Patriots tied with the Ravens

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Beamen

Beamen New Member

You're right... One article (uncited, mind you) definitely outweighs any and all scientific reports that say otherwise....

I can cite 100 articles that say it increases muscle mass, athletic performance, etc....

http://hghlook.com/

Or how about this?

http://www.hgh9.com/

You sure showed us! :wink:

By the way, the poster who originally posted the article had the right idea, that Harrison was just as guilty as Merriman since HGH and anabolics are both banned under the same rule in the NFL.... What he failed to mention, however, was that while, for young people, anabolics are more effective, for an older person, such as Harrison, HGH is much more beneficial, as he wouldn't have to worry about the side effects (and possible injury risks) of an anabolic and it would help him to get back to the shape he was in when he was younger...

#261 Beamen, Dec 4, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2007

2. Owned.:pats_suck:

3. nyj55

nyj55 Member

i'm not sure if anyone responded about this to this fucking clown. i know things get confusing for you idiots up here in boston (i deal with them on a daily basis) and i know how you guys like to talk out of your asses about things you shouldn't be. This could be the dumbest statement ever uttered on this board (and that is saying alot). Next time do some research asshole so you don't look like a fucking moron with stupid ass statements like this

4. nyj55

nyj55 Member

HAH typical idiot meathead trying to justify his cycle. You not only only give massholes a bad name (seriously that is quite a feat in itself) but other bodybuilders/weightlifters as well. How old are you? 16?

5. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

I realize you weren't going as far as to say that I just pulled all the writing out of my ass, but a quick use of google searching the words "slate hgh" will show that the article does exist. As for the scientific reports you gave...you just references basically body building websites. It's cloudy whether or not it really makes a difference and the one study that was referenced in one of those websites was shown to be flawed in the Slate Article. If you want to convince me HGH is so effective then you need to cite more scientific sources than websites that link to other sites that sell HGH.

Maybe I didn't state this in a clear way earlier but what I mean is the difference between steroids and hgh is that steroids undoubtedly enhance athletic performance and have been proven to do so by multiple objective scientific studies while the same cannot be said of hgh.

6. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I didn't do extensive research, I simply pulled the first few articles I saw, but I was just showing that jackass BADVIKE that there is plenty of writing out there that supports the notion that HGH is a significant performance enhancer....

That being said, I edited, a while back, and added this... Don't know how you missed it, as I edited it long before you posted...

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What kind of nonsense is that?

Boller doesn't deserve credit because he dodged a sack and then threw a rope to Darling?!!!?

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That was pass interference. You have to read the rule book.

9. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Peter King, after a brief refrain from having NE's D in his mouth right after SpyGate, is back to his usual form....

On the defensive holding call late in the game:

Great guts? You don't want GUTS from your back judge in the last 2 minutes, on 4th down in a big game! You want him to only call the calls he NEEDS to....!

In the article, King reviews 4 calls....

Calls the 4th and 1 time out legit, because "Billick should have his sideline under control"

Calls the holding legit (as quoted above)

Calls the Gaffney catch OBVIOUS!

And then says there absolutely should have been PI on that Hail Mary

Yes, there should have been PI on the Hail Mary, but it is something that is never called.... If you're gonna condemn the ref for ONE bad non-call, you gotta condemn them for the other 3! Not just the one that COULD have adversely affected the Pats...

He also mentioned that people asked him about the call at the gym....

Someone should tell that fat pile that whatever he's doing at the gym, is NOT working...!

God, his column makes me mad...

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. It wasn't it was incidental hand contact. You need to re-watch the fillm.

The Rule book, excludes the use of the armbarre, (which is to say, using the arm to prohibit the movement of the offensive player).

Miller, had the hand out to one side to feel the WR running past him, which does not remotely constitute interference...

Thats the Rule.

The contact occurred before the ball was coming down the field, as both players were sprinting in the same direction....

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

We have been over this time and time again. Initially, I was the one posting the exact rule. At least you've come around to do the same. However, your interpretation of it is wrong.

I don't know why you continue with it being that the refs called it interference and there was not an apology from the league, as far as I know.
    If you are able to find out that the league apologized to the Jets for the call, let us know. At that point, I would have no recourse but to apologize for being a dumbass on this matter.

I have seen the play more than 50 times. Seeing it once more will not change my opinion. It will only be changed if I hear of an apology and explanation from the league.

12. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Actually, if I remember correctly, he got away with some minor interference on the 1st play, but did not interfere on the next when he actually got called.

13. BADVIKE

BADVIKE New Member

Fine, Ill concede that to you. So he earned 158 Yards. Regardless, is 158 yards really someone looking like a legit QB? You're obviously gonna see what you want to see, but what a ridiculous comment.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Okay, now to complete this, we just need RoyalTee to make an appearance and tell me the league, the refs, the rule book, and myself are all wrong.

Look, if you can produce evidence that the call was wrong (i.e., a league apology to the Jets), I will have no recourse but to change my tune on this matter. Until then, everything on this matter is on my side.

By the way, didn't you lose your TGG privileges to ever speak on matters concerning the rule book after that infamous The New "Tuck Rule" thread?

#274 Cakes, Dec 5, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  15. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can take away plays in football :breakdance: Hail Marys are hardly ever completed, and when they are, the QB deserves all the yards that come with it. It was a great throw, even a moron like yourself cannot dispute that. Unlike Brady's 43 yard completion to Maroney, which was actually about an 8 yard pass, but it just so happened Maroney had some room to work with. The booth however, thought it was the best thing they had ever seen how Brady managed to scoot 5 feet to his right to avoid a 4 man rush. But if you took away that completion, which we won't, Brady would have only thown for 214.

For Boller, I'd say he had a pretty good day against a D that doesn't normally allow a lot of 'good days.'

Brady's rating: 76.3, Bollers: 105.3. With everyone's yards still intact.

Also, I read somewhere that HGH is what older athletes turn to when they want something to push them past the plateau they seem to reach with regular anabolic steroids. Can't find it anymore but:

Here's an excerpt from an article from a site that's NAME is HGH, so I'm sure they have invested interest in putting across accurate information.

It’s human growth hormone that grows the cells, bones, muscles, and organs, and it is the decreasing level of human growth hormone after age 30 that slowly robs us of our "youth." The men (in a study) did not alter their personal habits of eating, smoking, or exercise, yet with the consumption of HGH, they lost an average of 14% of their body fat, while gaining an average of 8.8% lean muscle mass.
    http://www.hgh9.com/

HGH is still performance enhancing, and Harrison is still a cheater.

#275 Going4TheGreen, Dec 5, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  16. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

There won't be a fanbase by that point. They'll like whoever is about to win SB 68

17. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Yep, that's exactly what I was saying.... But, expect BADVIKE to simply ignore that obvious truth because it isn't convenient for his absurd argument....

Anabolics grow muscles at an unnatural rate and, thus, increase the risk of muscle tears (see: David Boston).... For a young athlete, it's worth the risk, for the advantage is gives...

For an older athlete, like Harrison, the risk would not be worth it, as a major injury could be very likely to end his career.... Instead he turned to HGH, which spurts bone and muscle growth, along with helping to burn fat and up athletic performance. As Harrison is up there in age, just a low regular dosage of HGH could theoretically return him to the athletic condition he was at a younger age.... With a higher dosage, the likely advantage would be clear......

Once again, HGH is banned under the same rule as Anabolics for a reason....

18. msw6880

msw6880 New Member

I just wanted to let all the J-E-T-S fans out there know how much joy I and countless other Patriots fans get from your board each and every week. It is truly heartening to come in here after a tough Patriots game and relive our glory through your heartbreak.

PS - Thanks for the "blueprint" for beating the Dolphins, we'll be happy to use it later.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

What position do you play?

20. rillo

rillo New Member

Bandwagon just like 90% of your fan base :gpc: