Growing Pains - Get used to it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 22, 2007.

1. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Got to say - this team blows monkey cock along with the CS and its going to be even more embarrassing when the Dophags lay it on us.

And - I agree with anyone who has spent any time watching the NFL over the years who pointed out that this is NOT rebuilding but a complete pile of monkey shit team, staff and owner. Just because you put the "Rebuilding" stamp on your team doesn’t give you a built in excuse to suck worse than any team in history on any given Sunday.

Losers – loser fans who accept garbage, loser coaching staff who accept and look like garbage, loser players who don’t mind getting kicked in the nuts daily, loser owner who doesn’t mind looking like a douche bag and a god damn loser front office who thinks that losing is somehow the highway to winning.

For you losers that are going to tell me to pick another team – bite my left nut you jackass loser…I refuse to accept this garbage anymore and try to justify it.

#21 VickBlows, Nov 22, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  2. semperfidelisjetfan

semperfidelisjetfan New Member

Forget the Mangini type of player..to be competitive we need to hit free agency hard this year....I feel that we should bring in Faneca for the Oline, and DeAngelo Hall at corner...Also bring in Haynesworth at the D-line...May sound far fetched but it needs to be done...In the First round, you trade out of a top five pick and draft an o-lineman and wide receiver with first two picks...

Im sick of hereing that certain players arent mangini guys....I dont care if they have an attitude....Its usually because they are true competitors

3. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

:eek:hmy: WOW, so how do you REALLY feel? I think your holding back a little, it's not healthy to contain your emotions like that.

:cool:

But nah on the real, I understand your angst but I think your taking this a little too seriously Vick, umm from my perspective, this is just a source of entertainment.

Not asking you to agree, all be it BAD entertainment, its just that.

It's gonna be ok, if people want to call it a 'rebuilding' year and are ok with the losing, that's on them, but dude its really not that serious.

:up:

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

dude that 9 guys out of a 53 man team....and KC is by no means a given and Smith is hardly anything to build around....so 7.......im not all that excited

5. jonnyd

weneed some fuckin guards on this team.....holy shit do we need some fucking guards....we need to trade out of our juicy pick and beef up both lines

6. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

The only thing worse than watching that game today is reading the gloom and doom crap in this forum.

7. hazmat

hazmat New Member

You're all the same phony fans who jumped back on the bandwagon last week. None of you want to face the reality that we have a quarterback making his 4th start in the NFL and a horrible offensive line. It takes time to build a team the right way. It's not like if we sign 2 free agents we are beating the pats so continue to build the team the right way primarily through the draft. I'm so tired of all the negativity. We all knew when Mangini and Tannenbaum took over it was going to take multiple years to build a team that contended for a superbowl every year.

8. rillo

rillo New Member

Agreed.....some of the post are unreal.

9. jonnyd

then dont read it. what the hell do you expect when the team is 2-9 and just got embarrassed on national T.V?????? Your stupid poems and songs are unreadable too, but noone complains....the team is a disaster and there is nothing to look forwad to, but we shouldnt post negatively? please...stop your nonsense

10. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Probably the most naive thing I've read on this board.

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm not so sure about the over-achieves thing at this point. Yes, the Jets beat the Patriots last year in bad weather at Foxboro, that was clearly an over-achievement. But then you have to couple that with losing to the Browns in a game in which the Browns offense was stalled all game but our offense was worse.

Basically we beat a collapsing Dolphins team twice last season, along with the Texans, Raiders, Vikings, Lions, Bills, Titans (with Kerry Collins starting two weeks after the team picked him up) and Packers who were 4-7 coming in and had lost two straight. That's 9 easy ducks that the Jets picked off for wins.

Right now last season looks more like a lucky mirage than anything else. As soon as the fog cleared in Foxboro the Jets got routed by the Pats in the post-season.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We have been killed this year in two games and I don't think it's a coincidence that both of those teams are among 2 or 3 elite NFL Teams. Most of the league is mired in mediocrity and the difference between the 8, 9 and 10 teams wins and the 4, 5 and 6 win teams is very small.

The Cowboy team we lost to is very likely to be a serious SB contender for years. They have substantially upgraded their team with the addition of Tank Johnson since they lost to NE several weeks ago and they are in a very competitive battle for home field in the playoffs. At home I fully expect an elite SB contending team to kick the crap out of a second tier NFL mediocre team in their house on national TV in a short week. That doesn't mean we are far from being a first tier medicore NFL team just like we have been since 98.

14. Br4d

I think we're a lot farther from being a 1st tier team than anybody is really willing to admit at the moment.

How far are we from being able to win 9 games again? Maybe just 3 or 4 players, so that is doable in the short term. Getting to 12 wins would take replacing 75% of the starters,

15. winstonbiggs

We have had a 12 win team once in the history of this franchise and it took one of the great staffs in NFL history to get us 1 and the team they built got us 1 12 team win. This is year 2 for Mangini and Tannenbuam. How many 12 team GM/HC are there available for us to go get? If we can I'm all for doing it. Since I don't think we can I would rather let Mangini develop than go sign another retread staff to start over.

16. Br4d

I don't want to watch 4 or 5 years of crappy football before Mangini finally tumbles to what works and doesn't work in the NFL.

He got lucky with Chad last season and an easy schedule. There's no reason at all to believe he can replicate that anytime in the near future.

You realize Thomas Jones is going to turn 30 before the first game of next season? What kind of coach brings in that kind of runningback, gives him a 5 year deal and then lets the offensive line disintegrate? It's like watching a bad Madden GM and CS at work.

17. winstonbiggs

Any Jets fan of any age has watched at least 15 to 20 years of bad Jets football. I don't see an instant upgrade at HC for this team that takes us from being a bad to a good football team.

18. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

First, I haven't written any songs or poems in over a year. Second, plenty didn't like them and told me so. Third, I didn't attack you specifically, so I don't know why you feel the need to attack me.

As for what I expect, I expect people to realize that what we saw yesterday tells us close to nothing about this team. The team is not good, but they are not as far from decent as their record indictates. They've got issues (some big), but people here are overreacting. This team could easily be 5-6, but few things have gone their way. I'll be very surprised if they aren't 8-8 or better next year.

19. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

I dont understand... what did some of you expect?? I mean seriously? 11-5?

It was obvious this team was blessed with an unbelievably easy schedule last year and a surprising game plan. The Regime's fault was in letting that over-estimate the team and fail to bring in more talent in the offseason. But it was obvious we werent gonna do anything that special this year. Pennington fell apart, we brought in a new QB, this is a rebuilding year.

Can we please not alienate Mangini and co before they get us to a superbowl? Because it will happen just be patient. Great teams dont get built in a day.

This team is COMPLETELY de-void of talent right now. The O-line needs a few more key players and more experience playing with each other, and the front 7 on defense need significant improvement. Give it time

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Or we pick right after the Pats.