This game was ours for the taking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Dec 16, 2007.

1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

This is one of the worst losses you can get, I would've rather lost 50-3 than this.

1. Not kicking FG on 4th and 2 inside pats 20
    2. Baker fumble inside pats 20
    3. Pats blocking Graham punt (and elam not kicking it into the endzone for a safety)
    4. JMac not getting possession on TD (what trash he is)
    5. Nugent missed 35 yd FGA

Take away pats punt block TD, add on 2 FG's when we were in the 20 and say nuge makes that 35 yder or JMac holds on and we win. We had this game, this absolutely sucks. I hate the patriots, WHY COULDN'T WE GET ONE FREAKING BREAK TODAY? JUST ONE?

2. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

we had our chances....the refs didnt help by sucking the past cock but we had our chances, the best chance to beat them and we didnt take it....just not good enough but that loss is the worst of the season coz we had it there for the taking.

the refs just love to give the pats the good call

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. We had SO many chances all game. So many chances! So damn many. So many...

4. TampaBayJetsFan85

Or you can say "what if the Pats punt never got blocked"?

Its over... What happened does not matter anymore... The Pats are going undefeated and we blew our shot at upsetting them.

We lost, game over... Lets all get over it and focus on the draft and the offseason.

5. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

The Jets O-line and D-line sucks, and there is no way that the refs will let the Pats lose another game this year...

I mean, I saw a ton of blatant holding calls. Jets jerseys getting stretched out a mile while chasing Brady. How many times on a speed rush around the end did Brady get the pass off by a mile. It wasn't his amazing "step up" ability, it was the fact that guys were getting held.

But getting away from the conspiracy theory, the Jets totally had this game. The Patriots tried to give it to them. Justin McCairens is awful, plain and simple, what is he blind? Our LG (Clarke I think?) is a revolving door out there. Pennington, I appreciate the effort, but so many of your throws would have been pick sixes if Pats defenders would turn around.

We had this game.

6. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

LOL, there's a lot of time until the draft. I think we can discuss today's game for at least an hour before we get our focus back to the draft.

7. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

I saw at least 16 points left on the field today through not going for FG, fumbles, or dropped TD passes.

Last year, the Jets did not make mistakes. The defense was solid. I'm happy with the performance for the most part.

8. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

When you can hold brady to no TDs, you should have a chance to win.

We gifted them 14 points, we got a total of 3 points in 4 redzone possesions...

we are garbage

9. CYensePHIction

wow, this is pretty depressing loss, and the worst part is: its like everytime we got close it just snuck away

10. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

It didn't sneak away....JMac picked it up and threw it as far as he could...

11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I couldn't disagree more - this was FAR better than losing 50-3. The team played hard, and shut the Pats fans up completely.

As far as your list goes, you can't count the Graham blocked punt as a bad break unless you count the one the Jets got, so that's a wash by your accounting. You also can't count both the JMac drop and the missed 35 yard FG, since they were on the same drive. The Jets left 13 points on the field today, and that cost them the game, but it was hardly only one bad break that cost it.

12. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

HAHAHAHA, Brilliant

13. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Well said

I'm damn proud of the Jets despite their mistakes today. Today reminded me why I love this team.

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Im with this guy^^^

15. GeorgeCoztanza

GeorgeCoztanza New Member

In hindsight, yes it was a bad call. However, it was made without the benefit of hindsight. The Jets were up against the most explosive offense in the league. Even in bad weather, it would be reasonable to conclude that field goals were not going to cut it.

In addition, the coaching staff was not to blame for the terrible execution on that fourth down play. It should have been converted. Smith had Baker open and delivered one of the worst throws in NFL history. I can't believe a guy who played QB 2 years ago could make a pass that bad.

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

you love this team because we suck balls and ass simultaneously?

17. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

This is really the reason that this team is not as bad as their record (before anyone says it.....you are what your record says you are....yeah, I know). They play hard every week and the margin between winning as losing is small. The 2007 Jets are not dramatically worse than the 2006 Jets. Last year lots of breaks went our way. This year, nearly no breaks have gone our way. Now, I'm not naive, both lines stink...especially the O-Line. However, I'm optimistic that if they can shore up the O-Line and bring in some playmakers (we should get at least one through the draft), we could see some big improvements. There are plenty of questions, but I like what Mangini is trying to do with this team. We just need the horses to pull it off.

18. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

the Jets defense was excellent today. the most potent offense in football did nothing point wise. both TDs were gifts from defense and special teams. Moss could not get open down the field. and hey, they have the best OL in football. the jet offense blew chunks. yes, justin mcdog dropped a TD, but 10 points doesn't do it. ten points beats no nfl team. we need a complete overhaul. and adrien clarke and mcdog should be cut tonight. i would rather see bender out there. they don't seem to love montgomery at LG either. As for mcpuke, start wallace wright and activate a practice squadder. this guy is murdering us.

#18 jdon, Dec 16, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  19. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

How many dropped passes does Jmac have this year? By my count at least three in the end zone alone.

TBTF

20. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

First of all, faulting Elam for not kicking the ball out of the endzone is just dumb. You probably only said that because you saw the Moorman do it in the Bills game. Punters know to do that, defense players are drilled to "just fall on the ball." Furthermore, Elam the ball caromed back away from the end zone just as Elam was getting there so the only play he had was to fall on the ball. He could not have kicked the ball unless he had a third foot coming out of his helmet, and did a somersault over the ball.

The Jets got no breaks...really?

1. NE punter bobbles the snap and the Jets score their only TD
    2. Hobbs drops a pick-6
    3. NE had numerous false start penalities
    4. Brady missed at least two open WRs on 3rd downs enroute to his worst day of the season
    5. Three miscommunication plays by the Pats in the first half.
    6. A touchy third-down PI call (on the CB defending McCareins

I am not saying that the Jets defense didn't have a hand in some of the above, but it is ludicrous to say the Jets didn't get one break.

The fact of the matter is that the Pats made nearly as many mistakes as the Jets. The Pats made the plays when they had to the Jets didn't.