Pennington hints at new zip code in 2008?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlairThomas#1, Nov 29, 2007.

1. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I really think Penny will be a Raven or a Bear next year.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Ravens could be a good fit... I don't think the Bears would be though. The Bears love a deep threat and his arm is not suited for that style of offense or the fact that it is "the windy city".

3. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

i hope he stays as our back up and clemens mentor.i even hope he stays for the league minimum.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

There is no QB good enough to start with this bullshit team. The team sucks,inside and out. Chad took the fall. We will be lucky to find a QB to lead us to as much success as Chad has. If Clemens flops,that will only prove it more.

5. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Well if KC had recievers to throw too... I heard again Coles might be out and Couchery for the Dolphin game. Unbelievable.

6. GreenMachine

their is not there

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm thinking Kansas City. Herm would give his left nut for a healthy Chad because he believes that's worth 9 or 10 wins, which is his definition of a successful season.

8. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Quarterbacks careers END. They all, at some point, become a much worse player than they once were. That has happened with Pennington. He is not by a long shot the player he once was. He is no longer a good QB. He demonstrated that consistently on the field this year. Why is that so hard to see? Being a good guy, coming back from two surguries and all the other vague Pennington intangibles that so many love does not matter at all if you cannot perform on the field and Chad cannot anymore.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It will be a sad day seeing Chad in another unifrom. I will always appreciate wht he did here and as long as he doesn't go to an AFC East team I will always root for him excep when we play his team.

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Chad will do a 'Jeff Garcia' , go somewhere else and go to the playoffs. I think he has enough left in the tank to be successfull elsewhere , but not with us.
    I hope he does go and I wish him luck , but we need to strip this team down to the bare bones and build with quality , not hopefull cast-offs.

11. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Excuses, Excuses, knock it off already. Injuries are part of the NFL, deal with it and move on. When the Pats had WR's play DB's they still won games. Stop making excuses for KC, his play thus far has been poor, even worse than CP. Many young QB's when they get their shot come in and excel, KC who sat for 1 and a half years, a 2nd round, easily 1st, if not for injury, round pick is not showing anything. If we lose to the Dolphins and KC plays poorly... we will be worst team in the NFL.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Chad is no longer a starter in the league and only a 2nd string on a bad team. His arm is shot. Its a sad situation since he was a great guy to root for but I definitely do no want him on the Jets and I feel sorry for any team that would rely on him for anything more then a game or 2. And I hate the fact that the Mike Lupica's of the world say " See Jet fans, it was not Chad's fault" We did not put all the blame on Chad. Everyone knows our defense sucks as does our run blocking but he was one of the problems.

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Anyone who rags on Clemens after 3 games is either a jet hater or knows nothing about football. At least give the guy the rest of the season.

14. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

I am not ragging on him but I am sick of hearing excuse after excuse. This is the NFL, either perform or move on, just ask CP. These are the facts about KC so far:

After four starts, including the last three games, he's the lowest-rated quarterback with more than 140 attempts at 56.9. He has completed just 49.1 percent of his passes, with three touchdowns and six interceptions. Though his strong arm was expected to stretch the field more than Pennington has, Clemens is averaging only 5.61 yards per attempt.

Bottom line is, regardless of all the other shit going on with the team, he needs to play better.

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Between Pennington and Clemens the QB play on this team has been awful. A has been and a never will be is no way to build a football team. Fortunately I think Clemens may improve because he is smart and has some real skills. Time will tell.

16. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

That is what I am saying. Very true.!!!:beer:

17. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Gosh, I didn't realize his numbers were that bad. I think he still has enough talent, arm strength, mobility, and will get more experience with the remainder of the season, that we do not have to go on a QB hunt in the Draft in 2008.

I am not surprized that there has been no earth shattering turn around in the Jets play with the onset of KC for reasons sited above and in other threads.

KC's numbers are probably somewhat reflective of our relatively poor offensive line blockling (no pass protection and no running game) and our defense getting pushed all over the field, thereby putting KC in situations where he tries to force something.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Remind me again, Didnt he throw 2 picks in his first start at Baltimore, and 2 in garbage time vs. Buffalo?

And, has he not been without Coles pretty much since taking over?

And, going on that vein, hes 2 Td's w/ 2 int's since becoming the full time starter, playing behind a bad OL, and without any WR corps whatsoever....

19. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

we were going no where with Chad..I think he is a good guy, sometime the nice guy stuff gets to me but I think he is sincere..Clemens just needs to settle in..we made the right call

20. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I take it you would have cut or replaced Peyton Manning after his first season as well. Here are his stats. Obviously he was mediocre at best.

Yards 3739 T/D 26 Int 28 And Meaningless Passer rating 71.2