A question of Loyalty to this team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MeanJoeGreen, Dec 9, 2007.

1. MeanJoeGreen

MeanJoeGreen New Member

I have been a fan of this team a long time now. 30 years and sadly counting. I have seen all types of ways a football team can lose, and you all know what I mean. Today was just the tip of the Sh--Berg on dubious decision making by this franchise as a whole. Being a Jets Fan is like a really screwed up marriage. They never come though at all, always coming up short, and just when you think there gonna snap out of it and your hopes are up, They, in dramatic fashion come up short. But you stay with them because there the only thing you know (My X-Wife would no doubt say the same about me, but, that?s another forum.) This year as I get older and wiser I have been REALLY questioning my ?fanhood? to this historically weak franchise. I have a lot of family in Dallas and I love going there for the holidays. Me? After 30 years am contemplating being a ?Cowboys
    Fan?. (HAVE YOU SEEN THERE CHEERLEADERS. THEY PUT THE FLIGHT CREW TO ABSOULUTE SHAME!) Now before you question my loyalty, I just want you to know that I LOVE FOOTBALL, and when football season come around I am first in line in the cheering section. But, except for a handful of season I have not enjoy Pro football at all. Let me get your thoughts

#1 MeanJoeGreen, Dec 9, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  2. Hey..if you can stomach it, get out while you can. This franchise has likely cost me at least 5 years of my life....there's no turning back, even though I know I'll never see a jets championship, and will likely have to endure 10 more Patriot super bowls.

3. Beamen

Beamen New Member

From the second I put on my first Jets cap, and cheered them on at the age of 8, on a dreary day in the upper deck of Giants Stadium against Philadelphia in 1996, I have been condemned to a life of misery cheering for this franchise...

Unfortunately, I hate too many other NFL franchises (partially because of my love for the Jets) to ever "switch," and I have invested too much time, money, and emotion in this team to ever think about 'giving up.'

That being said, if you can get out without feeling terrible about yourself or questioning your manhood, more power to you.... The rest of us will be haplessly cheering on the Jets for the rest of our (or the franchise's) lives...

J-E-T-S

Ugh...

4. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Ive been a JET fan sine i was 8 years old ive seen a lot of horrible things in my time as a jets fan... but i could never root for any other team. J-E-T-S 4 LIFE!!! :(

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I wouldnt think any less of ya....I have this same conversation with a buddy of mine all the time....not about switching teams but the fact that as much as I love football I have had very very few enjoyable moments watching it! kinda retarded really

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I wouldnt put you down,you can do what you want. this is a tough team to follow. For me The Jets are inbedded. I enjoy watching all the games,but will always be a Jet fan. That can't change. My dad is a Jet fan,a lot of the team used to eat and drink at his pub in Oceanside years ago when he had it. Rooting for this miserable excuse of a football team is just part of the family for me.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If you're a football fan you have a prayer of salvaging your watching experience because you can theoretically switch.

Me? I'm a Jet's fan and would give up football completely if I ever stopped watching them so I have no hope.

I speak from experience, having given up the Knicks and Rangers both after 1994 because I just didn't have the time to root for 4 sports teams. the Rangers I went out on a high note with and have never watched another NHL hockey game. :)

8. greenthumb

greenthumb New Member

Seasons like this will make it all the more sweeter when we reach the top......of course it will probably be my great....great...great.....great...grandchildren who will get to see the victory parade.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Do as you please.. If you are ok being a bandwagon fan by all means be a bandwagon fan.

10. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Dropping this pathetic excuse of a team would be the most logical, rational thing to do right now...however it's strangely impossible for me. Like Kurt said, if you can do it, get as far away from this mess as you can and don't look back. It's already too late for most of us.

But, personally, I don't have a problem with bandwagons fans. It's the one's that act all arrogant and deny they are, that bug me.

11. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I’ve been to jail for this team…more than once.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Thank you. I just had my first belly laugh in a month. :)

And no I don't doubt you at all.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

This is my deal.
    Even if I could somehow divorce myself from the Jets, who would I switch over to? My options are not much better except for one team.
    Other teams I can stomach are the Cardinals, Broncos, Saints, and Vikings.
    I hate or am indifferent to every other team.

14. jetsaholic1094

Maybe I'm still really cranky after the loss, but all those teams seem better off than the Jets. You'd probably live a happier life if you made the switch.

15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

the only other 2 teams i even like are the Niners and Packers. Pretty much because Steve Young was fun to watch and Favre still is.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If NFL Sunday Ticket existed and my family subscribed to it when I first watched NFL games on a regular basis (1984), I would most likely be a Broncos fan.

(My family does have a home video of me, as a 7-year old, talking about the Steelers-Broncos playoff game of that year.)

17. jetsaholic1094

Ah, what could've been. Instead your childhood was probably spent watching Kotite and crew deliver gems each Sunday afternoon.

18. MeanJoeGreen

MeanJoeGreen New Member

19. jetsaholic1094

20. MeanJoeGreen

MeanJoeGreen New Member

Then it's settle. Cowboys cheerleader fan 4 life ;-). Who's with me??