The Pats will go 16-0 BUT

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by #1 Jets Fan, Dec 24, 2007.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

they will lose there 1st game in the playoffs and I will be laughing until next season LOL

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Home field advantage could turn out to be a disadvantage to them if they run into bad weather and a team like the Jaguars. There offense is NOT suited for bad weather.

I'm not sure if your post is sarcastic, hopeful, or serious, but there I wouldn't be shocked if they got bumped in there first game with a little bad weather.

edit: I will celebrate like a mother fucker if this does happen.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

There a lot of Pats fans here where I live and they are worried about the weather also. It's funny to see a fan wprried about there team playing at home in the playoffs. If this does happen I guess BB isn't as smart as we all thought

4. WhiteShoeWillis

Kraft would have a dome added to their stadium within 48 hours of the loss.

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

LOL....I hear that LOL

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think the Giants will give them a game. First, I think Coughlin will still want his team playing hard going into the playoffs. I don't think the Giants are pollished enough yet that they can take a week off and then turn it back on for the playoffs. I don't see NE risking personnel if the game starts to get out of hand - by that I mean if the Giants go up by 14 in the 3rd and Brady has been taking some nasty shots and the Giants have been able to run against NE (which I think they will be able to do); NE is smart enough to realize that the more important picture is the playoffs and not a perfect season.

We'll see.........This weekend, I am a huge Giant fan for a day.

I do not see weather being a factor at all in this game which could make Brady/Moss a huge contributor.

#6 GreenHornet, Dec 24, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

glad to see I am not the only person who thinks the Pats aren't built for harsh weather conditions. too finesse, like a dome team that is built for speed.

have there been many finesse passing cold weather team that can grind it out in the elements? I suppose the early-90's Bills and the mid/late-90's Packers are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

8. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

I love it.. Keep em coming.. I thought you guys were smarter than this, especially you WSW.. You have fallen into the trap.. Fellez.. Say what you want.. NO ONE HAS BEATEN THE PATRIOTS.. Blue Prints, Weather, it hasn't happend to this point... Just let the games play out.. If they lose.. Oh well..

9. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

I think that while the Patriots offensive is ideally suited for good weather to allow the long passing game to develop with Moss, as they've shown in the past they can do the short 10 yard slants and incuts down the field when necessary. Also, don't be fooled by the illusion of Maroney's dismal running; he is averaging 4.8 ypc ahead of the likes of LT and MJ Drew.

What people overlook when they call the Pats a "finesse" team is basically half of the entire team. The defense is built for bad weather, they're big, strong, and a little slow. Guys like Richard Seymour, Rodney Harrison, Teddy Bruschi, and Ty Warren are built for the cold and the snow. I think a team like the Jags is just absolutely built to get dominated by the Patriots. The Jaguars strengths match up perfectly with what the Patriots defend the best.

10. JetBlue

what trap? it is merely an observation by spectators who have no influence on the outcome of the Pats games. it isn't as if we are opponents who are scheming to play them and are counting on bad weather to assist us when playing the Pats. that would be a trap.

though I won't give you the benefit of the doubt of being smarter than making such a ridiculous statement...it clearly indicates your ability to comprehend positions and the dynamics that they encompass.

11. JetBlue

yes, but it is the half they have used to dominate the season, and the likelihood of being able to automatically become a grind it out running team when faced with the situation and the elements is minimal when the team hasn't had to do so the entire year.

the Pats are a great team, without a doubt, and the likelihood of them not winning the Super Bowl is also very minimal, but the one thing that can beat them is not facing a better team --there isn't one -- it is the fact that they are a passing team, and cold weather always hurts the passing game more than the running game, and if that is neutralized the opportunity to beat the Patriots increases tremendously.

12. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

I've finally accepted the fact that the Pats are going to be 16-0, so I'm not even that angry anymore. I've also accepted the fact that nobody is going to beat them, the only team with a chance is the Jaguars.

We'll find out soon enough.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

My late August prediction had the Jaguars defeating the Patriots in the playoffs. I still think that can happen, but I think the Colts would have a better chance against the Patriots.

I absolutely do not want to see the Steelers play at NE. I think they have no shot. I would give Cleveland or Tennessee a better chance to win there.

14. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

I think Indy has a chance, San Diego has a chance if LT goes off, and GB would have a chance if Favre can rein himself in.

15. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

I'm telling you, the Jags match up really really well for the Pats. They played last year (on this date actually) and the Pats won the game easily (only by 3 but if you watched you would have known it wasn't close at all. The Jaguars do not have great pass-rushing or a great secondary and both of those are needed to be the Patriots. The Jaguars can stop the run (but the Patriots don't run) and can run on offense with pounding type backs, which for the Patriots bulky defense, is the best type of back to face.

IMO teams who have better than a 10% chance of beating the Patriots:
    -The Colts
    -The Steelers (don't count them out- Polamalu is back)

-But mostly (warning cliche fast approaching) the team that has the best shot of taking down the Patriots is the Patriots if they have fuckups (i.e missed tackles, dropped balls, fumbles, etc).

16. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

LT would have to play offense, defense and coach the team because Norv Turner definately has no chance at beating NE.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What you wrote about the Jaguars makes a lot of sense. If the Jaguars were to go down in such a game by more than 7 points, I don't think they'd get out of that type of hole.

I don't agree with you in regards to the Steelers, however. I think such a game would be a repeat of the 12/9 game.

If Philip Rivers were to play a good game, the Chargers could win in New England. I understand Norv Turner is the head coach and all, but you never know.

Most likely the Chargers will be the 3 seed and would have to win two games with one being in Indianapolis in order to set up a game against NE.

18. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

I just hope we can beat the Giants.

19. Quack

Quack New Member

Nominated for most sarcastic post of the year.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

The Pats are the best team in football, and the best I've seen in a long time. You cannot deny that the weather has slowed down the offensive attack they had been completely dominating people with.

Now they'll be playing the best teams left, if the weather gets bad I won't be surprised if they lose. If they had been facing a playoff team the day they played the Jets, they probably would have lost.