Top 20 Free Agents

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Nesquik, Dec 22, 2007.

1. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

Somehow I think Asomungha's contract will be everybit as unreasonable as Samuels. Maybe not the final dollar amount, but they are going to be paid in the same ballpark.

2. diiiiilooooch

diiiiilooooch Member

If the Jets got Randy Moss and dropped McCariens, that just may be the happiest day of my life :wink:

I would be happy if the Jets picked up OT Flozell Adams, he may be getting old, but he still has some stuff.

3. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I don't think there is any chance he goes unsigned.

4. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Going to be really frustrating to watch the Jets do nothing in FA again this year. We’re dealing with the Devil Rays of football.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...that's going to happen.

6. sayuki

sayuki New Member

yes! I agree with you. we should focus on offense line so we can give clemens more time to make good decisions, and help tomas jones run better.

7. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Briggs isn't really a great fit for the 3-4. He's a guy who I really like, but it's unwise to pay money for a linebacker who excels in one system when he has no record in another.

I'm also not as high on Starks as other people. The guy lost his starting job this year and he wasn't exactly a star pass protector before that. I think I'd much rather have Stacey Andrews, who seems to be a more complete player.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I hope we avoid the biggest names (Faneca, Samuel, Briggs, Suggs, Haynesworth etc.) and focus on the guys that will bring the most value for the money. My preference would be to target the following up and coming players:

Karlos Dansby LB
    Jacob Bell G
    Gibril Wilson S
    Nnamdi Asomugha CB

Also I think that Montrae Holland G and Jason Fergeson DT might come cheap and compete for starting jobs.

9. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

If the Jets steal Gibril Wilson I will crap all over you people.

10. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I'd avoid Gibril Wilson like the plague, because the guy is NEVER healthy. I think we should take a look at Kawika Mitchell. I think he's very gutsy and would respond well to the system.

-X-

11. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think we should look hard at several of the offensive linemen available in FA and not screw around with any of them. If we like them we should be serious about it.

I think our line could benefit greatly by having an experienced leader on it. Faneca would fill that role. He is only 30 and for a lineman that is still not very old - he could deliver 6 or 7 more years if he doesn't sustain any serious injuries. Granted, the guy won't come cheap, but I think it would be money wisely spent. Remember the red carpet Parcells gave Mawae - was he right? There are other guys I do like: Lilja, Flozell Adams, and Max Starks all would be good, too.

If we do not take advantage of some pretty darn good offensive line talent available this FA market when we are in sore need of quality, I will be very upset.

Suggs would be an awesome acquisition as would Haynesworth.

The only scarey thing is we really are going to be hard pressed to find are true NT this year.