Patriots tied with the Ravens

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Dec 3, 2007.

1. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I look at it like this... It's just one more thing I can throw up at my awful Pat fan relatives when they go unbeaten...

1. They're proven cheaters

2. They had to be handed a game by the Refs

can anyone else say tainted?

2. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

F-bullshit.

The Steelers don't have a chance next week. They have to play the Pats in fag town with there fans and Refs now..

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No??? How about the Colts game last year?

Miller with coverage down the sideline on Reggie Wayne....Incomplete.

Complaints...

They rerun the same exact play down the line, PI call on Miller.

If this is the first time you've seen this blatant Bull$#!T, you havent been watching enough Jets games....:mad:

4. By the way guys,

For once w/ all this Patriots hatred..it isnt just us anymore...EVERYONE hates them..

Except the NFL and media of course

5. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Actually they are supposed to be IMpartial. Partial means the exact opposite.

6. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Okay, there's one example of it being called 9 years ago, when there have been at least 3 or 4 Hail Mary's every week in the NFL since then... They don't call it

7. nicolab

nicolab Member

hate the patsys even more now

:pats_suck:

8. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Baltimore handed that game over last night. They deserved to win it, but they literally handed it away, you can blame the refs all you want.

The refs didn't call a timeout on 4th down, Baltimore did. The refs didn;t throw that deep ball with nothing but Patriots jerseys.

Baltimore lost their mind at the end. They blew their cool when the game was almost won. They were mugging players on the field...there were receivers getting held and tackled on nearly every play. If you Tivo'd the game, watch it again...in addtional to the penalties the refs called, there were additional ones all over the place that could have been called...multiple fouls on every play. Baltimore just lost it. They lack self discipline.

I am not going to brag about the Pats winning last night....they should have lost....but Baltimore unravelled, came unglued..there isn't a team of refs in the league that wouldn't have been throwing those flags at the end.

The Ravens cracked when they knew the Pats were going to get one more drive. They snapped. They were disorganized, undisciplined, and too fired up to control themselves. The folded.

9. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Are you kidding me? Did you see the intro to the game?

Were you under the impression that the intro was somehow flattering to the Patriots?

10. rillo

rillo New Member

Classic Pats/refs game....cheap holding, illegal contact calls at the end of the game.

#230 rillo, Dec 4, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Also, why were the Patsies awarded an additional 5 yards on the Brady scramble for illegal contact on Samari Rolle? They took the play. Isn't it one or the other - either you take the play or you take the penalty. Why did they get both?

12. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I missed the very beginning. What happened?

13. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

They really focused on BB in the intro....it was not flattering. They brought up the usual stuff....cheating, arrogant, the handshakes, his fashion sense..

I was just makeing the point that the media is FAR from in the Patriots back pocket.

Of course, due to their record, the talking heads have to pay lip service to how great they are and all, but these guys, the ESPN guys, the Steve youngs and Collinsworths...they all HATE the Pats, trust me. Most of the media guys do...but when you are winning, media etiquette says you have to kiss their ass...so there is some of that, admittedly. But trust me, they do don't like the Pats any more than you do, for the most part.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Someone must have linked this thread to a Pats board. 60+ people in the NFL forum and most of them viewing this thread!?

15. Beamen

Beamen New Member

While I agree that BELICHICK is far from having the media in his back pocket, the team as a whole really does...

The most telling example?

Rodney Harrison vs Shawn Merriman

Merriman serves a steroid suspension. Comes back. Every time he makes a play, talk of his suspension. Talk of instituting a rule that if you serve a suspension, you can't make the Pro Bowl, simply to try to keep Merriman out. Merriman is thought of as classless because of his sack dance, considered a taunt.

Harrison serves a steroid suspension. Comes back. Every time he makes a play, talk of how great a leader he is, and how badly he was missed. His suspension is only mentioned with regards to how much better the Pats' D is with him, as opposed to the first 4 games. Harrison, despite being voted by his peers dirtiest player in the league is considered 'gritty' and 'tough' in the media. Harrison is thought of as funny and spunky because of the way he taunts his opponents, without a peep about a taunt being classless (ala Merriman).

The favoritism is undeniable.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

no, because there's always a chance of a long runback on a kick return.

17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Yeah but if you think the Pats weren't squibbing that ball you're nuts. Actually I think the penalties saved time for the Ravens. a Squib would have given them the ball at 25 ish and would have knocked off about 6 seconds. I would rather be five yards back and have one more heave down the middle.

18. JTheHM

JTheHM New Member

Two glaring differences between the two:

1) Merriman was suspended for steroids, Harrison for use of HGH.

2) After returning to the lineup after serving his suspension, Merriman had an obvious and incredible drop in production, leading to a lot of people to question just how much those steroids helped.... Harrison, since his return, is actually playing better.

19. BADVIKE

BADVIKE New Member

Quick, who am I?

"Waahhhhhhh!"

Give up? Ravens and Jets fans.

Get over yourselves. Cry babies. To make ridiculous comments like "The NFL has it out for any team playing the Patriots" is one of the most asinine, juvenile, and ridiculous comments to make about professional sports. And of course it comes out of New York. Did anyone of you actually watch the Pats-Colts game? Did any of you actually see all the calls that went against the Patriots and for the Colts? Complain about "4 penalties to 10 penalties" all you want, but when the shoes on the other foot, and the referees call so many penalties against New England that it sets the franchise record for penalties in a game, I didn't hear any cries of favoritism coming out of New York. Let me guess, all of those penalties were deserved? Give me a break. The Ravens gave this game up to the Patriots. Period. There were calls going for the Patriots in the fourth quarter, but there were sure as hell plenty of non-calls that should of been made (the hold on Welker when Reed intercepted the ball for example.)

As far as Harrison Vs Merriman debate? Your an idiot. Nobody talks about Merriman for his suspension anymore. The guy won defensive player of the year for Christ sake. Not to mention, Harrison got caught for HGH, not steroids. HGH helps your body recover quicker (he was injured,) Steroids helps your body grow. Theres a difference.

Stop being whiny little babies. Most of you are Yankees fans, and you sure as hell didn't let up on the rest of MLB when you were winning championship after championship. You were easily the most abrasive fans in sports over that time. Now you want to call it quits after the tides turn? Take your come-up-ins like men.

And oh yeah. Everyone enjoy watching the Patriots in the Super bowl.

20. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Thank You! There was never a more correctly place blow up at an officiating squad.