a steeler fan said it best, we did not dominate the steelers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by alleycat9, Nov 19, 2007.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Hines Ward was wearing a knee brace and was limited in his cuts, but still played the whole game. That's probably what he meant.

2. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Forget all the other stuff. Bottom line is we were inside the 10 yard line and only scored a TD once. If we had a little better line and better play calling in the redzone, we win the game easily. Because of this, we could have lost the game, but our D stepped up. I wouldn't say we dominated, but if we get 1 or 2 more TD's inside the RZ, the game wouldn't have been that close.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

This thread is ludicrous. We easily destroyed the steelers.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The surprise on Sunday was that the Jets played the Steelers to a draw and then got lucky in OT. That in and of itself was enough to make this a noteworthy game.

Nothing the Jets had shown so far this year suggested that they'd play the Steelers that tough and come away with a win.

Anybody who thinks anybody got dominated or got unlucky on Sunday wasn't watching the game closely. The two teams basically played 60 minutes of smashmouth football and then they both had a chance to win in OT. That's a good game.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Everybody knows we can't score in the red zone. We haven't been able to for two years but we still waste 1st and 2nd downs trying. Then we go to the fade or out and end up kicking. Our play selection inside the 5 is cast in concrete and the whole league knows what it will be.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's because we're too small to just pound the ball, and have been since Kareem McKenzie left the Jets.

Teams that can just pound the ball have a lot more latitude inside because everybody bites on the play fakes. I don't think anybody bites on the Jets play action.

7. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Let's see Jets win so who gives a S*** who dominated. We won and that's that.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, the problem is we keep trying like we can. Inside the 5 should be 3 straight passes for this team and at least some of them should be over the middle. If they are going to use Smith in the end zone they should be trying to take advantage of his height. Let him go up for the ball not try to catch an out. Same with Baker.

#28 Don, Nov 20, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  9. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

How about some roll outs and TE crossing. It worked for the first TD. Hell, the way Ellis looked on the fumble recovery and how everyone wants to be like NE, I say put him in on the goal line.

10. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

All I can say to this is "that's why you play the games"...this shit happens and you have to take what you can get. We should have beat Cincy, Washignton, and the Giants but the game didn't end that way. This Sunday, we did enough to win, nothing spectacular but we did it....

11. LWC611

LWC611 Member

That pretty much sums it up.

12. themasochist

themasochist New Member

Big deal. Who cares what a Steeler fans thinks. They are one of the top 3 teams in the AFC and we were 1-8 and beat them by playing tough. That's all. No we didn't DOMINATE, but who ever dominates the Steelers? They are good.

13. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I think you only got "attacked" because your post made it seem like the Jets were lucky to win. Furthermore, you started an entire post to "attack" ONE person who said, in another thread, that the Jets "dominated."

14. thrill5one6

thrill5one6 New Member

+1
    ............ten

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I was the one who posted that in the other thread. I said "we easily destroyed the steelers". I thought it was obvious that I was being extremely sarcastic given we needed a 90 yard tying FG drive and overtime to beat them. I guess I need to be more obvious.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I agree with that, they used him on that play like he was a vet receiver and not a guy who is playing his second season at a new position and having been little utilized in the past at that. The execution was good and the route was run well but his hands aren't there yet if they ever will be.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thankfully someone saw what i was trying to say in this thread. thank god

i wasnt attacking the steelers fan, i actually said in a post in this thread that he is a good poster.

i wasnt saying we were lucky, i was just saying what i saw in the game.

as someone who started posting here in the very beginning i have to say this forum has changed and it doesnt appear to be for the better, its quite ugly here and i highly doubt i will start anymore threads, too many people too ready to attack anything they might not agree with and too many that dont read the posts just react to what they think are always views that are against their own.

to those of you that werent assholes in this post thank you i appreciate your criticism of my original post and discussion during the thread.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No.

Inside the 5 shoud be Mosely, and Drob reporting as eligible, Brandon Moore Cutting his guy, and Eric Barton as FB...

If anyone is bringing up the Pitt game, it wasnt the OL's fault
    Jones got bounced...he missed the hole.

He tried to go right up the tackle, while Baker pushed his guy about 4 yards
    off the line. The gap was big enough to drive a truck through, But when
    TJ ran upside the tackle, the two LBs were right on him.

#38 Hobbes3259, Nov 20, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  19. GreenMachine

Does it matter if the Jets dominated? Beating a better team, ranked #1 in defense, is all that matters.

Sounds like Steeler fans are licking their wounds and getting a bad taste in their mouths after being exposed

20. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Yeah what's your point? The Jets won the game against a better team, they outplayed them. What did you expect? Them to crush them 41-3? 1-8 teams just don't do that to 7-2 teams.