Giant Staduim Voes to end "Breast-Gate"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by F Miami, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Round here, most people just didn't follow football that much...except for BC Eagles.

We only have 1 professional team in each sport in Boston. For example, I used to be a Bruins fan, until I realzied they were just going to suck year after year, and the owner didn't care, so I just stop watching the NHL. Rather than jumping ship, you jump sports.

2. GreenMachine

AKA Front Runners

3. Thomas144

Thomas144 Member

I was surprised yesterday that the thread on this topic had already been locked, before we had even heard what the league office was going to do about it.

Regardless of whether the team is fined and/or loses draft choices because of this, it certainly taints everything the Jets have accomplished this season.

4. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Aw, hell.....if I root for a team that is going nowhere and the ownership will not even TRY to improve the team, then that makes me a sucker, not a fan.

If I were living in New York, I could pick the Rangers, Islanders, Devils, or Sabers.....in fact, it was a first round sweep by the Sabres of the Bruins that did it for me, back in 1991 or '92 I think it was. the Bruins went in as the #1 seed and got swept in the first round by Buffalo.

I said to myself "Jacobs (the owner), phuck you and your team." I have never watched a game since, with the exception of a couple of appearances at the games when tickets fell into my lap.

They have yet to make it into the second round of the playoffs since.

At least the Celtics have TRIED to put together a team over the last 15 years, they just failed. I can respect that. But, the Bruins ownership doesn;t care at all, so long as they make money.

5. blantyr

blantyr Member

Alas, the willingness of the various franchises to police fan behavior depends in part on how easy it is to sell tickets, which in turn depends on the quality of the product on the field. There was many a season a decade or three back when the Patriots stunk. During that time, Foxboro Stadium was not a family friendly place. These days, with waiting lists for tickets and scalp prices being absurd, the Patriots are much more ready to cast out those who misbehave.

6. Giants4Ever

Giants4Ever New Member

More great press for the Jets

The Smoking Gun now has a video of Jets fans throwing a BEER CART off the top of Gate D....wonderful

7. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

A CART?!?!?!

Talk about alcohol abuse!!!!! BASTARDS!!! Arrest the lot of 'em!:drunk:

8. rillo

rillo New Member

9. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

To paraphrase my fellow poster earlier in this thread....

"Hey, people should just sit in their seats or use the escalator if they don't want to get hit by a cart."

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i only read a page and a half so forgive me if this has been said.

its the typical me attitude that concerns me with people, those at gate d and those on the board. ive been to gate d a number of times during halftime as that is where my old season tickets used to be and i smoke during halftime.

its not about what you want to see, hear, get hit with or anything else. its about what the guy next to you might think of things. back years ago, and im only 32 so its not that long ago people gave a shit what affect their actions would have on OTHERS not just what they thought was good or bad. the continued total lack of care for anyone else (not just on this topic but in general) is really sad.

a wise man once said

do unto others, as though you were the others

people really need to think about that statement.

/gets down off soap box

let the flaming of me begin again!

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Great post! We are all in this thing together and our actions impact others and theirs impact us. Have a great Thanksgiving!

12. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

I said it before, the fans are out of control...

Merge me if you must, but I refuse to enter a thread that has a spelling error or typo in the title...

For years I have been stating my opinion that the atmosphere at a Jets' game has deteriorated into an orgy or drunken morons and rude young people - and the news this week about "Breast Gate" confirm my opinion. Now it is TRULY a drunken orgy - or a scene out of "Girls Gone Wild."

Is this what we want fans around the country to see? Is this the type of atmosphere we want at our stadium - for our team? I know this isn't the "heartland" but when you can't take your kids to a sporting event because it's too full of drunks cursing and pissing - and loud mouths cursing - and now idiots yelling for women to demean themselves and expose their breasts - then things ahve gotten out of hand...don't you agree?

I find guys who make fun of this uncouth and immature. Yes, there have been posts on TGG and comments by commentators and media people kind of joking about it - but it really isn't funny. If this were your daughter at the game, or you had taken your pre-teen to the game and witnessed this - to you find it acceptable?

The other issue is the lack of security - when Giants' Stadium says they will increase security from 33 - yes only 33 in a crowd of 80-thousand - that's ridiculous! They spend more time worrying about parking then the security, safety and CIVILITY of fans.

As a life long 35+ year Jet fan, I am embarrassed and ashamed...appalled and dissapointed. Maybe if they had built the WSS then we'd have weeded out some of these "FANS."

gg

13. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Fair play KC game temps below freezing 100 ladies line up at the top of gate D and chant "show us your dick":rofl2:

14. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I gotta tell ya man, by that notion, I have no problem chanting, "show us your tits". I wouldn't mind someone chanting it towards me, so what's the problem?

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your frontal lobe?

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

They really haven't accomplished anything.....

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I blame Fireman Ed. Him and his buddy "Sack Neck"

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Apparently everything that could ever be said about the subject was said in the first 4 pages. At least that's what I read.

19. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

Good one!:rofl2:

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

The made for TV movie will have Goldie Hawn as the reporter and it'll be called WIldcats II. Boom chigga boom wildcats.......