NFL Draft Top 100 Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jetcane, Nov 20, 2007.

1. JetsLookingforDWare

Long at DE/OLB is a loooong shot.

If he even came close to testing like a DE/OLB should athletically, I still think guys like Groves and Gholston are better 3-4 prospects.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

After the win at Pitt it looks like Chris Long won't be there when we pick.

When the Junior OTs declare, Jake Long may be the second or third tackle drafted. He wouldn't be a bad pick for us in the 8 -12 range.

3. TampaBayJetsFan85

I'm honestly not against drafting an Offensive Lineman with our first pick in the draft for the simple fact we now have a Franchise LT in Fergsuon, a Future Pro-Bowl Center for years to come in Mangold and if we draft another future Star on the Offensive line... We could actually have the O-Line locked up for the next 10-12 seasons with 3 young stars.

Yes, I know this team needs alot of work as far as the Defense goes. We still need to replace D.Robertson with a 3-4 NT instead of a 4-3 DT trying to play the role of a 3-4 NT. We still need that 3-4 LB from the outside who can put pressure on the QB, I would love a player such as T.Suggs and in my eyes we need a RE who can get to the QB just like J.Abe use to do for our Defense.

But at the same time... We have a young QB in Kellen with a BRIGHT Future! Why not go and draft another Offensive lineman to help protect this kid and give him the time to pick the Defense apart? I'm a huge Chad Pennington supporter, but Kellen has opened my eyes... This kid is the QB that Mangini drafted him to be, and he's fun to watch. The sky may be his limits. We have a 1-2 punch in Thomas Jones and Leon Washington... But we need an offensive line who can dominate the opposing Defensive line and get into the LB's. Our offense is not that far from becoming a powerhouse.

QB= Check
    1-2 Punch for the backfield= Check
    FB=Check
    WR with Coles and Cotchery=Check... But we do need an upgrade for our Slot WR.

That leaves the Offensive line... We need to add another young player with alot of potential to play alongside Mangold and Ferguson for years to come.

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

All due respect Hasty, you don'r spend an early Rd 1 pick on a RT, we have D-Brick on the left side.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

8-12 you have to think NT

6. Hobbes3259

WR?????? AYFKM??????

Stuckey, more likely than not, Or Brad Smith will be your slot guy.

So you have two chances at getting it right.

Cotchery is a 2.

Coles....????

You need a #1 guy, and there are two or 3 guys over 6'2" and 215....with speed. at 8-12, which you could take if you think Okam slips to you in the second.

7. brettbrettr

brettbrettr New Member

What's wrong with O lineman?

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Chris Long is the guy I want.

9. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

McFadden-He is the number one prospect in the draft and we need a playmaker on offense! If trades are made for Chad, Jv or even Coles we will have numerous picks to address all of our needs. This team should take the BPA! Long is being over hyped because of his father! If Mcfadden falls in our laps we should take him. Just like the Vikings took Peterson this year even though they had a RB!

10. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I definitely want someone for the DL. NT if the guy will fit there; otherwise DE.

11. TJones20

TJones20 New Member

Deshawn Jackson- california

our depth at receiver is not that good, and there are no real "speed" receivers to open up a true deep ball threat, Jackson is a playmaker and a solid pick, mayb not top 10 but trade i say trade down pick up another pick and take him middle o the first

12. section134

section134 Active Member

draft

jake long looks good but jets need DEFENSE

13. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Whaddya y'all think of this Malcolm Kelly guy from Oklahoma (don't watch much NCAA)? He is a 6'3"-210 lb. reciever and is rated #12 on the list. We could really use that big guy target. Does he have the talent to justify a mid-high 1st rounder?

14. Hobbes3259

Kelly, Hardy, Sweed whichever guy runs the fastest 40 and can be gotten.

(Thining Vilma, or Pennington trade and move up here)

15. FOURTHANDLONG

So you want to take the 12th rated player with the third or fourth pick we have?????? You want to pass on nine players that were rated higher than him?

16. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Way to be a fan. I don't think we're gonna have a top 5 pick first of all. Second, there is always the possibility of a trade-down or the pick we get for Vilma.

17. Scottso

Scottso Member

Question. Who is the number one rated nose tackle in the draft. I personally would like to see a situation where we get a big nose tackle, and shift Robertson over to play some Defensive End.

18. FOURTHANDLONG

Im a fan that wants to win. Who is going to trade up with us? There are a bunch of good Qb's in the draft plus ones to be had via trades this year so no one is going to Mortgage their draft trade up to get one from us. We are in the unfortunate position of having to actually make the pick. The Pick we get for Vilma will be a low one or second round pick and coming off the Leg injury it might be a third rd pick or below.