Baker is a pretty good blocker. Hell, his blocking is why he was neglected as a pass catcher for so long.

5. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

I see u like to talk....But don't know what ur watching. Give it a rest buddy.:drunk:

6. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

You know I I have to agree, I think Brick/Mangold will on the line for a long, long time. My question is ? Do we bring in FA's to fill these gaping holes in the o-line or do we stick with the game plan and continue to build in the draft. If we do draft o-line in the 2nd/3rd round do they sit the bench and learn or do we throw them into the fire to learn. If we do the later then we are almost back to where we are now with a terrible line and giving up " I think 50 sacks" this year. Im not sure but someone can check that stat.
    Also I think we should start looking for a new line coach ASAP.

7. JetsLookingforDWare

This from the same guy who couldn't correctly spell Shawn (or most other guys you listed in the IMPACT thread)?

The same guy who just suggested D'Brick as a blocking TE?

You drunk?

#27 JetsLookingforDWare, Dec 25, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  8. KJet84

KJet84 Member

HAHAHAHAHA..good call

9. MattMan

MattMan New Member

so you want him to play center? :rofl:

10. Force

Force New Member

You just suggested we move our underweight LT who struggles with run blocking to LG. You are in no place to criticize someone's football intelligence.