Pats will try and kill us......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Oct 31, 2007.

1. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

^ LMAO.....DAMN THAT's GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's some good ish huh.. I wouldn't put it passed him:rofl2:

2. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Now that the day is approaching, I wonder....

Are the jets better off if the Pats win against the Steelers...or if the Pats lose to the Steelers?

It's interesting to ponder the diffference....

Are they a greater threat with a perfect record on the line?

Are they a greater threat after a loss?

Does it make a difference?

3. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

No............

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I bet you're the tallest midget in the fourth grade.

5. KSJets

KSJets New Member

That's what happens when you stay back a grade or two :)

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The Pats aging linebackers are getting worn down by some beefy offensive lines lately. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bruschi stroke out right on the field or to see Seau's arm break right in half again this week. Unfortunately we don't have a beefy o-line so my answer is you may lose this week but will still kick the isht out of the Jets the following regardless of the outcome.

7. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

How did you know? You should be more careful...disparaging remarks about elves around Christmas will get you on the "naughty" list.:eek:hmy:
    [​IMG]

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You seem like a nice enough guy and I do enjoy reading your posts, but if I may say this without rankling you, I also detect a sense of gloating in some of your recent posts here. Please correct me if you think I'm wrong or mistaken.

Now, of course, it goes without saying that you've got every right in the world to gloat, if that's the case, but allow me to also remind you that all "dynasties" come to an end. Nothing continues forever, particularly in the parody-enriched NFL these days.

Bob Dylan once wrote several salient lines in his hit, "The Times They Are A-Changin'," in which he prophesies, "The loser now will be later to win" and "don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin."

None of my business, but you might want to be a bit more humble when you're on top of the world, less the loser now will be later to win, and the times, they do a-change!

9. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Reminds me of this guy at my part time job who's a Steelers' fan. He was harrassing me the entire week leading up to the game against the Jets. I kept telling him, "don't talk so much shit in case the Jets win".

When the Jets won, I went in a few days later expecting to see him and he called out "sick" because he didn't want to hear it from me about the Jets winning. He has since confirmed that this was why he called out too. I didn't even give him so much grief about it considering our record still sucks.

Pats fans would be wise to let their team be the arrogant ones because their dynasty won't last forever. For every put down directed at the Jets by them, it will only be sweeter once their mighty dynasty falls.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Hey, I'm not calling out the Masshole because he's gloating. Hell, if the Jets looked as good as his team, I'd be walking around pretty cocky too.

But there are some pretty passionate Jets fans on this board... rally passionate about this team, so I guess I'm reminding him of that a little. And not the least of which are guys like me, who have been rooting for the Jets since the '60's.

In January of '69 I was home on a Christmas leave before departing for Vietnam on January 20th. I remember watching SB III with my dad... can even remember where I was sitting in the room, when Joe Namath pulled off the impossible. They were about 16-point underdogs that day, and when the news people asked him what he thought about the Jets being such underdogs, he stated, "Underdogs? Hell, we're going to win this thing outright, that's what I think about your 16 points!"

So it's been a long time since we've had that feeling here in Jetsland, that's all I'm saying. As far as the Patriots are concerned, am I a little sick of hearing about their "dynasty?" You bet.

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I've forgotton what it feels like to be high , drunk and completely off my head, full with lifes elixir known as being the best.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

a nam vet? here's to you sir.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Former paratrooper and 1st Lieutenant, 82nd Airborne Division - Bronze Star - Combat Infantryman's Badge + various South Vietnamese combat awards. All of which gets me my discount cup of coffee at Starbuck's for $4.00.

Jets fans are thoroughly familiar with the accomplishments of the Patriots, I just don't know how necessary it is to constantly flaunt it in our faces. They're a terrific team, there's no question about it. And they're certainly something to emulate (or maybe not). I'm not sure I'd like the Jets to assimilate their smugness, swagger and holier-than-thou demeanor.

Things change fellas. That's all I'm saying.

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Superbowl XX

15. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

First, I would like to extend my most sincere gratitude for your service, and especially on the upcoming Pearl Harbor Day. RIP.

I have tried to tone down my gloating the last month or so, but it may peek through now and then.....

As for this post....mind you, I did not begin this thread. My home board is swamped with Steelers trolls, and it got me to thinking....what if the Patriots lose this weekend? Personally, I really wouldn't care that much, I only care about the trophy, and at least I wouldn't have to see Mercury Morris or Shula the rest of the year..:)

After that, I thought.....I wonder how much of a grudge the Pats are holding against the Jets.....and I wonder how much a loss would affect the game against the Jets.

So...I brought that thought to the Jets board, since the day of Judgement is close upon us. I think both teams will show up for this game in a big way.

My personal feeling about the matchup, is that the Jets will have a better chance if the Pats are still undefeated. I think if the Pats lose this weekend, that will add to the chip on their shoulder, not diminish it.

Of course, I realize dynasties come to an end, but I'll be damned if I let it pass by without enjoying every minute of it.

Calling for the good old days
    Because there were no good old days
    These are the good old days

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Pats have proven just how old they are the past two weeks. They will probably get beat by Pittsburgh this week and then beat the Jets but by nothing even close to what the thoughts were when this thread was started.

#336 Don, Dec 6, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  17. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

I am well familiar with what happened with giants fans in the late 80's and Yankee fans of the 90's. New Yorkers have plenty of capacity for smugness. In fact, I grew up watching my Red Sox lose to the Yankees, and there were plenty of smug Yankee fans around.

Does it suck? Sure it does. But, for loyal fans, we each take our turn as our team's star rises and falls. It's the nature of sports.

To understand Boston fans, you have to acknowledge that the ones that are mid thirties or older grew up suffering beneath the wheel of the New york machines. Add to that the slings and arrows we take now that we are king of the mountain. All you can do as they throw stones is sneer sometimes.

18. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

What you are seeing is the result of losing Roosevelt Colvin. They used to rotate LB's to keep everyone fresh. Losing Rosie was a significant blow to the defense....he didn't get a lot of the credit on defense, but he was a key contributor.

19. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I hope not, but this will get very ugly. My brain tells me final score 56-10 my heart tells me we kick their ass. Then again my heart has lost me alot of money in the past.

20. tsebek

tsebek New Member

Patriots season tainted - People forget

Most people seem to forget that the 2007 Patriot Season is tainted with scandal. Footballguy has posted a funny Patriot graphic on reachoutside

reachoutside.com/footballguy