Pennington hints at new zip code in 2008?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlairThomas#1, Nov 29, 2007.

1. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

VERY TRUE:up:

2. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

How did Chad get screwed?????????? He can't throw.... A QB who can't throw, isn't a QB. Never saw a guy who throws like he does get such support. It's ridiculous how he says he's a starter. He isn't a NFL starter anymore, for any team, throwing like he does.

3. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Because this franchise is chock full of moments like the 41-0 game against the Colts or winning @ SD in the playoffs.

Chad was and is the man.

4. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

get off the drugs.

5. #28Martin

The Colts game was before he had two major shoulder surgeries and he wasn't exactly Johnny Unitus in that SD game either. He isn't half the thrower, he even was in that SD game.

6. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Why don't you root for the team he goes to-instead of rooting for the "Jets-so-long-as-Chad-is-the-Quarterback." I am a laundry man myself. I don't get wrapped up in players.

7. ShadeTree#55

Get on the drugs.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well for the CP supporters it is a very simple equation. Keeping CP maintains value in there jerseys which is far more important then becoming WORLD CHAMPIONs. To them it is a very fair tradeoff if you can understand there logic

9. ShadeTree#55

When I see Clemens "Championship" doesn't come to mind. More like rebuild.

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Let's talk upside, because upside is what you talk about at times like this. What is Chad's upside? Teams have got his number, and not just good D's, either. If he starts again in the NFL it will be due to injury, or to the sad state of QBs lin the league. I certainly do not want to rebuild around that concept. I want someone who has some potential. Pedestrian was a complimentary description of his present capability.

11. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

you mean our "Pro Bowl" quality receiving corps?

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Lost his cerebral quality??? He didn't get a lobotomy or a series of concussions. He's still a very smart QB. The fact is that the rest of the offense pretty much sucks, excepting the WR's. Aging isn't even a question, although the injuries could be for all we know.

I don't necessarily think Chad got screwed. Once we were out of contention it was time to give the rookie snaps and figure him out. That is just football. Unless Clemens really comes on strong he doesn't appear to be much of an upgrade to Chad... in fact I would still say Chad is the better QB today.

The problem with going to the rookie as we did means that we are most likely going to part with the veteran. Hopefully we end up with a better QB under center, but that still remains to be seen. What Clemens really needs is a better team around him. Hard to evaluate a guy that has to lead this offense.

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Chad will end up going to a team with a better supporting cast and most likely rise like a phoenix from the ashes there. I can't dump on the guy myself without seeing him play with a stronger cast before I'm convinced he just "got stupid". I am sure he will get his shot somewhere.

In the meantime we are all going to be left hoping that Clemens can be a stud.

14. ShadeTree#55

I hope Clemens works out, I just don't see "it". Maybe I am wrong, but I think Clemens is a future backup.

15. #28Martin

How is he a future backup? He has hardly played. Give the guy some time before labeling him.

16. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

putting the emotion either for or against chad aside for a minute... i think we're gonna be in a trent green situation next year. we don't wanna have chad here next year as a back up for 4.8 mil. we also don't wanna just cut him without trading him for some value. now lets say chad doesn't get any offers from teams cause they figure the jets will eventually cut him, now we're in a lockout situation. we don't want him here at 4.8 mil but we don't wanna cut him without getting anything for him. do we let him come into training camp with the ability to win the starting role back for 08? i think that's silly myself this change at qb shouldn't be something to flip flop about. right now chad is the more polished qb and probably would win the job over kc in training camp again next year but thats not in the new york jets long term interests. so its a kansas city trent green situation. a conditional pick for chad is risky too given his injury situation.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I remember when Testeverde was kept in at starter about a year too long and even after Chad came in and the team started performing well, some people on this board were still pissed off and thought Vinny was getting the shaft. We weren't rebuilding the personnel at that time, though.

18. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

Sadly I agree with you. He seems like a strong armed Alex Smith.

19. amsingh

amsingh New Member

Here's a better question... how many times did our pathetic defense blow a double digit lead? Chad is a qb that can orchestrate long clock killing drives, and needs a running game. He can put you on top an maintain a lead but not if the defense shits the bed every week and allows TD after TD. Chad didn't play great, and I am glad to see what Clemens has, but that doesn't change the fact that Chad got the raw end of the deal, after he has done more for this this franchise on the field, and off the field as a team mate, than any other Jets QB, minus Joe Namath of course.

20. amsingh

amsingh New Member

Where did I say I don't root for the Jets. I rooted for Chad when he was in and now I root for Clemens. I'm not saying I want Chad back as the starter, but I still think he shouldn'tve been blamed for the teams multitude of problems, starting from the top.